Question about Special Edition for PC

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
HI,

This is a rudimentary question but I haven't been able to find a straight answer to it anywhere.

Will the PC Special Edition have improved graphics from the regular PC version? I keep reading that the PS4 and Xbox versions will have better graphics, but will the PC version?

Thanks!

adrian-smith31

Argonian
Pretty much, yeah it will. Although I can see the benefit for the console versions (and I'm all for it) if you are playing on the PC and already have the original game I don't see the point in buying the special edition. With mods you can turn the original game into something that equals or exceeds the re-release. There's plenty of graphics mods, high resolution textures and ENB's that make it look fantastic.

if you are playing on the PC and already have the original game I don't see the point in buying the special edition. With mods you can turn the original game into something that equals or exceeds the re-release. There's plenty of graphics mods, high resolution textures and ENB's that make it look fantastic.

True but I am generally opposed to using any mods if I can at all avoid it, after having had some pretty game breaking experiences with ENBs and other mods over the years it just isn't worth the hassle to me. Hence the appeal of being able to play the game with improved graphics without resorting to mods.

Morgan

My understanding is for PC users, if you have the game and DLCs through Steam (either individually or at once through the Legendary Edition), you get the SE like a patch for free. A lot of the updates sound like they duplicate stuff already done by ENB or other mods, but some of it is new, and even for the duplicates, there's always something to be said for a feature to be built-in instead of added on. I don't think the SE will be revolutionary for the PC player, but I'm still looking forward to it. Even if it's just a minor improvement, if nothing else it'll be an excuse to get back to playing again and hunting for the differences.

:beermug::beermug::beermug:

adrian-smith31

Argonian
My understanding is for PC users, if you have the game and DLCs through Steam (either individually or at once through the Legendary Edition), you get the SE like a patch for free.

I hope that they do that although I think they may go down the route of discounts for owners of the original game. My copy is heavily modded so I think if I installed a patch to make it into the SE version it would break it. I'd definitely have to start over and disable most of my mods.

Mwhals

I believe Skyrim SE will be 64 bit on the PC. That will lead to an improvent in memory access.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

jonathan90

well known member
HI,

This is a rudimentary question but I haven't been able to find a straight answer to it anywhere.

Will the PC Special Edition have improved graphics from the regular PC version? I keep reading that the PS4 and Xbox versions will have better graphics, but will the PC version?

Thanks!

The P.C version may get an update I am not too sure on major improvement for skyrim on P.C .
But the tree's will appear greener light greener and way more improved then on the original version.
The rocks will be less pale and more visible and bright.
But the xbox one and ps4 will vary differently in improved graphics then the p.c updated remastered special edition version.

have you looked at a comparison? because I do not feel the camparisons I see on the you tube may be that accurate in confirming the direct graphics.

The graphics on P.C special edition will have different hexagons improvements then the xbox one or ps4.

The hexagons have been advanced greately. I am happy they have done this for P.C :)

And yes the paleness on the regular skyrim P.C edition will be so much more visible and brighter on special p.c edition .

Sah

this one would hope that the graphics are at least ENB quality & solve all the problems that come with it (memory, crashing ext)

but that's not the reason for this post, .......... its about MODS

regardless of what happens and what Bethesda gives us, like it or not there will be a mod released the very next day .......OK maybe not the very next day but give it a week and we will have NEW mods & patches & fixes.

the thing is.........this is a clean slate for moders .........64bits & a newly re-textured standalone game.........Christmas has come early for moders especially that now the X Box One market is available.

at the end of the day Bethesda will provide us with a game full of bugs and all the good stuff they promised, but its the moders that will change the way its played forever

the Remastered version has to be a stepping stone towards NUMBER 6 and Bethesda will be under the microscope by all its fans in October

this one hopes & has faith but the day of truth is not far away

LOAD GAME
DO MASSIVE UPDATE
START NEW GAME

will it be "what the [self censored] rip off " or "WOW this is [self censored] very good!!:yay:

jonathan90

well known member
HI,

Thanks!

The P.C version may have an update download to adjust to the new graphics.
but for console users they have to buy the next gen game skyrim remastered.

Hope that helps ;)

Mwhals

Hope that helps ;)
The PC version Skyrim SE is not an update to the existing version. It is a complete 64 bit version that will not overwrite the previous version. You can have both versions installed at the same time.

Sah

Hope that helps ;)
The PC version Skyrim SE is not an update to the existing version. It is a complete 64 bit version that will not overwrite the previous version. You can have both versions installed at the same time.

what Mwhals said :cool:.............is that you Zero Dragon?:bluedragon:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts