Random lag spike(s)?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Stone

Retired Moderator
Alright so, here's the thing.

Sometimes when I play Skyrim I can play it for ages without lag spikes and I've had a fun game. Other times when I play it, after every 10 minutes or so I get this lag spike that lasts for around 2 minutes.

It's highly frustrating as it happens more than running smoothly. It never used to do this either.

I run on Ultra, shadow details are on low. (because I found that increases FPS futher)

I have 8GB RAM, my processor is a dual-core running at 3.4GHz and I have a Radeon HD 6790.

Any ideas on what's causing the problem? I'm thinking it could be that my graphics card is over-heating, but it shouldn't be the case because this doesn't happen on any other game.

tragik

Premium Member
Stone, one thing you can try if you suspect overheating issues is run a stress test on your CPU/memory/graphics card. If it can handle the stress test then overheating is not your issue. I would also check (if you can) and see what your RAM and CPU are doing during these 2 minute spikes.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts