Question about dual-wielding two different weapons

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hollister

How would you bind this easily? I favorite them, then bind them but if i try to equip them it keeps replacing my main hand and i dont get to dual wield.

Timett

o_O
On PS3 I just favourite them, open the favourites list, and pull the respective trigger (attack buttons) for Left and Right hands over the weapons I desire in each hand.

Onyx

If they are the same weapon, when you use the fav menu (on PS3 it is the UP Arrow) the weapons will be bunched (i.e Steel Sword (2) ). You then assign them to reach hand, so when in the menu and the swords are highlighted press the Right Hand Attack (R1 on PS3) to equip one wep there and then press Left Hand Attack (L1 on PS3) to assign that wep to left hand. You can do this if the 1h weps are different as well, just press the hand you want to assign it to's attack button. If you press X (on PS3, use button otherwise) then I think it defaults to the Right Hand for weapons.

To summarise
Equip 1H in Right Hand = Right Hand Attack (R1 on PS3)
Equip 1H in Left Hand = Left Hand Attack (L1 on PS3)

Note: Same with spells as well.

Hope this helps

Hollister

Yeah I can equip 2 of the same weapons but not if they are differently named? For example i would want to dual wield orcish and dwarven

Onyx

Yeah I can equip 2 of the same weapons but not if they are differently named? For example i would want to dual wield orcish and dwarven

You should be able to (as I have seen Dark Brotherhood assasins after me with 1h Sword and Dagger).
When in Fav menu scroll to first wep so it is highlighted (say Orcish wep) and press right hand attack. then scroll down to Dwarven wep and then press left hand attack. Exit the menu and viola should have both equiped.

You should also be able to do this in the main inventory screen as well but obviously it is quicker and more convinient in Fav menu.

let me know if this does the trick

Note: Not sure but maybe some weps are hand specific? Not sure so if not try switching, for instead of Orc in Rh and Dwarven in Lh try reverse, so Dwarven in Rh and Orc in Lh. Not sure if some weps are hand specific but if it don't work worth a try.

Hollister

yeah but the problem is im not able to bind them say i bind orcish in 1, and the dwarven in 2, after if i press 1 and then 2 it just replaces my previous weapon instead of dual wielding it. Was I able to explain?

Onyx

Are you using PC or Console?

Afraid I only know how it works on the PS3. You should be able to bind either in Fav Menu or Inventory the weapons to each hand.

If you have found the weapons to a number key (on PC) then I assume since only 1 wep is bount it will only replace the Rh weapon.

Have you tried what I suggested, Binding one to each hand in the Favorite Menu or via Inventory Screen? Once done just unsheathe your weapon then they should both be assigned.

I think if you have bound a weapon to a key this is the cause of the problem as you can only bind a single weapon. So try using the favorite menu and let me know if that works?

Hollister

how do you bind them to each hand if i equip to R and then favorite it it still wouldnt dual wield

Edit:nevermind man got it working thanks a bunch

Onyx

You have to assign the other weapon in favorite to Left (by highlighting in the Favortie menu and pressing left attack buttom - L1 on PS3, Left Mouse on PC maybe?).

For me when I open Favorite menu (after assigning both weapons to favorite in the inventory screen) it looks like this when un-assigned.

Minor Health Potion (11)
Flame
Orcish Mace -> (Assign this to RH by pressing Right hand attack when highlighted)
Spark
Dwaren Axe -> (Assign this to LH by pressing Left Hand attack when highlighted).

if done currectly it should look something like this

Minor Health Potion (11)
Flame
Orcish Mace - R (Says R1 for me)
Spark
Dwaren Axe -> L (Says L1 for me)

Then you just sheeth/unsheet (by pressing the attack button when out in the world) to bring them out like normal.

For PS3 if you want to use something else in one of the hands then you have to repeat the process for that item (like equiping a spell etc).

Does this help at all?

If you are using PC and binding each wep to a specific key afraid I cannot help as this option is not avail on PS3 but if you try doing this via the Favorite menu as specified above should work.

TheItch

How would you bind this easily? I favorite them, then bind them but if i try to equip them it keeps replacing my main hand and i dont get to dual wield.
Yeah I totally know what your saying. The pc version what happens is when you would usually want to equip an item from the favorites its goes off what hand that item would go in. spells and shields are left handed and 1 handed weapons are strictly right handed unless you go in the favorites menu or item menu and specifically press the left mouse button to override that. WHICH IS ANNOOYYING.

so lets say you have 1 favorited as a mace and 2 favorited as a knife. instead of just being able to press 1 and then 2 so you have both hands filled with your mace and knife which would be the way you think it would be it just overrides it with the knife even if your other hand is free. which means every time you fill that shield hand with something other than the weapon you had in that hand before you gotta go back into the menu during a pause waste yes a few extra seconds to select it for your left hand but if your switching out staves and weapons alot its frikin annoying.

anyhow im waiting for them to bust out the kit so that mods can fix for free again another problem for the rest of the community.

blarrrr

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts