• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I was thinking about this lately and thought I might make a thread. Do you, if ever, often use your special powers that you get with race you selected? I play an Altmer and I didn't really use it much at the start, but now I'm starting to use the Highborn power to get me out of tricky situations.

For those of you who don't know, the powers are the things that each race starts with and automatically has, but you can only use them once a day. Like the Nords Battle Cry, Bosmer's ability to command animals, etc.

A5ko

Dual-Wielding Dragon Destroyer
I'll save my Berserker Rage for fun whenever I feel like slapping an Ancient Dragon into space. I used it all the time whilst levelling though.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Haha, so do I. I only remember it when I'm losing badly in a fight and I have nothing else to use.

Yep, me too. And scrolls. I always forget about those unless I'm getting smeared across the floor of a dungeon.

"Oh, this scroll of KILL EVERYTHING IN SIGHT might have helped..."

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Yep, me too. And scrolls. I always forget about those unless I'm getting smeared across the floor of a dungeon.

"Oh, this scroll of KILL EVERYTHING IN SIGHT might have helped..."

Literally exactly what I do. Though I sell most of my scrolls.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
yup, i always use my khajiit night vision when I need to kill people in dark places with my bow

Do you actually need it? Sometimes I turn a corner in a dungeon and it seems oddly dark, but if I just stand still for a second, it's like the light equalizes and I can see everything.

andrea

yeah i need it when the enmies are in a dark spot, not me, makes aiming at them really easier.

it sure is more useful than my Nord's battlecry, because there's a shout that do the same exact thing and any race can use shouts

Zelek2

Andrea, quick question. is it correct that there isnt a cool down on night vision?

Doomy

Never used a race power, ever
Never use Scrolls
Never use boosting potions except when crafting
Never use Nightingale specials
Never switch to Deadric arrows
Never even use Wabbajock (only once and it saved my bacon)

Should use them all really, but I forget, too busy doing dualcast Incenerate :sadface:

andrea

you can use it for 60 seconds consecutively, then it stops, but you can start it again just after it goes away, so its pretty much unlimited.
if you need to stop the night vision before the 60 secs are over you can by pressing the powers button again

Zelek2

you can use it for 60 seconds consecutively, then it stops, but you can start it again just after it goes away, so its pretty much unlimited.
if you need to stop the night vision before the 60 secs are over you can by pressing the powers button again

tyvm

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
I've always tried to use my racial abilities as often as possible, but obviously some are more useful than others.

I was surprised how useful the Bosmer Command Animal ability was. I'd be in the middle of a really rough fight with a couple of monsters and then I'd suddenly realise they were beasts - zap, now you're my b*tches.

KayO199X

The racial power i use the most is Khajiit claws.

Bassically your khajiit is better off fighting unarmed for the lower levels. I find this most usefull for mage type khajiits because weapons skills are not a big focus for mages.

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
Berserker Rage for my Orc. Use it a lot and it's proven really effective against some tough baddies. The way around only using it once a day is to just wait 24 hours.

Wraith

Nord: Fear cry - I use this when I need to self heal, I use it on the enemy and heal myself while they run away, by the time they get back I'm ready to rock. Alternatively I use it on one of the enemies if I pull 2 or more to even out the encounter.

Altmer: bonus Magicka regeneration - If the fight turns sideways I pop this to turn the tide being a buff skill means I can switch it on then immediately drop back to the shouts option.

RedGuard: Bonus Stamina regeneration - I took this for the same reason I took the Altmer one, but on my dual wield rogue it's really quite amazing. Dual wield attacks take a ton of stamina and if the enemy makes it through the initial wave, I can pop this to burn them down. I still run into problems on mages though, I hit a x30 backstab, but if that doesnt kill them right away they tend to back away from my dual wield combos causing a lot of them to whiff.

Scrolls though....man I ALWAYS forget about those darn things.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts