• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Just a random thought, the developers love to pay great attention to detail to the landscape etc, well I wondered if there were any star constellations in the night sky, , , just a thought,

Yes. I'm certain of it. Gazing at the night sky, I can make out clusters of brighter stars, the most obvious is almost straight over head. That particular set of stars must be significant in some way.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
There is something comical about frost atronachs. I've taken to calling it "Hodor" whenever I summon it. I like using them; since my preferred method of destruction is ice, I can cast ice storm right through them. So I have a notion, when recruiting for the Blades, to give all five recruits a staff of frost atronach. One for Serana too, who is my follower. Since I can conjure two of them myself, do the math.. eight?! What would that look like? When a dragon lands, it will be amidst a cluster of stomping Hodors of ice! :beermug:

I think it would be a spectacle to do the same thing with storm atronachs, while using storm call and casting lightning storm.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Kohlar you can only induct 3 blades unless you got some sort of mod, and blades don't exactly hang around with you, just the odd dragon fight.

I know what you're saying though with atronach craziness!

I'll also say that the game can't handle a lot of storm atronachs at once, my games crashed a few times because my allies conjured 6 using staves lol.

Also frost atronachs while tough, are irritating in dungeons due to blocking doors :)

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Kohlar you can only induct 3 blades unless you got some sort of mod, and blades don't exactly hang around with you, just the odd dragon fight.

I know what you're saying though with atronach craziness!

I'll also say that the game can't handle a lot of storm atronachs at once, my games crashed a few times because my allies conjured 6 using staves lol.

Also frost atronachs while tough, are irritating in dungeons due to blocking doors :)
What is this, the Holy Hand-grenade of Antioch? ..one, two, five! Seriously though, for some reason I thought it was five inductees, then while recruiting last night realized t'was three. Still, that's six potential atronachs which would still be a good time. And just for fighting dragons, I'm aware. I imagine having that many followers at once would render any non open-area scenario unnavigable. Especially if they all had atronach staves.

Although, I'm strongly hoping for the next game in the series to allow more followers, so that one could travel as a party. It could work, providing the AI knows enough to stay out of its own way.

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Haha actually you'll be surprised, I have 6 following me, excluding blade recruits, myself, shadowmere.

Tbh its awesome once you get used to their habits and the minor things you have to do to keep them with you. Babysitting but never a dull moment, with every battle full of dialogue.

My guys arent overpowered so they still need to hit dragons alot to take them down. The only issues are dungeon traps, but once again I found a workaround!.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Haha actually you'll be surprised, I have 6 following me, excluding blade recruits, myself, shadowmere.

Tbh its awesome once you get used to their habits and the minor things you have to do to keep them with you. Babysitting but never a dull moment, with every battle full of dialogue.

My guys arent overpowered so they still need to hit dragons alot to take them down. The only issues are dungeon traps, but once again I found a workaround!.
How do you have six? Some form of necromancy? (I'll admit I've yet to even dabble with raising the dead).

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Theres loads of ways to get free followers, most come from quest exploits

Delphine & Esbern tag along during alduins wall
Thonnir - Laid to Rest
Enmon - Heart of Dibella
Brother Verulus - Namira's Ring

So basically you hold the quest, until whenever you want to let them go. Theres more ways aswell.

Theres also more from Necromancy (To be honest its the most fun thing to do in Skyrim)

If I used every single exploit I know, I could glitch possibly 20 followers, thats before I equip every one of them with a staff lol.

But not every one is decent, and some I had to scrap due to wanting to make progress.

HouseHosted

Mundus 9-5, Oblivion weekends
Unfortunately many quest related followers take different "spaces" in their... queue trail... What I mean is: Someone like Brother Verulus will stand farther away from you if you have someone else taking the "two" position. I have no where near as much experience with tag-alongs as Harkin, but from my experience, I can place a few NPCs:

Position #1: Barbus, Thonnir
Position #2: Typical Follower, i.e. Jenassa, Lydia
Position #3: Meeko
Position #4: Brother Verulus
Position #5: Thralls

What this boils down to is, you will have to deal with a very long follower trail. There are a few major drawbacks to having all these positions taken up: The first is that if you do have thralls, they will never be by your side. They will lag behind at such a radical distance that sufficiently takes them entirely out of fights in the open world, or even in larger dungeons. Instead of running up to meet the foe, they'll walk around cautioned, as if they don't know where to go. Yea, they're that far back! Another downside is, cramped spaces become quite unnavigable and inconvenient to go through.

I did run into a rather interesting consequence however. With so many positions taken up, places like the hidden entrance to the Thieves Guild and the Arcanaeum spawn you beyond the stairs. No more pull chain required! And such in the Arcanaeum results in you appearing right next to the librarian. Literally. Unfortunately I found the College to be very upsetting for my 360 with these followers. It would freeze every second transition, no matter what the scenario.

edit: I should also mention, Enmon behaved like a slot #1, though, he wasn't anywhere near as intruding as Barbas or Thonnir. And followers like Cicero I am in the dark about. I know he'll stay up and close; however, I do not know how he adapts with so many others in queue.

Last edited:

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
Unfortunately many quest related followers take different "spaces" in their... queue trail... What I mean is: Someone like Brother Verulus will stand farther away from you if you have someone else taking the "two" position. I have no where near as much experience with tag-alongs as Harkin, but from my experience, I can place a few NPCs:

Position #1: Barbus, Thonnir
Position #2: Typical Follower, i.e. Jenassa, Lydia
Position #3: Meeko
Position #4: Brother Verulus
Position #5: Thralls

What this boils down to is, you will have to deal with a very long follower trail. There are a few major drawbacks to having all these positions taken up: The first is that if you do have thralls, they will never be by your side. They will lag behind at such a radical distance that sufficiently takes them entirely out of fights in the open world, or even in larger dungeons. Instead of running up to meet the foe, they'll walk around cautioned, as if they don't know where to go. Yea, they're that far back! Another downside is, cramped spaces become quite unnavigable and inconvenient to go through.

I did run into a rather interesting consequence however. With so many positions taken up, places like the hidden entrance to the Thieves Guild and the Arcanaeum spawn you beyond the stairs. No more pull chain required! And such in the Arcanaeum results in you appearing right next to the librarian. Literally. Unfortunately I found the College to be very upsetting for my 360 with these followers. It would freeze every second transition, no matter what the scenario.

edit: I should also mention, Enmon behaved like a slot #1, though, he wasn't anywhere near as intruding as Barbas or Thonnir. And followers like Cicero I am in the dark about. I know he'll stay up and close; however, I do not know how he adapts with so many others in queue.

In response to this, I totally agree, I also noticed theres a way to fluctuate speeds of those lagging behind, if you order some of the front queue to wait. The others get a boost to your location - I only found out this recently as I was actually trying to get some of them to stop following me whilst doing something.

The thralls suddenly sped up - but anything above 3 can become a handful, though I'm so used to this, that it doesnt bother me anymore.

The ones lagging behind usually don't enter battle, or they get there quite late, which can be frustrating at times "Wheres my team gone?"

Something to do with the detection sphere, as soon as you see the red dot (your way ahead) your followers halt and "search" for the enemies nearby, unaware that they arent nearby, almost like a reflex.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
What position does an armored troll fall into? One of the last, I imagine. The beasts fall so far behind during travels that they never seem present for a fight. IF present upon sighting an enemy, the armored troll likes to jump up and down throw a tantrum before actually engaging, usually just long enough for the fight to over with. Silly beasts...

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
What position does an armored troll fall into? One of the last, I imagine. The beasts fall so far behind during travels that they never seem present for a fight. IF present upon sighting an enemy, the armored troll likes to jump up and down throw a tantrum before actually engaging, usually just long enough for the fight to over with. Silly beasts...
That's interesting. I've never used an armored troll on any of my playthroughs and it's interesting to know that they behave like normal trolls during combat. That's one thing I've always loved about them, that they do that, which gives me plenty of time to kill them before they can even attack.

LuChao

The Martial artist
I was wondering what do you all think happened to the White Phial item to cause it to crack

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind
I was wondering what do you all think happened to the White Phial item to cause it to crack

Why does this matter? It becomes fixed if you complete the questline, it just cracks when you try to fill it in the dungeon, probably a chemical reaction.

That's like me saying, Why do you think Falmers have huge nostrils?

I know you like debating LuChao but sometimes I think you should play Skyrim more often ^^.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Nothing need matter in the realm of Random Thoughts, Qahnaarin, that's why it's "Random Thoughs," We must feel free to engage in tinvok. Plus, Falmers have huge nostrils to make up for lack of eye sight... everybody knows that! Ears too.

As for the phial, I imagine it was victim to one or more instances of not being handled with care, and I never put any more thought into it than that.

LuChao

The Martial artist

Why does this matter? It becomes fixed if you complete the questline, it just cracks when you try to fill it in the dungeon, probably a chemical reaction.

I know you like debating LuChao but sometimes I think you should play Skyrim more often ^^.
not much a debater just more of a gatherer of thoughts I like hearing other peoples thoughts on things and I play skyrim almost all the time

Harkin

Necromatic Mastermind

not much a debater just more of a gatherer of thoughts I like hearing other peoples thoughts on things and I play skyrim almost all the time

Collector of thoughts! I'm a Collector of Dreams with my Skull of Corruption, you must have the Brainstaff of Creativity!

LuChao

The Martial artist

Collector of thoughts! I'm a Collector of Dreams with my Skull of Corruption, you must have the Brainstaff of Creativity!
take my like for this winning comment ^.^

Twiffle

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts