• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LeAmericain

In Fear and Faith
So for my next character, Im wanting to do a pure conjurer/necromancer because I think itll be very interesting. By pure I mean no actual weapons whatsoever, no armor just robes and such, and basically using only the conjuration school with maybe some minor illusion and restoration. What would be a good build for this?

Dvalin

So for my next character, Im wanting to do a pure conjurer/necromancer because I think itll be very interesting. By pure I mean no actual weapons whatsoever, no armor just robes and such, and basically using only the conjuration school with maybe some minor illusion and restoration. What would be a good build for this?
By minor illusion,..what are you going for? Silent spells or crowd control?

Dvalin

Here is something I think would work. If you're serious about the no armor I'm going to recommed that you take some perks in altoration as you will most likely need the mage armor perks there. Here's the build that I think you're going for and it should be pretty solid with the bound sword and bow. Sorry if I mucked up the Illusion.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#63133

LeAmericain

In Fear and Faith
Here is something I think would work. If you're serious about the no armor I'm going to recommed that you take some perks in altoration as you will most likely need the mage armor perks there. Here's the build that I think you're going for and it should be pretty solid with the bound sword and bow. Sorry if I mucked up the Illusion.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#63133
Lol does archery and one handed affect Bound weapons? Otherwise those skill points are useless because im using NO actual weapons

Dvalin

Yes, they do. Archery and 1 handed perks stack with bound weapons, as well as the bound weapons do more damage perk.

Dvalin

I also assumed you would be using summoned creatures, but if your focus is soley on bound weapons then you can save 3 perks and put them somewhere more to your liking. I just like zombies ;)

LeAmericain

In Fear and Faith
I also assumed you would be using summoned creatures, but if your focus is soley on bound weapons then you can save 3 perks and put them somewhere more to your liking. I just like zombies ;)
Actually I want to have a mix. It would be pretty cool to have some atronachs assaulting some bandits while i shoot with a bow

Dvalin

If your focus is on atronachs then go ahead and move thos perks up the center over to the left, it'll cost an extra perk but worth it for buffed conjured pals.

Iceman_mat

This is actually how I have played my character so hopefully a can help with a few tips.

First thing to remember that because you are crazy good at summoning you are crazy bad at taking damage. At the beginning to have enough mana to summon stuff I had to go a lot into mana when leveling, this lead to a bear being able to one shot me, so my advice....learn to dodge.

the following tips I have are

1) Get the flame atronach - This summon will be very helpful whilst leveling until you get the stronger ones usually used later (e.g Frost and demon lord). (Note: you can do Necromancy and raise corpses, I did the atronach path)

2) Do the mage guild quest line - The robe, mask and necklace from this questline will help a lot with mana regen

3) Get lydia - Easy to do (Thane of Whitetun, I think first dragon fought). Though she becomes weaker later on, if you give her all of the weapons and armor you find she does ok until you reach later levels.

4) Learn restoration - You'll need it. You will pretty much play mainly like a preist. Your follower will be like your shield and your summon your weapon.

5) Find Become Ethereal shout - I don't know about other people but I found this shout very viable. Think of it as being similar to a rouges stealth from WoW (ah i'm dieing - BAM, they can see you but no dmg done, plus stamina doesn't drain....got kite?)

6) Put two perks into archery to get zoom shot - Just a good idea

7) You are not a tank - Glass cannon with sparkles.

Hope these help and remember, your power is bringing powerful beings into existance to help you, kinda like a warlock. If a Warlock / Necromancer (depending how you want to go), weapons master and elementals had a three way baby.....it would be you.

-Cheers
Edit: Note added

A viable build: I am now playing a pure conjurer. My first kinda grew like Topsy with enchantments and dragonscale armor and a silly little scarf. I'm on my second playthrough now - older and wiser.

So far I've gone through the whole college quest line to completion without ever dying or even using a potion - at level 21. No purchased or crafted or summoned weapons or armor or equipment. The only time I consciously looked for gold was my first trip through Riverrun when I chopped wood for a couple of hours.

The build:

Breton for 25% magic resistance.
Conjuration: 100, left branch to the top, right to Expert. 8 perks.
Illusion: 50, right branch to Quiet Casting. 4 perks.
Magicka: 220.
Archmage robes for 50 magicka, 100% regen. Morekai for 100% regen and Aren's amulet for 50 magicka.

That's as far as I intend to go the whole game. I will add the Lord Stone and Blessing of Mara for 40% more magic resistance at some point.

You only need armor when they hit you. They only hit you when you are the main source of damage. Don't hit 'em. So far, two Dremora Lords have taken down anything I've encountered in less than 5 seconds. Coming to a room? Drop 2 Lords in and listen to the crockey break. If your Lords go down summon a couple more.

Only purchases - spells. No need for gold so you can forget about inventory management and waiting on vendors. Loot for keys only. I use the locksmith cheat mod - silly assed immersion breaker that is no fun whatsoever.

Don't level!! You get 10 hit points, an unneeded perk and your foes get tougher. Your Lords don't.

I'm just a tourist now, watching the show.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts