• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/...ion-plus-subscription-for-online-multiplayer/

This article discusses the online services component of the PS4. Basically, current PS Plus accounts will get migrated, so people don't have to make a new account with the PS4. However, there will be a subscription fee of about $50 USD per year.

Another important item mentioned in this article is that apparently the console won't be region locked.

I am curious though. I don't have an Xbox or PS3 and I don't subscribe to either service, naturally. One of the things in the slide from the E3 about the benefits of the Plus membership is automatic game updates. How does this work now when game vendors release patches for their titles? Surely you don't have to pay a membership fee to get a patch now, do you?

My best guess is that without PSPlus, you have to manually install that patch.

Crooksin

Glue Sniffer
No, you'll be able to get patches with the free online service Sony offers. PSPlus just enables you to play multiplayer with games and special offers/free games.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
How does that work? Download it on a PC and stick it on a USB drive or something?

The console let's you know there's a patch/update when you start up the game.

lolkhajiit

Hear Me Roar!
Wow. Just wow. Before all these reveals and announcements even came out, I planned to be loyal and buy the next-gen Microsoft console. This was before we had the names and such, mind you. And now, after all these reveals, announcements, etc., I am definitely getting the Playstation 4. Microsoft really mucked it up with the whole online thing (I won't go into details, you all know about it anyway.) That was a total deal-breaker. Plus, there are many exclusives coming (DESTINY). Plus, Elder Scrolls Online. I know ESO is on the Xbox One but still there's the whole online thing. Alright, time for me to shut up :D

tl;dr Playstation 4 for the win

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Wow. Just wow. Before all these reveals and announcements even came out, I planned to be loyal and buy the next-gen Microsoft console. This was before we had the names and such, mind you. And now, after all these reveals, announcements, etc., I am definitely getting the Playstation 4. Microsoft really mucked it up with the whole online thing (I won't go into details, you all know about it anyway.) That was a total deal-breaker. Plus, there are many exclusives coming (DESTINY). Plus, Elder Scrolls Online. I know ESO is on the Xbox One but still there's the whole online thing. Alright, time for me to shut up :D

I couldn't agree more! I was totally gonna post this, but you beat me to it :p

georgeleus

Frost trolls are gay.
Regarding the visual aspect, I have to agree I was as disappointed as everyone else.
But seeing the progress made by the earlier generations of playstations, from fat to slim and to slimmer, I'm positive we'll be looking at something that resembles an ordinary CD-player in the following years.

Im curious how it will be cooled though...

Nakatsu_Hime

Nice to have you potentially onboard hun. xxx

KingNLD

i hear rumors that the processor of the new ps4 mabye would be overklocked to 2.0 ghz
that would be nice!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
Will the conventional cooling suffice ?

Never will anyone ever suggest or say it's okay to overclock something with basic/"conventional" cooling. Pretty sure one would be suggested to use extra cooling of some sort (likely a form of liquid cooling).

But, overclocking a PS4 would likely require you to open it up, which voids the warranty. Modifying the console would also likely, well, void the warranty. And such stuff gets your console removed from being able to use services, in this case the PSN, and also updating the firmware.

TL;DR: don't do it; if you want to mod something and overclock it get a PC.

KingNLD

Azir L'Stros

"So much treasure, so little time..."
see that 2 hours ago i think... what most people say xbox does it not
for her players but for herself afraid that they lose people!

besides ps4 would be more powerful the one reason to buy!

Agreed. Microsoft seems to have really been in it for itself, and the PS4 is about 40% faster (from what I've read).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts