PS3 Crashes completely when character enters water

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Eddy Current

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else experiencing an issue since update 1.5 where the game crashes the PS3 completely when the character enters the water?

I notice one of the 'Enhancements' in V1.5 is "Improved visual transition when going underwater", which I suspect is the likely culprit. I have put many hours into this game and prior to 1.5 had very few game crashes.

Not sure if its me but game seems to be more sluggish when playing than before 1.5 too.

Thanks,
EC

Eddy Current

Thanks for the response Burzum, but I'd already tried that fix and it doesn't work if you've played on and saved the game once the update has been installed.

If you roll back the game installation and try to load the save, you get a message box informing you that the save was made with a later version of the game... unfortunately I'd played on enough to cycle through all my backup save slots before I realised there was a major problem.

I'm now in Forelhost Crypt which requires the negotiation of a flooded stairwell, which I now can't do because I can no longer venture underwater....

One for Bethesda methinks

Thanks again

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Click on my profile. There's a link in my status to what you have to do on PS3 to fix the water bug.

Oops, xSuoiveDx beat me to it :)

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
No memory stick involved to my knowledge. Your game cache should be some kind of temp file on your actual console. You should have the option from your console menus to clear it. It is not removing saved games.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts