• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Nuitari

Dark Luna God of Magic
You can get rid of them easily, basically it means that it will follow you around until it's killed, banished or another creature is summoned (or two others if you have the twin souls perk).

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
They act just like a regular summon, they just last forever. They can die, be replaced with a shorter duration summon (Flaming Familiar is best for this since it has a 6 second duration before it explodes), or another thrall. You can always summon a replacement if you need to.

So if I summon the Storm one, get tired of it and then banish it (or it dies, or I summon another one), I can come back later and summon the Storm one again? Or is it a one time use?

ShadowGambit

No, it is a multiple use.

When you don't want it anymore, just summon a short timer creature and you get rid of it. When you want your storm back, just summon it again.

Awesome, thanks for the answers. I haven't tried it yet but would be surprised at why no one would want to keep it around forever. Let it be a damage sponge while I spend my time doing more important things. Like rooting around the background picking up everything that isn't nailed down.

Adam Warlock

Usually the best reason to dismiss a permanent atronach thrall is because they are blocking your path in tight places or if you want to use other conjuring spells like Dead Thrall , etc.
Frost Atronachs are the worst for jamming passages but Storm can also get stuck.
A bit less powerful than the other two , Flame atronachs have much less of a problem in getting out of your way.
Usually I`ll use Storm when fighting Dragons or multiple enemies in open places like forsworn camps but prefer to conjure a temp Dremora Lord or use Sanguine Rose in most other instances
Potions of Ultimate Magicka are very handy to restore yourself quickly after casting expensive spells like permanent atronach thralls
Giving either a follower or dead thrall an atronach summoning staff may be a better way to go since they will bring up Atronach(s) for fights but you don`t have to deal with them the rest of the time.

One follower with Atronach staff + 2 Dead Thralls each with atronach staffs = a possible 6 fighters for the Dragonborn for any given battle.
If you like to watch big fights , this is much more fun than just having one or two Atronachs following you around all the time

Whoa. I just looked at them... man they cost a ton of Magic to use. Like 500+. I have put all my points into stamina and health. Crap. I only have 220 Magic points.

Adam Warlock

Whoa. I just looked at them... man they cost a ton of Magic to use. Like 500+. I have put all my points into stamina and health. Crap. I only have 220 Magic points.
you need some gear to reduce your conjuration costs. you don`t have to wear them all the time(just when casting your atronach) but it`s handy to have a ring , necklace , chest piece , and/or light helmet or circlet with appropriate enchants to bring the spell cost(s) within range
Potions that temporarily raise your Magicka pool may also be used.
Switch back to your regular gear after casting and you`re good to go

Ahhh... great idea. I guess I will have to try to disenchant some things and make the jewelry. Though with my Fortified Smithing, Enchanting, Alchemy, and Archery gear I am going to resemble a walking costume shop.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
Ever heard of the Restoration potion glitch? It kind off saps the fun out but you can use it for like 14569 magicka or something.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts