Racist things heard in Windhelm

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Now, I'm used to the usual racist crap going on in Windhelm towards the Dunmer and Argonians, but, as I'm playing an Orc, I never expected the following:

"While I do not have a problem with your people as a whole, your stronghold at Narzulbur is an affront to all Nords."

Really? Dude, you just said that to an Orc that is twice your size, wearing full ebony and has a giant hammer.

I wonder if they'll discover his body any time soon. In the meantime, Ulfrich and his cadre can go F*** themselves.

I can't believe I even considered joining them since, as an Orc, we know about oppression.

Any other interesting racist things that have nothing to do with Dunmer or Argonians heard in Windhelm? I nknow I've heard stuff re: Redguards and Altmers on previous playthroughs, but I don't think they were as overt as this one.

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Breton and Redguards by Ulfric's court, Argonians, Khajits, Altmer, Dunmer, Orcs by the civilians and Imperials by everyone in Windhelm. Bascially, the only races which are not harassed / spoken about harshly are Bosmer and the 'true' Nords themselves.

This isn't a surprise as everyone knows how much of douches Ulfric and his people are and this has happened to me also while I was playing as an Orc Berserker. However, I did not kill him or steal from him otherwise Orcs would receive more hate :p. However, I may slightly agree with the statement as when I went to Narzulbur on previous characters, they acted more arrogantly than the other strongholds.

Also, since you said 'wearing full ebony', how was that character able to distinguish you from inside the helm :D? Also, which character was it?

Daelon DuLac

Breton and Redguards by Ulfric's court, Argonians, Khajits, Altmer, Dunmer, Orcs by the civilians and Imperials by everyone in Windhelm. Bascially, the only races which are not harassed / spoken about harshly are Bosmer and the 'true' Nords themselves.

This isn't a surprise as everyone knows how much of douches Ulfric and his people are and this has happened to me also while I was playing as an Orc Berserker. However, I did not kill him or steal from him otherwise Orcs would receive more hate :p. However, I may slightly agree with the statement as when I went to Narzulbur on previous characters, they acted more arrogantly than the other strongholds.

Also, since you said 'wearing full ebony', how was that character able to distinguish you from inside the helm :D? Also, which character was it?
I always wondered about that. How can they even tell. Maybe I have a distinctive smell? Of course, having worn the same armor for months on end and not having bathed, it wouldn't surprise me.

Wildroses

If you're an orc, wearing orcish armour around guards leaves you open to racism not experienced by other races.

"Orcish armour, hmm? Had me a set of that once. Ugly and strong, like those who forged it."

hershangames

I always change my clothes to a more casual attire, so that I look more like a civilian.

And there's tons of racism against Khajits in whindelm.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

I always change my clothes to a more casual attire, so that I look more like a civilian.

And there's tons of racism against Khajits in whindelm.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
There's a ton of racism towards Khajit everywhere, even in Riften. That's one of the reasons I never play a Khajit. The RP is just too difficult.

Maybe next time.

Balomew

I still play a Khajiit despite the racism. Life can be difficult in various ways for any character, and there's just one way: racism in a cold foreign land wrought with civil war.

Daelon DuLac

I still play a Khajiit despite the racism. Life can be difficult in various ways for any character, and there's just one way: racism in a cold foreign land wrought with civil war.
Good for you, but how do you RP it? You are NOT allowed in the cities, period (except Riften "sometimes") and the guards would kill you if you tried. Everybody considers you a thief and liar and probably either a drug dealer or user.

I'd love to know how you RP it. I need a complete RP experience in Skyrim.

Frankly, there isn't a Jarl in any hold that would ever receive a Khajit in their court, ever. It just isn't going to happen. Their housecarl would kill the Khajit before it took 5 steps in the door.

Balomew

This topic has been discussed numerous times. The general consensus in such discussions is that the main character is allowed into Whiterun or other cities because s/he is delivering news from Helgen. However, not every gamer starts off at Helgen thanks to the Live Another Life mod. In that case, I roleplay a Khajiit that is indeed not allowed in any city until she is known throughout the province. It isn't easy nor fun, but it's more realistic than a Dunmer running about Windhelm like s/he runs the place. On a separate note, why would the guards kill you if you tried to enter? They might throw you out, but would that really deserve the death penalty, even in Skyrim? As for courts, you're right - unless the character is particularly adored throughout the province (eg the Dragonborn) then a Khajiit wouldn't be admitted into the city. I've roleplayed a Khajiit here on the Forums, if you'd like to take a look at what she did. It's not a perfect example. Just because it's hard to roleplay a Khajiit doesn't make it impossible.

I've noticed that you seem to often claim that things just aren't possible - "it just isn't going to happen" or "it just doesn't work like that." My personal belief is that nothing is ever concrete like that. The world, especially Nirn, is full to the brim of surprises, miracles, and magic. Things happen gradually and discreetly sometimes, or just under our noses. Sorry, I got a bit off-topic. My point is that I don't believe that quite anything is out-of-bounds. I don't see the world in black and white - it's all grey to me.

Dabiene Caristiana

Your friendly neighborhood weirdo
I find RP'ing as a Khajiit very interesting story wise, in vanilla anyway (no Live Another Life mod). How a Dragonborn turns out to be a Khajiit and thus, the savior of Nirn. Not only would he/she have to face the weight of the world on their shoulders just like a Nord Dragonborn, but also racial scrutiny and hatred, even though they had no control on which body they were born into. How would they succeed? Will they let the racist garbage control them and have it turn into anger?

Will the dragonborn (regardless of race) be so angry with the ungratefulness of the denizens they seek revenge? Will A Khajiit Dragonborn actually help the image of his race by being the savior? Or will it not matter at all?

I've always wondered these questions on the races of Altmer, Khajiit, Dunmer, Bosmer (the underdog/little guy story), Orcs, and Argonians. In my opinion, it makes the journey that much more interesting.

Kattus

There are a few mods that add hidden entrances to cities, or sewers, tunnels and the like. Those could be used by a Khajit to sneak into the city.
Then you can either sneak around in the dark and meet with a few selected people, maybe contacts or whatever you imagine they as.
Or you put on a hood, hide your accent and let no one know you're fluffy.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

Ru;indil

Mage Lord of Skywatch
Good for you, but how do you RP it? You are NOT allowed in the cities, period (except Riften "sometimes") and the guards would kill you if you tried. Everybody considers you a thief and liar and probably either a drug dealer or user.

I'd love to know how you RP it. I need a complete RP experience in Skyrim.

Frankly, there isn't a Jarl in any hold that would ever receive a Khajit in their court, ever. It just isn't going to happen. Their housecarl would kill the Khajit before it took 5 steps in the door.

I always thought Altmer or Argonians receive the most hate but in fact, it's my poor cats :sadface:!

RPing as a Khajit is possible through LAL, though and honestly I'd love to have a mod to kill all those who imposed this law that Khajit can't be allowed in the cities.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts