PS3 Long loading times/ Framerate drops HELP :(

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Titanburner

Premium Member
Ok so this has been pretty aggrivating. I originally got my copy of Skyrim for PS3 at the midnight release. Even starting the game I would have to wait anywhere from 3-6 minutes before the fog would appear and I would get the option to start a new game. Loading screens for fast travel range about the same 3-6 minutes. Also about every 100-300 yards my game will freeze (no doubt loading the next area) anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute before I am able to continue. It is a relatively new regular sized PS3 and I have been having these issues since starting the game. Am I the only one? Has anyone else had the same issues playing on PS3? I eventually got so tired of it I went and bought a second copy for my 360 and thankfully its like playing a whole new game. It loads very quickly and I never get that freeze from loading a new area.

My thing is I would much rather play on the PS3 if there was a way to fix these issues as I personally prefer the playstation controller vs the 360 one. Until then I am stuck playing it on the 360. Any ideas?

dnatech

Ok so this has been pretty aggrivating. I originally got my copy of Skyrim for PS3 at the midnight release. Even starting the game I would have to wait anywhere from 3-6 minutes before the fog would appear and I would get the option to start a new game. Loading screens for fast travel range about the same 3-6 minutes. Also about every 100-300 yards my game will freeze (no doubt loading the next area) anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute before I am able to continue. It is a relatively new regular sized PS3 and I have been having these issues since starting the game. Am I the only one? Has anyone else had the same issues playing on PS3? I eventually got so tired of it I went and bought a second copy for my 360 and thankfully its like playing a whole new game. It loads very quickly and I never get that freeze from loading a new area.

My thing is I would much rather play on the PS3 if there was a way to fix these issues as I personally prefer the playstation controller vs the 360 one. Until then I am stuck playing it on the 360. Any ideas?​

I'll never understand why people come to a forum and post a message like this nor do I understand why they think we would care if they play the game or not? If you can't figure out in 24 hours how to unvampire yourself maybe you would be better playing Mario Kart or something? (Not ragging on Kart as it is a awesome game, but requires alot less brainpower lol)

Titanburner

Premium Member
How does this have anything to do with my post? I didn't come to a forum for Skyrim to just say, "Hey I dont like the game! I'm not going to play it and no matter what people post trying to help my own stupidity after what i've said I probably wont read it anyway". Nope didn't say anything along those lines. So gather up your grammar police and go troll somewhere else.

Titanburner

Premium Member
Kettle black
Really? Because I was looking for help in the "Skyrim Help" section.. not complaining about the game in the general section (which noone really cares how you feel about it) and if you were smart enough you would have looked up the prior thread about getting rid of vampirism already. A successful answer to my OP could help other people with the same problem. Try to contribute a little instead of running around sounding like a fool.

dragoon104

dude u need to chill the fluff out dnatech he is only looking 4 help. its not like he emailed u bothering u to even look in this forum is optional. and sorry my game does not do that it some times takes up to 3 min but not too often

Drem

dnatech isn't even on topic, he's like replying to someone else's post or something. stupid

anyways i dont have a ps3 but i've heard of slowdown issues after your save game is over 5mb. no idea why it's doing it off the bat but that sucks and hopefully a patch fixes it. or something? no idea. they also recommend you don't install the game to your hard drive (on 360 at least, i'd imagine same deal for ps3?) as it has texture streaming issues, not sure if you were doing that or not

good luck

Titanburner

Premium Member
Yea I didn't install it on my 360 and the loading for 360 is still like 20x faster than my ps3 which has it installed (ps3 forces you to install it :sadface:)

Twiglaser

Hopefully this doesn't start a debate concerning which console is better, but I think the Xbox 360 that you have is simply faster than your ps3. I'm not sure if ps3s and 360s use the same processor that computers use, but if this was a computer problem, I would say that the problem would reside somewhere in that area.

I don't know much about the mechanics behind these consoles, or even computers, but I don't think it's because of the game, but rather the console itself.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts