• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

El-Lee Zardo

My ps3 died with all my oblivion goodness locked away, after skyrim i will once again play.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DunmerFTW

Oblivion, my first TES game, the world is so bright and cheerful, that's the element I miss most from Oblivion, plus the fact that you actually rise up the ranks in the guilds is also awesomesauce.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
I bought Oblivion a couple of years ago and just couldn't get into it. I didn't really understand how it worked and thought the menus were clunky and difficult to read. I could scarcely believe it was made by the people who made my favourite game ever - Fallout 3 and sold it after 2 days.

When all the Skyrim hype was gaining momentum I was indifferent, but then people on another forum I go on started talking about it and my interest was piqued. Eventually, I bought Skyrim and after Fallout 3 it is by far and away the best game I have ever played. The great thing for me is that after I've done as much as I feel I can on Skyrim I will buy Oblivion with a greater understanding of how to play it, so I've got all new adventure ahead of me.

I realise that the graphics etc will be inferior to Skyrim, but gameplay is of more importance to me in a game and it's for that reason I'm really looking forward to playing Oblivion properly

Niflheimr

I loved really Fallout 3, spent 80 hours on and I didn't finish the main story (Last quest I finished was The American Dream which is close to the end) and I only completed one of the 5 DLCs.
Epic game with epic perks, wish Skyrim had crazy perks like Fallout.

The Barefoot Nord

I need some dragon scale shoes.
Oblivion was my introduction to Bethesda and it led me to the Fallout series and now Skyrim. It will alwys hold a deart place in my gaming memories, but I tried to play it again the other day and it just was NOT Skyrim.

However, I will say two words... Atari 2600. Still alive and kicking and you know you would play Pitfall if you got the chance, right? : )

Lee

Rasta-For-I
Too right!

DovakinDarkElf

Cya oblivion going to miss you as well restarted you on countless times and never let you show me ur true ending :sadface::sadface: .... Maybe someday ill get you checked over R.I.P ..... Runs away crying :L

Nerraw One

Lost in Oblivion since I first tryed to play it. Was my favorite game until now. Still a close second! If I had a PC would still be lost in Oblivion

Desmodus

Funnily enough, I revisited Oblivion for maybe half an hour or so yesterday.
Mainly because of the badass Crusader Armour. I don't care if it's just a straight redo of the one in Oblivion, I just want that armor in Skyrim.

Tor

HEY! I bought Oblivion two days ago, please don't say it's dead!
I can't really see how a offline single player game could "die", I understand what you mean but I would never care if I played the same single player game as thousands of other players or if I was the only player.

I've actually thought about purchasing Oblivion, just to explore the wonderful world of Cyrodiil, I think Skyrim was made with to few COLRS. It's still a cool world but it's making me tired and a bit sad after 6 hours constant play.

BSE

Skyrim was my first TES, but I think I may try Oblivion and Morrowind once Im done with Skyrm (whenever the hell that will be).

Also, it makes me sad when people's excuse for not playing a game is because the graphics are outdated. The game is 5 years old, of course they are. I still have no problem playing FF7, because I think about when the game came out, it was the most amazing looking game I had ever played. It doesnt compare to today, but the gameplay and story are still better than most, if not all, games that have come out since in the same series.

moley25

slayin and searchin!!!!!!!
never played oblivion,i used to play fallout so i thought i would try skyrim,i liked it so this morning i ordered oblivion.

Niflheimr

Playing Oblivion after playing Skyrim, just feels awkward, especially when it comes to fighting and using magic.

Rex Prime

Premium Airtcle Writer
Never played it, it's seems okay, but compared to skyrim....o_O...And...Bandits with Deadric Armor (lol, how they are bandits if they have deadric armor) so i don't think i will play it very soon, until i find out that there is a mod that removes level scaling

Imperio

I think I played Oblivion for about 200 hours, fell in love with the beautiful music, the scenery and the explorability. Finished off my game with about 130,000 coin, and by establishing Rosethorn Hall with a fine array of displays including Daedra artifacts, Varla stones/statues and fine weapons/ armor, will miss you always, Oblivion x :'-)

Imperio

I think I played Oblivion for about 200 hours, fell in love with the beautiful music, the scenery and the explorability. Finished off my game with about 130,000 coin, and by establishing Rosethorn Hall with a fine array of displays including Daedra artifacts, Varla stones/statues and fine weapons/ armor, will miss you always, Oblivion x :'-)

Oh, and I really miss taking on Oblivion gates! in my opinion far more interesting and satisfying than taking on a dragon, with a very satisfying reward of the Sigil Stone <3

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts