• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Lmfao, why don't you make some jewelery with that stuff house?

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
He is a really neat character. I'll run up, and there are times when, even now, he'll say something I haven't heard yet.

"Dragons were never gone. They were just invisible, and very very quiet." No kidding, M'aiq? Funny stuff.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
It would take some time, but with patience and a soupcon of ingenuity, one could make your dwelling look like a dragon's horde of treasure, with all those gems. You'd have to drop them individually, sprinkle on some gold, potions, various ingots, and the odd enchanted weapon. It'd make the interior of the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon seem like cheap skooma den by comparison. Or... transmute, make jewelry, enchant jewelry, barter with jewelry, gaining levels in alteration, smithing, enchanting, and speech, while getting rich(er).

What should I do with my 564 amethysts, and 760 garnets?

Well there are actually a few things you could do with them. First sell as many as you can. Then with the coin you get buy a bunch of gold and silver ore. Then go to town, make a whole bunch of rings and necklaces with 'em. Sell them or practice enchanting with them. Rinse and repeat. :)
If you have the Dragonborn DLC, you can use some of them to make those spiders at the forge in Solstheim. Not sure what type they'd make exactly, but it would be a good way of doing something with them.
Other than that (which I myself am doing :D), not sure. Try reverse Pickpocketing them into people's pockets. Spread the wealth and have fun. Practice using Telekinesis with them. :p Idk be creative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HouseHosted

I tried doing something similar, Kohlar. I tried littering Vlindrel Hall with Doors of Oblivion. Unfortunately after dropping around 80 or so the game began to have serious FPS issues. 360 just can't handle it. This was something I was really hoping to do. I do wonder if hundreds of gems render more forgivingly than books... I'll give it a shot.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Is that why my higher level characters get lagged up so much, that there's just so much plops lying around everywhere that's tied to me.. the very gravity of my character compresses time to a noticeable extent...

A strongbox. Put them all in a strongbox, and forget about it. You can use the gems, when the time comes.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
What should I do with my 564 amethysts, and 760 garnets?
Get a WHOLE LOT of Silver and make jewelry? Scatter them around the corpses of your enemies? Give them as tokens of affection to every NPC you run in to? Leave 'em in a chest in your living room? Grind them up and use them as makeup? The options are endless. :)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Is that why my higher level characters get lagged up so much, that there's just so much pl*** lying around everywhere that's tied to me.. the very gravity of my character compresses time to a noticeable extent...

A strongbox. Put them all in a strongbox, and forget about it. You can use the gems, when the time comes.
I agree. By the time I'm level 60 or more, the lag is incredible because I have so much crap laying about. I don't even pick stuff up anymore. Simply can't. I really wish they had a way to dispose of your crap or destroy what you don't want easily (like they did in Oblivion). Maybe have more vendors? More cash? Whatever.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I'm gradually realizing that Enderion, my pure mage/warlock/scholar, is devolving into a near-clone of Septimus Signus.

Pronounced obsession with the Dwemer that can be considered borderline creepy? Check. Pledged mind and soul to Hermaeus Mora, the knower of the unknown? Check. Graciously accepted the usage of said Daedric Lord's artifact? Check. Became Champion of Herma-Mora on Solstheim? Uber check. Odd and arbitrary manner of speech? Getting there.

Poor Enderion's gonna die as an old, balding, incoherent enigma.

Wildroses

I agree. By the time I'm level 60 or more, the lag is incredible because I have so much crap laying about. I don't even pick stuff up anymore. Simply can't. I really wish they had a way to dispose of your crap or destroy what you don't want easily (like they did in Oblivion). Maybe have more vendors? More cash? Whatever.

I usually put it in corpses I know are going to disappear from the game. Bandit attacks at homesteads are good, as are vampire attacks in towns.

One time I decided to grind enchanting and smithing by making enchanted rings which I then dropped into the display case next to my enchanter in Lakeview Manor's home. It ended up being quite impressive, a whole display case of twinkling coloured rings.

HouseHosted

Oh, don't get me started, Kohlar. I could list all of two uses for Telekinesis! Er, well, make that 1 1/2: 1) Attack unsuspecting foes, 1/2) Pull in ammo afterwards for sustained fire indefinitely.

Wildroses

Ooh, I just thought up a third use for telekinesis which I used today! In Pieces of the Past the Razor shards are kept in that elaborate room with tripwires everywhere to pelt you in poison darts. My character happened to know telekinesis as she found the tome in a boss chest. So she stayed where she was and used telekinesis to pull the shards to her.

It would have worked a lot better if that character had had any points invested in magic, so she ended up taking ages inching the shards towards her and regenerating magic and the shards tripped off every single wire there (not that it mattered as she wasn't moving). But it is still a use for the telekinesis spell!

Mighty Pecan Pie

The secret American
I wish I could use telekinesis or teleport :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts