• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
My birthday present to myself last year was to upgrade my keyboard and mouse to Razer Black Widow keyboard and Deathadder mouse. Razer released the wonderful settings management application Synapse which, after it updated recently won't open.

Razer are proving to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard - uninstall and reinstall was the first idea and then, deciding from viewing some logs I sent them, that the installation is fine and that I have a conflict somewhere or my version of Windows is causing a problem and then they thanked me for contacting them.

Having refreshed windows and rerun antivirus and anti-malware applications I find there are no issues except Synapse 2.0. I tried installing an old version which began working until it decided to auto-update to the latest version which, surprise surprise, doesn't open.

I've sent this information back to Razer, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone else on here has come across this problem and has a solution.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hm. I just never updated my Synapse. My Death Adder still works fine.

ZeroDragon

I'm sure I have a disk with a version of synapse which came with one of the keyboards or mice. Hopefully that won't jump into an auto update.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I think I have my updating turned off somehow. I'll have to check when I'm on the machine with the actual Razer attached. Worst case, I can zip up my driver and send it to you. What OS are you running?

ZeroDragon

Thanks Rayven, I run Windows 8.1, however Razer, or whoever answered my last challenging email came up with an idea about how they are recognised in Device Manager. Somehow Windows has fragmented them into conflicting parts, so 1 hotfix and a bit of disabling has it working again.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Awesome! I'm glad to hear it. I don't run 8 on anything so I'm glad they were able to provide a fix for it. I love my Razer so I'm happy to hear they came through.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts