Xbox 360 Quest Priority and Seeking Opinions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fedpol2

Greetings! Getting ready to start a new character. Apologies if this question has been asked before. Which, if any, quests should be given immediate attention? I have a few thoughts in mind and just want to bounce them off you for your input. My first time through I went the Stormcloak route and went after pretty much everything. I've got over 500 hours, 410 locations discovered and aside from the occasional radiant quest here and there I think I have done just about all I can. Thoroughly enjoyed the game to say the least.

Anyway my plan this time is to go the Imperial route from the start and try to RP the character more. I want to avoid the main questline and dragons for awhile. After escaping Helgen my character is just going to be lost. Maybe not the most original idea but he has no idea about why he was nearly executed or his past. Ultimately he makes his way to Falkreath and this is where I plan on working towards getting LVM as early on as I can (not interested in obtaining any other property this time). Since Falkreath is aligned with the Empire at the start of the game this will ultimately influence him towards fighting for the Empire. Thinking Battlemage or Spellsword and plan on remaining true to whatever choice I make. After Helgen he's witnessed enough indiscriminate violence at that point so his moral compass is going to be pointing toward "good" generally speaking. He's going to live, eat and sleep at Dead Man's Drink and learn all he can from Lod about being a blacksmith. Once LVM is finished I imagine some event, whether an actual in game situation or something I make up, will drive him toward following Hadvar's advice and joining the Legion.

With all that in mind is/are there certain questlines I need to hit early on to avoid problems? My only concern right now with this plan regards the Dawnguard DLC and potential vampire attacks. Any real worries there? I don't want to lose Lod because I know I need him. I know this was a little long so thanks for reading and for any advice/recommendations you might have. Thanks!

Chadonraz

Well, vampire attacks should be easily avoided. Just make sure you're not outside in Falkreath (or any other settlement, for that matter) between 9pm - 5am.
The last time I did the DG questline, my character was at level 40+ when she started it. Not a single vampire attack occurred in settlements in her game, because I made sure to avoid towns during those hours.

Your plan sounds good to me. Keep in mind, though, that you can't complete the Civil War questline without doing "Dragon Rising" - at least that's what UESP (minor spoiler: this) says. But you may have known that already. :)

Fedpol2

Well, vampire attacks should be easily avoided. Just make sure you're not outside in Falkreath (or any other settlement, for that matter) between 9pm - 5am.
The last time I did the DG questline, my character was at level 40+ when she started it. Not a single vampire attack occurred in settlements in her game, because I made sure to avoid towns during those hours.

Your plan sounds good to me. Keep in mind, though, that you can't complete the Civil War questline without doing "Dragon Rising" - at least that's what UESP (minor spoiler: this) says. But you may have known that already. :)

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately I became very familiar with uesp.net and the Skyrim wiki due to several glitches/bugs I encountered during my first game. I'm looking forward to it again as I can't recall the Civil War questline and in particular Season Unending really all that much. Season Unending especially. Thanks again!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts