[PS4] Follower vanished into thin air!

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

liv2rok

I've tried everything to get the idiot back. I've tried waiting three days, going to jail and retracing my footsteps and Farkas is no where to be found.

Is there anything else I can do to get him back so I can carry on with the Dawnguard quest chain? I seriously do not want to have to restart because of a damn bug. This game should have been fixed considering it's a remaster!

Cordelia

Global Moderator
Staff member
Waiting three days isn't much of a fix. Everything resets in the game on a thirty-day in-game cycle, so if you're going to wait, thirty days would be a safer bet. As is fast traveling.

Beyond that, we're going to need more information about the last time you saw him, because there have been a number of places noted as eating followers.

Personally, I lost Lydia to the follower-eating terrace at Fort Sungard in the Reach. I tried shouting her off the edge of the thing, but even with her on the ground below, she wouldn't leave it. Then my dog died, and my replacement follower, Vorstag, died in the first cave we entered because of a mage.

That was the darkest timeline, and I was too sad not to lose fifteen or twenty levels to right everything.

So, a dramatic rollback is only devastating if you honestly feel like you're losing more by rolling it back than you would be continuing without them, or starting over with a new character.

liv2rok

Waiting three days isn't much of a fix. Everything resets in the game on a thirty-day in-game cycle, so if you're going to wait, thirty days would be a safer bet. As is fast traveling.

Beyond that, we're going to need more information about the last time you saw him, because there have been a number of places noted as eating followers.

Personally, I lost Lydia to the follower-eating terrace at Fort Sungard in the Reach. I tried shouting her off the edge of the thing, but even with her on the ground below, she wouldn't leave it. Then my dog died, and my replacement follower, Vorstag, died in the first cave we entered because of a mage.

That was the darkest timeline, and I was too sad not to lose fifteen or twenty levels to right everything.

So, a dramatic rollback is only devastating if you honestly feel like you're losing more by rolling it back than you would be continuing without them, or starting over with a new character.

Thanks for the reply!

The last time I saw him was in the marshland area inbetween Morthal and Solitude. I was doing the Dawnguard quest line at the time and was taking Serana back to her home.

Fast Travelling doesn't work either. I've been back to the marsh to see if I can find him but found nothing.

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Didn't by chance tell him to wait somewhere did you? My wife looses track of her follower quite often like that. Farkas can't die, so he should return to Jorrvaskr eventually.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts