• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I've put in over 1500 hours into this game... I've never seen the headless horseman. How is that? Everyone else seems to have seen him.
Oddly, I've been seeing him a lot lately. Started at about level 50. Okay, I'll amend that - I've been seeing his horse a lot. Where the horseman is, I have no idea, but his horse seems to be having the time of its life galloping about.[emoji2]

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Someone used telekinesis on the horsemans head.

*Cough* House

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Who has read the book, Great Harbingers?

Cirroc the Lofty, Redguard Harbinger. This is a reference/shout out to Jake Sisko on Deep Space 9, played by actor Cirroc Lofton. Surely I'm not the first one here to notice, but it's not on the wiki. :beermug:

th

HiredThug

That bucket in the tiny room in Honorhall Orphanage is a toilet right? So why does virtually no one else have a toilet/outhouse/anything? Do they all just go in pots? Last time I accidentally pick up a random pot whilst robbing houses...

Skittenlily

Juggernaut Assassin
Has anyone else just been out exploring and killed a dragon with an actual name? I had this happen to me, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. It started with an N I believe. I was in Rorikstead and it killed Rorik lol.

JoeReese

Those are the dragons you'll see Alduin resurrecting from the dragon mounds. Nahagliiv is buried in the hills above Rorikstead. If you see Alduin from a distance, he'll still be there next time you go that way, but if you get too close, he'll resurrect the dragon whether you're ready to fight or not and it'll just attack the town next time you're in it.

Here's a list of the dragons and their sites. If you take the dragon burial map from Delphine's secret room, you can show hunt them down.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Atlas_of_Dragons

JoeReese

Off in the distance, I just saw the Headless horseman being chased by a frostbite spider.

I've put in over 1500 hours into this game... I've never seen the headless horseman. How is that? Everyone else seems to have seen him.
I see him in odd places, but he seems to like the road between Rorikstead and Hamvir's Rest. Sometimes he'll just sit at Hamvir's, I assume visiting a lost friend or something.

JoeReese

Something I've never seen before this play through... I know it's not impossible, just struck me as odd. Ran in the gate, through town, turned right at the well, and ran up to the path by the mine.
2015-03-18_00002.jpg

scottishwar4

I've always wondered some random questions, but I can't seem to find an outlet to pose my thoughts. So here I go:
1) Will TES universe ever discover gunpowder or other inventions that propelled western civilization? I know that there is magic that a few people can use, but what about those NPC's that would eventually get tired of being saved by some random hero? Surely someone can put two and two together and find a way to even the playing field?

2) Could Skyrim actually be Europe from the Fallout universe? I know it sounds ridiculous, but Skyrim somewhat resembles Scotland and Northern England, and in the Fallout universe it is said that Europe is somewhat spared from the Nuclear Holocaust that gripped Asia and North America. The resource wars still hurt it, and that may explain why people have a noticeable lack of plows or other items that could make survival easier. Another idea is the dragons could be representative of nuclear weapons, made into folktales so people could understand, but that could not explain the events of Skyrim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livelyn

Totally Random thought;
What does Odaviing do when you aren't calling him to 'Help' (yeah right) you?
Odaviing: "I see one brit little dov-"
*circles angrily above dovahkiin after he is summoned*
"THANKS A LOT I WAS TRYING TO GET A DATE''

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
2) Could Skyrim actually be Europe from the Fallout universe? I know it sounds ridiculous, but Skyrim somewhat resembles Scotland and Northern England, and in the Fallout universe it is said that Europe is somewhat spared from the Nuclear Holocaust that gripped Asia and North America. The resource wars still hurt it, and that may explain why people have a noticeable lack of plows or other items that could make survival easier. Another idea is the dragons could be representative of nuclear weapons, made into folktales so people could understand, but that could not explain the events of Skyrim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not so ridiculous. Something I thought up once runs along a similar, yet even more radical vein. From an old post in this thread:

What if... The humans present on Nirn are descended from a group that left Earth during a colonization expansion? This took place so long ago that high technologies have long since been forgotten, and the middle-ages essentially occurred again on this new world. All of the Mer, (Elves, Orcs, Dwarves, Giants), resulted from early genetic tampering from specific factions who were in favor of such alteration, either to be better adapted to space travel, or better adapted to a new world, but either way, the factions diverged. In time, the truth of origins became lost in myth, but not before the initial pioneers of the new world seeded Earth-native species into the environment, such as bears, wolves, etc. The Argonians and Kahjiit also descend from the humans of Earth, yet represented the far fringes of ideology in genetic manipulation. Speciation would've occurred within the first several generations. Eventually, the Dwemer would rediscover some of the old-Earth science, and through a revolutionary theory of quantum entanglement, would end up... somewhere else, nobody knows where. Or when.

Many thousands of years have passed since the initial colonization. What we've come to think of as magic, is actually a harnessing of ancient technology, long forgotten, but once commonplace. Even the long dead walk because of it. This nano-technology, which the current inhabitants of Nirn couldn't possible comprehend, permeates the genome of every humanoid form, and has been cleverly weaved into the myths and lore of the land.

Mithro'I

So, I've been playing Skyrim for about 150ish hours now. You might say I'm still pretty much a noob, and I'd agree. Until today I had never seen a dragon attack a major (walled) city. I've been surprised by them EVERYWHERE, but not in the major cities. So in my noobishness I assumed that walled cities are something like a safe haven for low level characters orso (despite the vampire attacks and thugs that might show up - derp).

After 150 hrs I saw not one, not two, but THREE frost dragons land at the Solitude market within ~3 RL hrs to feast on the poor people of the Capitol.

Lucky for them, the Dovahkiin is always ready.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts