Random, Useless Factoid Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
Yes, he's a pretty good actor as far as quirky or crazy weird characters are concerned. But to see him in that role, I can't imagine. I'm sure back before it happened some people could see it but now....? Really hard to imagine lol.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
RAIDO Useless Factoid Number 4:
WEIRD AL'S 'LIKE A SURGEON'

When coming up with a song parody, Weird Al avoids making a parody song that was someone else's original idea. If he didn't think it up himself, he doesn't want to use it. There is one song that he did record that was in fact someone else's idea and that was his 1985 single, Like a Surgeon.

A person once approached him and said he should do a parody of the Madonna song, Like a Virgin, but make it a doctor/medical theme. Al liked the idea and thought it could be funny, so he took Madonna's advice and penned and then recorded Like a Surgeon. This is the only song that is known to have not only not been his idea, but actually one suggested by the original song's recording artist.

weird-al-yankovic-like-surgeon-1800919.jpeg

Here's a few off the top of my head.
Did you know that black fur coloring in both dogs and wolves is actually a genetic mutation?
Wolves in the wild actually only acquired the genetic trait of black fur after dogs and wolves interbred, meaning that dogs were actually the first to have this genetic mutation. And if you're wondering, yes it is possible, albeit rare, for wolves and dogs to interbreed. The pups born thereafter are also still fertile.
If I remember right, most species of big cats can interbreed as well. So ligers actually are real animals.
If I can remember any other ones I'll edit this post later, but that's all for now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
Here's a few off the top of my head.
Did you know that black fur coloring in both dogs and wolves is actually a genetic mutation?
Wolves in the wild actually only acquired the genetic trait of black fur after dogs and wolves interbred, meaning that dogs were actually the first to have this genetic mutation. And if you're wondering, yes it is possible, albeit rare, for wolves and dogs to interbreed. The pups born thereafter are also still fertile.
If I remember right, most species of big cats can interbreed as well. So ligers actually are real animals.
If I can remember any other ones I'll edit this post later, but that's all for now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On the animal theme, you will never find a completely black domestic cat. There is always some other coloring, usually white, somewhere on the body. Solid black cats were slaughtered for superstitious reasons and thus genetically full black cats have been eliminated from the gene pool

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I didn't like beards, but then it grew on me.

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
RAIDO Useless Factoid Number 5:
ATHENS, GEORGIA'S DOUBLE-BARREL CANNON

doublebarrelcannon1.jpg

Living in Athens, Georgia for a good number of years while going to school and then some after that, one of the bizarre monuments in the town sits in front of city hall. It's thought to be the only known double-barrel cannon in existence. There was at least one other however.

The exact history of this object is not fully clear beyond it being a product of research done during the days of the US Civil War. There were two of these cannons made. The first was set up in an open field at a local farm and it was loaded with 2 cannon balls tethered together with a piece of chain.

The official report listed the testing as "unsuccessful," though the typical story of it tells that it actually exploded and killed several people when doing so. Whether there were deaths that actually happened is debated, but no one ever wanted to try firing the second cannon with live ammo. Thus the second one was set in front of city hall and loaded with blanks in hopes it would frighten off any approaching Union soldiers and spare the people hiding inside the building.

The cannon still sits in front of city hall today, fittingly on the north side of the building and is aimed due north. I guess some things never change.

Last edited:

raido KASAI

Ansei Master Badass
RAIDO Useless Factoid Number 6:
COCA-COLA

coca-cola.jpg

If they didn't add coloring to it, the color of Coca-Cola would be green

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Not a factoid, still random:

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Did you know that sharks dont sleep, they are so heavy that if they stopped moving, they would sink to the ocean floor

And they also need to keep moving to "breath".

Dabiene Caristiana

No idea if you guys know this youtuber, but he finds all sorts of amazing facts and other things and shares them. Very cheery guy! :p

dunklunk

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
Plus, I think Walken would've put up more of a fight before getting frozen in carbonite. :rolleyes:

"Forget the freaking princess! You ain't taking me in so easy, jackholes!" :eek:

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
Came for the random part:

aVXK9zn_700b.jpg

I can only laugh at how accurate that look is compared to mine in such a situation.

hershangames

A nice divine is called GOD, which is practically the same as GOOD.
A d**k divine is called DEVIL, which is practucay the same as EVIL.

Rasputin is likely the most hard to kill human being ever. He was poisoned, stabbed, shot several tines, beaten, wrapped in blankets and thrown to a river(a Russian river, just imagine the cold), and he died of drowning. Also, it was proven that he had escaped the wrapping, meaning he had Hugh chances of surviving.

The famous Roman legionnaires were actually pretty s****y, in fact all of Rome's infantry was. That's why they mainly used chivalry, because it allowed them to travel fast(increasing the changes of avoiding a combat in the open ) to cities, were they could used archers and different kinds of siege machines, in which they exceeled.

A sneath travels from your mouse to your nose at 40 km/s.

Despite what it is always thought, the first civilization ever was China. And not only that, but in the 500 b.C, Chinese people already had a level of technology pretty similar to that of the medieval age. And not only that, but until the 100 and something b.C, China was divided in 6 states, 5 of which could have easily rivaled the Roman Empire.

sent by the almighty Hershan from tapatalk

Dabiene Caristiana

aVXK9zn_700b.jpg

I can only laugh at how accurate that look is compared to mine in such a situation.

That's when you drive like a crazy 'Murican and race across lanes and hope someone isn't in the way! lol XD

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I have the perfect thing for here:

aOmRm52_700b.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts