Psiberzerker's Build Clinic

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
An hour in game play, travel, or.....? I ask because I haven't completed the game yet.
So, if I am reading this correctly, HA is a better choice for the spellcaster in the beginning...... Enchanting the HA is a better choice than hoping for Magical LA, never pass on good robes, and leather boots make you quieter....
Basically, you don't want to weigh yourself down with Armor, because you don't have the defensive damage dealing to slug it out with a bunch of guys. Heavy Armor is better with Robes, because you get the minimal defence, and Magick assisting enchantment. With a Dragon Preist Mask, you don't have to Craft, but if you do, you can fill in more slots in the accessories.

With Light Armor, you pretty much have to wear the full suit, or Craft to get all you want out of it with Magic. There's also random loot, and if you know how to play the radient system, you can eventually get it to kick down Elven Armor of Alteration, or Magicka, but you can't depend on it in your Build Strategy. If you go LA, you might eventually start Smithing, and then Enchanting if you stick with it that long. If you start out crafting, and grind both up to 100, LA is actually better than heavy taking all the variable into account.

I don't generally suggest micing, and matching Light/Heavy, it can be done, but you have to level the other skills a lot more efficiently. If you're trying to get all of them (For 80 Perk/Stat points to spend) then do Light first, then craft for Heavy.

Hi Psiberzerker
I hope you can help me develop a build:
I thought about an archer who keeps as many distance as he can from his enemies with the help of poisons (paralysis, slow, fear and etc.) and some stealth.
The key perks I thought about are Eagle Eye, Ranger, Power Shot, Poisoner and (not sure but) Assassin's Blade(?)
I have only the base of the build but I still need some help with the perks and strategies.

Thanks anyway

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Basically, you don't want to weigh yourself down with Armor, because you don't have the defensive damage dealing to slug it out with a bunch of guys. Heavy Armor is better with Robes, because you get the minimal defence, and Magick assisting enchantment. With a Dragon Preist Mask, you don't have to Craft, but if you do, you can fill in more slots in the accessories.

With Light Armor, you pretty much have to wear the full suit, or Craft to get all you want out of it with Magic. There's also random loot, and if you know how to play the radient system, you can eventually get it to kick down Elven Armor of Alteration, or Magicka, but you can't depend on it in your Build Strategy. If you go LA, you might eventually start Smithing, and then Enchanting if you stick with it that long. If you start out crafting, and grind both up to 100, LA is actually better than heavy taking all the variable into account.

I don't generally suggest micing, and matching Light/Heavy, it can be done, but you have to level the other skills a lot more efficiently. If you're trying to get all of them (For 80 Perk/Stat points to spend) then do Light first, then craft for Heavy.

Once again, a wealth of information. Thank you.:beermug:

Joker

Hi Psiberzerker
I thought about an archer who keeps as many distance as he can from his enemies with the help of poisons (paralysis, slow, fear and etc.) and some stealth.
The key perks I thought about are Eagle Eye, Ranger, Power Shot, Poisoner and (not sure but) Assassin's Blade(?)
I have only the base of the build but I still need some help with the perks and strategies.

Thanks anyway

Here is a guide for your skills that Psiberzerker gave me for an archer. I hope this helps. Keep in mind that this is only a beginning build, and that you don't have to follow it exactly, as Psiberzerker keeps telling me. The perks you reference are all in the Archery tree, so don't focus entirely on that one.

Make sure you can hold your own in close combat, as you will have to be able to defend up close at times. That would be the points in 1-Handed (1H), Block, & Light Armor(LA). Conjuration is also an awesome skill, Bound Sword weighs nothing, and damage levels go up as you get better in 1H. Same for Bound Bow. Those two bound weapons will up your levels in both 1H/Archery as well as Conjuration, which in turn will open more of those trees when you level up.

Take a look at this Perk Calculator, http://skyrimcalculator.com/#271504, and modify it to fit your play style. How you play an Archer is going to be different than how I would play one, more than likely. Same for the others in this thread. We will all play differently, so take this as a guide, and modify it to your style. You may find that my style closely matches yours, and this is a great start.

Hi Psiberzerker
Alchemy/Archery is a powerful combo. Assassin's Blade just means you have to sneak across the room to proc the bonus. You're an Archer, stupid, shoot him. Need more damage, add poison. My particular favorite is Paralysis, and Lingering Damage, because it does more than Damage/Ravage Health, and they're incapacitated until it kills them.

Just a splash of Sneak, Silence, and all that is only really needed to get you into Backstab reach. Sneaking to within Range can be done in Heavy Armor, though I wouldn't suggest it. A little 1 (or 2, pretty much the same tree) Handed so you aren't defenseless in a close fight, but I'd go Sword instead of Dagger. The former can be crafted up to high DPS, but hav sucky reach, and very low Stagger chance. You want to hit-em, and run with some Stagger. to leave you a better opening. I like the Blades Sword for the best Reach, and decent damage.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#279175 You might want to Smith late game if your damage starts to plateau. Early game, go with Foresworn Bows, and improve their armor for training. You can take it all the way to Daedric, but IME, it's not worth the extra grind for a few more damage. Ebony is about optimal, a hell of a lot easier to get, (Lost Valkygg, guaranteed) and doesn't require Daedra Hearts. Also, I think it looks more like a bow that would actually be able to shoot. If you get into Enchanting, Cold damage also Slows, so you don't have to waste poisons on it. Also, Absorb Health is always nice. I usually pick up the Gauldur Blackow (Leveled0 for antimage, and it's kind of hard to do better than the Nightingale (Also Leveled.)

For Armor, I highly recomend the Gauntlets of the Old Gods, and either the Ancient Shrouded Cowl, or Liwe's hood since you're probably not going to be Enchanting your own. I usually go with The Saviour's Hide just to match. Armor is a lower priority, since you'll be avoiding the Melee, and can Sneak to kill without combat. That's why I went Heavy Smithing, because you'll get more use out of Damage than Defense. Also, go to Windhelm, and get The White Phial. If you have a potion/poison that requires hard to get ingredients, then you only have to make it once, then you get a free daily dose. Only one Jarrin Root in the game? Get 1 OP poison per day from your magic Phial. I usually mix the most powerful Invisibility/Regeneration potion I can for a handy exit strategy. (Vampire Dust, Luna Moth Wing, and whatever else you want to add.)

Joker, I made those builds custom for you, based on what I was able to glean from your Posts. Nightingale-Assassin was talking about Archery, and Alchemy, not Archery, and Conjuration, which are actually 2 vastly different build strategies. Also, you're a lot more of a Newb to this game, which I worked into your builds. (There was some Player training in there too.) I'm not mad, and anyone can give advice on this thread, but you might want to get a little more Building experience under your belt before giving any, especially mine.

Joker

Joker, I made those builds custom for you, based on what I was able to glean from your Posts. Nightingale-Assassin was talking about Archery, and Alchemy, not Archery, and Conjuration, which are actually 2 vastly different build strategies. Also, you're a lot more of a Newb to this game, which I worked into your builds. (There was some Player training in there too.) I'm not mad, and anyone can give advice on this thread, but you might want to get a little more Building experience under your belt before giving any, especially mine.

All I was trying to do was share what you did for me, as a guide. I know I am far from someone to be building for anyone. That is why my last paragraph read:

Take a look at this Perk Calculator, http://skyrimcalculator.com/#271504, and modify it to fit your play style. How you play an Archer is going to be different than how I would play one, more than likely. Same for the others in this thread. We will all play differently, so take this as a guide, and modify it to your style. You may find that my style closely matches yours, and this is a great start.

All I did was go back in this thread, to a place where that person might not have known that I had asked, and tried to help. I will refrain from doing so in the future.

All I was trying to do was share what you did for me, as a guide. I know I am far from someone to be building for anyone. That is why my last paragraph read:

All I did was go back in this thread, to a place where that person might not have known that I had asked, and tried to help. I will refrain from doing so in the future.
Like I said, I'm not mad, and if you think you can help, don't let me stop you. However, that's just a bad answer to his question, because there's no Alchemy in that build. It's complicated, so I'm not going into all the variables that mess up the synergy, but for one, Alchemy means he doesn't need Magicka at all, so he can invest in Health instead.

Alchemy/Archery is a powerful combo. Assassin's Blade just means you have to sneak across the room to proc the bonus. You're an Archer, stupid, shoot him. Need more damage, add poison. My particular favorite is Paralysis, and Lingering Damage, because it does more than Damage/Ravage Health, and they're incapacitated until it kills them.

Just a splash of Sneak, Silence, and all that is only really needed to get you into Backstab reach. Sneaking to within Range can be done in Heavy Armor, though I wouldn't suggest it. A little 1 (or 2, pretty much the same tree) Handed so you aren't defenseless in a close fight, but I'd go Sword instead of Dagger. The former can be crafted up to high DPS, but hav sucky reach, and very low Stagger chance. You want to hit-em, and run with some Stagger. to leave you a better opening. I like the Blades Sword for the best Reach, and decent damage.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/#279175 You might want to Smith late game if your damage starts to plateau. Early game, go with Foresworn Bows, and improve their armor for training. You can take it all the way to Daedric, but IME, it's not worth the extra grind for a few more damage. Ebony is about optimal, a hell of a lot easier to get, (Lost Valkygg, guaranteed) and doesn't require Daedra Hearts. Also, I think it looks more like a bow that would actually be able to shoot. If you get into Enchanting, Cold damage also Slows, so you don't have to waste poisons on it. Also, Absorb Health is always nice. I usually pick up the Gauldur Blackow (Leveled0 for antimage, and it's kind of hard to do better than the Nightingale (Also Leveled.)

For Armor, I highly recomend the Gauntlets of the Old Gods, and either the Ancient Shrouded Cowl, or Liwe's hood since you're probably not going to be Enchanting your own. I usually go with The Saviour's Hide just to match. Armor is a lower priority, since you'll be avoiding the Melee, and can Sneak to kill without combat. That's why I went Heavy Smithing, because you'll get more use out of Damage than Defense. Also, go to Windhelm, and get The White Phial. If you have a potion/poison that requires hard to get ingredients, then you only have to make it once, then you get a free daily dose. Only one Jarrin Root in the game? Get 1 OP poison per day from your magic Phial. I usually mix the most powerful Invisibility/Regeneration potion I can for a handy exit strategy. (Vampire Dust, Luna Moth Wing, and whatever else you want to add.)

Thanks a lot! :)
Are the OH perks essential? becuase if I have 5\5 in Armsman it doesn't really matter if I use the bow or the sword.
And doesn't the White Phial work only with specific potions?
And another question if I may ask, Y U less active at Neoseeker? :sadface:

Thanks a lot! :)
Are the OH perks essential? becuase if I have 5\5 in Armsman it doesn't really matter if I use the bow or the sword.
And doesn't the White Phial work only with specific potions?
And another question if I may ask, Y U less active at Neoseeker? :sadface:
The entire 1H skill is Optional, but nice for an Archer. I usually do 2H, or Block for various reasons, but unless you are a supreme archer player, you will get rushed, and surrounded at some point. It's a good idea to have a backup for those instances. As far as Damage, yes a sword will out perform the Bow (All else being equal) but only up close, Where you don't have the Armor to slug it out outnumbered. As long as you don't Tank up, you'll still be an Archer, not a Tank. You're right, it only does one of several effects. I've been less active here, and pretty much given up on Neoseeker.

Joker

Like I said, I'm not mad, and if you think you can help, don't let me stop you. However, that's just a bad answer to his question, because there's no Alchemy in that build. It's complicated, so I'm not going into all the variables that mess up the synergy, but for one, Alchemy means he doesn't need Magicka at all, so he can invest in Health instead.

Roger that.

Fuzer

Hey psi!

I want to build an AntiUndead Paladin [Restoration-Illusionist-Heavy Armor] as main skills, and two handed. Any suggestion to make a viable and fun paladin?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 2

Hey psi!

I want to build an AntiUndead Paladin [Restoration-Illusionist-Heavy Armor] as main skills, and two handed. Any suggestion to make a viable and fun paladin?
Well, I'd probably go with 1H for the ultimate anti-undead weapon in the game. Just sayin' is all. It also allows you to have Magic, and a Weapon out at the same time, but if your heart is set, Flame Cloak: Absolutely rocks with a battleaxe (I like the Drainblood) and Draugr HATE it. I don't really see how Illusion fits in here.

Fuzer

What weapon is that? If there is a good AntiUndead weapon why should I use spells then? I'm curious!

I want to be an AntiUndead paladin with buff abilites, using Call to Arms for that, and Pacify and Mayhem spells for controlling encounters.

What weapon is that? If there is a good AntiUndead weapon why should I use spells then? I'm curious!

I want to be an AntiUndead paladin with buff abilites, using Call to Arms for that, and Pacify and Mayhem spells for controlling encounters.
Get up to level 20, keep an eye out for Meridia's beacon, follow directions... After that 1 Quest, I went, and systematically wiped out all Draugr in Skyrim. (You have to join every faction for complete access.) it's 1 Handed.

The way I see the classic Paladin in Skyrim is you need a Deity to follow. Meridia is just as better as any of the Aedra. Other possibilities are:

Stendarr: 1H, Destruction, Restoration, and Block. Smithing, Heavy Armor, or Alteration are other good options. Imperial, or Nord for choice of daily powers. Shouts like Wuld, FRD, Elemental Fury, Dragonrend... I consider the Shield more important than the Mace (Just going by His Blessing.)

Kyne/ereth: Sky, and nature, Archery, Restoration, Light Armor, Smithing, and Alchemy. 1, or 2 handed, block optional. I like battleaxe for that woodsman look, and the Bash perks. With 1H, and Resstoration, they can be infatiguable running around the melee, and Critical Chargeing.

Talos: Axe, and Sword Berserker, Alchemy, Light Armor, and of course, 1H. Otherwise, clerical pursuits like Speech, Lockpicking, and possibly Alteration in lieu of Mysticism. All offensive shouts, the Alchemy is for a witches brew of Affects right before charging into battle. Learn to cook, too. Breton, or Nord.

Malakath: Full Orcish Armor, and Volendrung, or the Longhammer Smithed up with Elemental Fury. 2H HA, Smithing, and Enchanting. No Magicka (Well, 100 you never use.) Possibly Speechcraft.

Nocturnal: Nightingale.

Nerevar: (DB)
Dunmer, Chiton Armor/Telvanni Robes, I went 2H for the Bloodskal Blade with Fire/frost cloak, depending on the enemies. Either light, or Heavy Chiton Armor.

Meridia: Dawnbreaker, and Spellbreaker. 1H, Block, Restoration, Destruction, Heavy Armor. Smithing/Enchanting optional(Both make the game much easier, smithing particularly good for dialing in the difficulty.). Nahkriin, Otar, Rahgot, or Konarik, probably eventually Ebony, or Daedric Boots/Gauntlets, from Steel Plate. Necromancer Robes, or Robes of Destruction. The master ones look like a trenchcoat on a male avatar. Get Uthgerd the Unbroken, and give her one of the long hammers. Ward against Dragons, and eventually send it right back at them with Lightning.

Joker

Psiberzerker, I have a question for you concerning spells. Under restoration, the spells affect up to level 30, and my question is this: Do the opponents level like we do, or cap out at a certain level? I am just wondering, because I am looking at some of the spells in the different areas, and they are effective up to a certain level..

Well I have multiple characters at a time and I hope you can help me with them :)

First, I don't know so much how to play a mage, I level up very slowly and all I do is casting fury at the beginning of the battle and then I use destruction spells, sometimes use conjuration and when health is low I use restoration.
Right now I'm in Bleak Falls Barrow and I'm only level 2 (in other characters I'm at least level 4-5) and I have flames, sparks, healing, fury, firebolt and staff of zombies (for some reason the zombies fight with their fists and they don't ash when dying).
Which spells should I get? how can I level faster? and how should I generally fight?

Second, is a light armoured warrior viable on Master difficulty? if so, which is better, 1H or 2H?

Third, on my assassin I feel very weak and I can't even 1shot Outlaw bandits with Assassin's Blade and orcish dagger. I'm level 14 with 70 sneak, 38 archery and 22 1H. maybe it's becouse of the high sneak and low combat skills? will the shrouded gloves and BoW fix this?

Last, is it viable to play an archer who uses ONLY the bow on Master difficulty?

Sorry for the long post, I hope you have some time to answer all the questions :oops:

Thanks a lot anyway

I don't know so much how to play a mage, I level up very slowly and all I do is casting fury at the beginning of the battle and then I use destruction spells, sometimes use conjuration and when health is low I use restoration.
Right now I'm in Bleak Falls Barrow and I'm only level 2 (in other characters I'm at least level 4-5) and I have flames, sparks, healing, fury, firebolt and staff of zombies (for some reason the zombies fight with their fists and they don't ash when dying). Which spells should I get? how can I level faster? and how should I generally fight?
At low levels, you're going to be getting mostly Destruction XP, because most spells are only cast once, or twice in combat. I keep moving as much as I can, and use Followers/Summons/Fury to deal most of the damage with Destruction mostly for Defending myself, but that's at higher level, when you have the magicka to cast several long spells in succession. Unarmored mages are among the hardest to fight with, and easiest to be killed. It'll take quite a few posts to cover all the triks I know. Oakflesh to level up Alteration, it's not much to start, but eventually keeps you alive much longer. Also, Detect Life/undead to avoid surprises.

Second, is a light armoured warrior viable on Master difficulty? if so, which is better, 1H or 2H?
If you can master the fighting style, yes LA is perfectly adequate protection on Master. You'll want to do more Smithing early on to improve it, and try not to stand there getting pounded for too long, straight up damage races will tend to be lost unless you have a decided advantage like Berserker Rage. Block/bash really help by keeping the enemy off balance. 2H has better Reach, and Stagger, but 1H combos with other weapons/spells better.

Third, on my assassin I feel very weak and I can't even 1shot Outlaw bandits with Assassin's Blade and orcish dagger. I'm level 14 with 70 sneak, 38 archery and 22 1H. maybe it's becouse of the high sneak and low combat skills? will the shrouded gloves and BoW fix this?
Yes, if you do nothing but sneak shots, then your weapon skills will lag behind, and your damage will suffer. Go out, and fight openly to level them up faster, you need more hits to earn more XP.

Last, is it viable to play an archer who uses ONLY the bow on Master difficulty?
If you're good enough at playing an Archer, yes, but keep in mind that if they close, you're dead. Again, followers/summons can really help here, but I wouldn't go it alone with nothing but Archery. There's too many close quarters dungeons, where you don't have the space to maneuver, nor much Range on the enemy...

Klink

Evening folks, I'd like a bit of tweaking assistance with a build I am working on. I was going with something like an undead controlling arching assassin. Goal is to use undead thralls as meatshields while I plink away from the back and go around being a general annoyance.

This is what I'd come up with so far as skills go.

I've been doign something like a 1/3/1 distribution on stats, I am level 34 right now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts