Random Noob thoughts/questions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
How come you only get two pounds (1Kg) of meat from a deer?
Why do bandit caves have brooms but no torches?
Do we ever age? On a relate dnote: does it make any difference how long it takes to complete quest.

Love the game. My first PFS ever and still adjusting.

my Wow moment. Hiking up the 7000 steps two sheep keep step with me for ever. When I don't kill them, one comes up, licks my hand and then leaves.

Eva

1. Perhaps it's the only meat your character knows how to butcher from the animal? You're out in the wild, it's not as if you can sit there for a couple hours discerning all the different venison steaks to cut out. :p
2. The caves I've ventured into that don't have torches have some other means of light, like candles or lanterns, or even spriggan parts (hagraven lairs, yuck), so I'm not sure there's an answer for you! Each dungeon is completely different- I LOVE this over Oblivion for this reason.
3. You're playing day-to-day... even if you had a character that was level 50+ you'd only have played for maybe a year on "in-game" time, possibly two I suppose, depending on how you play.

I love interacting with the wildlife- my main character has Sneak up to 100, and it's so fun sneaking up to animals only to have them notice you at the last second and look at you... then bolt off in another direction. I think foxes are my favorite, I can come right up behind them and hear them breathing, but if I move after that they notice me and go running, but then pause again.

I can't put in words how fervently I wish there was a "Take Fox" or "Take Chicken" command in the game :D

Dvalin

1. Perhaps it's the only meat your character knows how to butcher from the animal? You're out in the wild, it's not as if you can sit there for a couple hours discerning all the different venison steaks to cut out. :p
2. The caves I've ventured into that don't have torches have some other means of light, like candles or lanterns, or even spriggan parts (hagraven lairs, yuck), so I'm not sure there's an answer for you! Each dungeon is completely different- I LOVE this over Oblivion for this reason.
3. You're playing day-to-day... even if you had a character that was level 50+ you'd only have played for maybe a year on "in-game" time, possibly two I suppose, depending on how you play.

I love interacting with the wildlife- my main character has Sneak up to 100, and it's so fun sneaking up to animals only to have them notice you at the last second and look at you... then bolt off in another direction. I think foxes are my favorite, I can come right up behind them and hear them breathing, but if I move after that they notice me and go running, but then pause again.

I can't put in words how fervently I wish there was a "Take Fox" or "Take Chicken" command in the game :D

Dvalin likes this

Dvalin

Omg.

I want to steal all the chickens and have them in my house(s). I don't care what bounty I would accrue, but for Talos' sake I want pet chickens!

... please!? D:
LOL Don't let 'em catch you with all those chickens. Thinking of the devious name you would get around town. Chickenfeed Scourge struck again!

Eva

LOL Don't let 'em catch you with all those chickens. Thinking of the devious name you would get around town. Chickenfeed Scourge struck again!
Buuuuuut if the chickens are happy why would anybody be so upset!? D:

Besides, my sneak has been at 100 for at least a couple weeks now- surely I can smuggle a chicken or two into my home under my armor.

... Oh, but if there were ducks..........

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
If you cast Fury on animals that have no attacks they will follow you around for the duration of the spell. It works on foxes, chickens and most importantly bunnies. :)
I want to steal all the chickens and have them in my house(s). I don't care what bounty I would accrue, but for Talos' sake I want pet chickens!
I have 2 pet chickens. :D

They are available as one of the upgrades you can get for one of the houses you can buy.

Eva

If you cast Fury on animals that have no attacks they will follow you around for the duration of the spell. It works on foxes, chickens and most importantly bunnies. :)

I have 2 pet chickens. :D

They are available as one of the upgrades you can get for one of the houses you can buy.
I strongly dislike bunnies, but...

Which house and which city are you in that you can has pet chickens!?!?!?

:D

So far I've only become Thane of Whiterun and Riften, and I'm close to becoming Thane of Morthal.

Dvalin

Will they follow you inside while furied? That would be awesome.

Neriad13

Premium Member

If you buy the house in Riften, you can have a chicken wandering around in your yard. As for the foxes...ah well. They are awful cute.

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO

brandon

How come you only get two pounds (1Kg) of meat from a deer?
Why do bandit caves have brooms but no torches?
Do we ever age? On a relate dnote: does it make any difference how long it takes to complete quest.

Love the game. My first PFS ever and still adjusting.

my Wow moment. Hiking up the 7000 steps two sheep keep step with me for ever. When I don't kill them, one comes up, licks my hand and then leaves.
1) i dont know. maybe they wanna sweep the dirt. had a guy in i raq that would sweep the dirt in front of his door every morning. didnt make sense to me thought he was nuts.
2)yes and no. you will age but it will barely take a year in game to beat it. i think it should be a year for each quest. but it doesnt work like that.and no you can stop doing a quest halfway through then come back later and finish.
3) the weight is just for game purposes. but if youve gone hunting you know how hard it is to carry or drag a dead deer to your truck. so they just figured 2 lbs would feed you for a meal.

Mabe

Why are there no female Giants? How do they reproduce?

Imagine that farts that a Giant produces. Eating nothing but Mammoth cheese out of a leather sack that sits in the sun all day. I bet they are silent but it sneaks out durring combat and its just this really warm air that gets in your cloths, in your hair, you can taste it hours later.

Windress

Can I just say that this whole thread has been immensely illuminating to me on the topic of chickens and house ownership in Skyrim! I WILL FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE CUDDLY FOXES MINE!

AllTheThings-becomeathanebuyallthechickens.png

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts