• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Argurotoxus

A few options here, really.

Option 1) Level enchanting and smithing together by smthing iron daggers and enchanting them. Preferably with Banish or Absorb Health, as these will jump the value of each dagger to the thousands and this way you can make money. Protip: If you get speechcraft to 50, you can sell anything to any merchant, so this way you could do things like train your destruction magic up at the college or buy new spells, then sell the iron daggers to the merchant with his/her newfound money you just gave them.

Once you have these leveled sufficiently, you can smith yourself some nice glass/ebony/daedric/dragon armor, depending on what you want, and enchant these with all the perks you would've had on your mage robes. Don't forget to enchant some smithing gear, then wear your gear while you enhance your new armor to Legendary! Protip2: Get the Steed Stone while you're training your Heavy/Light armor skill, that way your new armor weighs nothing while it's on you.

Option 2: Make sure you are not wearing ANY light or heavy armor. Get the Stone/Ebonyflesh spell. Get the alteration perk that increases the effectiveness of these spells, make sure you constantly have these on. Even better, get Alteration Magic to 100 and then get the Dragonhide spell to reduce 80% physical damage. Protip3: If you'd rather grind your skills as opposed to allowing them to scale with you (I personally don't recommend it, makes the game less fun) then if you use the alteration spell Telekinesis you will level Alteration scary quickly. If you have the ability, enchanting armor to get a 100% reduction in magicka cost for Alteration can probably go from level 1 alteration magic to 100 in an hour by this method. Again, I don't recommend it, but the idea's there.

Option 3: Increase your health instead of magicka via enchantments or strictly leveling up. The only reason I'm honestly posting these is because I said a few options and then only thought of two.

There're likely other ways, but I can't think of them. Have fun! Pure mage rocks!

demujin

I think it would be great if you could throw any item. They might not all be effective, but it would be realistic. It might take a lot of programming to implement, but it would be cool. You would have to assign a set of values to each item in the game or perhaps an algorithm to determine flight path and damage. I could think of many reasons to NOT add this feature to the game. But it would make a really cool mod. All out of daggers to throw? take off your helmet and toss it at the enemy! Or throw your shield like a disc, decapitate the guy. Or for fun, see how many cheese wedges it takes to kill a bandit.

Argurotoxus

Ah! I forgot to do it! Hold on, let me give this a run lol.

Ok so, it definitely works. You can pick an item up with Telekinesis, throw it at somebody, and it'll hurt them.

However you'll do almost no damage lol. I was throwing at a random NPC without armor and it barely scratched him. I tried multiple items, none seemed to do any more damage than others, though maybe heavier items would hit harder? Not sure. I did try an iron dagger, an iron shield, and an ebony sword and all three largely failed.

Not only that, but it's super hard to do. I've ~600 magicka and it took nearly all of it to pick up an item from afar, aim, and throw. Plus I missed a few times like you would with arrows.

To top it all off, if the item hits something on its way over to you it can just drop. Lame! Basically, this isn't a plausible way to deal damage.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts