Random freezing and a commercial to go with it (SOLVED)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I had the most random thing happen to me a few moments ago. I was running along when suddenly my computer just froze and hung, the sound still going. I figured, "Ok, maybe it'll unfreeze." A few seconds ticked by and nothing. I figured, "Oh, well, I can just restart, no biggy."

ctrl+alt+del ....

And I see skyrim is taking a good chunk of memory, which I'm not surprised, I'm running quite a few mods. But what really freaked me out was a COMMERCIAL, started playing. Scrambling I try and go through the tabs on Windows Task manager and NOTHING was causing it. That I could see anyway.

And what was apparently playing was what sounded like a gossip column about celebrities and lip balm as well as injections to the FACE.

I'm like:

o_O DAFUQ?! If this is a way to say my skyrim character looks ugly, you're a bitch!

Did I end up with a virus filled mod or what? I'd HATE to have to reinstall all of them.

If anyone wants my mod list I'll post it. I just did a virus scan and nothing is coming up. Perhaps a screwed up mod?

Tyrania

Look man, as advise:
first of all, go off network then try restarting, if it doesnt work; just unplug the computer and restart..
second, just dnt play while ure online anymore, ik i wouldnt.
third, dude dnt go insane on modding coz it gets very buggy after a while and it overwhelms ur computer, choose a few mods and settle with it.

Dabiene Caristiana

Well then, I might have figured it out.

I have adblock when I'm browsing the web. However when ingame adblock cannot be used. I have a feeling at the time of the crash an ad was playing in the background from opening the ingame browser.

As for the number of mods, I only limit myself to at MAX about 100 mods RUNNING at a time. I think it's not wise to do anything more than that. Even having them installed is complicated enough. Keeping track of what's compatible and what's not.

And erm, thanks... dude. lol :) I'm surprised I got a response at all. Forum hasn't been active in this part of it lately.

Tyrania

of course man, anytime

erook7878

The commercials running is really odd. Were these normal ads that you would see on Youtube or were they all random. It could very be a mod that is trolling you.

Dabiene Caristiana

.. As I've said, it was the steam's ingame browser. It acts as a regular browser but, unlike other browsers that have apps that block ads, it does not allow this. Thus, ads will randomly play in the background. Kind of a silly moment.

Hm... I should edit the thread title as resolved.

Latest posts