Ps3 and 360 known issues?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zombiejunkie

So I have Skyrim for PC but I have finally ran in to some issues due to my aged PC, primarily my processors (intel q8200 quad 2.33ghz). For those who are well indulged in Skyrim on console, could you give me some input on Frame rate, vsync (if or if not enabled), and how it overall handles on whatever console? Sorry if this is a repeated thread!!!

Auxilium

In my opinion..
I'm currently playing on the 360 and I've never had any framerate issues to be honest, a lot of that is on the PS3. I occasionally freeze for maybe half a second when entering a new area, but it's hardly noticeable.

Very well done I think on the 360. I know the PS3 has more issues though.
No regrets on the 360.

tha420Moose

bLaze up. play skYrim
im on the 360 and i also am not having any framerate problems. Hasnt froze once and the only thing is when it autosaves when you pull up the menu, sometimes it takes a second or two.

atlaw01

I'm currently playing on the 360 and I've never had any framerate issues to be honest, a lot of that is on the PS3. I occasionally freeze for maybe half a second when entering a new area, but it's hardly noticeable.

Very well done I think on the 360. I know the PS3 has more issues though.
No regrets on the 360.
To be honest I am bit of a fanboy for the PS3, but if you go to the list of bugs on the wiki you will see many more bugs for Xbox 360 than for the PC or PS3. (link here http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_(Skyrim ) But I will admit that the PS3 freezes a LOT, so far over 3 days since buying it I've experienced about 8 freezes. But while the PS3 may have more major bugs, the 360 has a lot more minor AND major bugs. Just my 2 cents :D

Auxilium

In my opinion..
To be honest I am bit of a fanboy for the PS3, but if you go to the list of bugs on the wiki you will see many more bugs for Xbox 360 than for the PC or PS3. (link here http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bugs_(Skyrim ) But I will admit that the PS3 freezes a LOT, so far over 3 days since buying it I've experienced about 8 freezes. But while the PS3 may have more major bugs, the 360 has a lot more minor AND major bugs. Just my 2 cents :D

It may list more bugs, but from what I've read in terms of sheer number of people having problems, the title goes to the PS3. The number of posts I've seen from PS3 owners stating that the game is broken due to freezing/crashing/frame rate drop exceeds the minor/major bugs that I personally and a good number of people on the 360 have not come across yet.

Just saying.

I have both systems, I did my research before purchasing the game, glad I went with the 360 in the end.

atlaw01

It may list more bugs, but from what I've read in terms of sheer number of people having problems, the title goes to the PS3. The number of posts I've seen from PS3 owners stating that the game is broken due to freezing/crashing/frame rate drop exceeds the minor/major bugs that I personally and a good number of people on the 360 have not come across yet.

Just saying.

I have both systems, I did my research before purchasing the game, glad I went with the 360 in the end.
Well, this is probably true. Like I said I'm a bit of PS3 fanboy, so when I talk about the PS3 it's usually the good half of the truth. Lol

Reladin

I am enjoying this game on the 360 and have no problems but one or two. As said above, sometimes when you open your menu it Autosaves at the exact same time and causes a 1-2 second lag. The other bug that I ran across was, I was leveling Conjuration and was staring at the ground and the ground texture disappeared and was a dark grey color... I Fast-Traveled to a town and haven't seen the problem since.

parsonsproject

It freezes a lot on Ps3. Sucks.

Interesting, I was worried about this game on PS3 as I had several buggy issues with fallout New Vegas on PS3: freezing, framerate suddenly going to hell and having to restart game, etc.

I started Skyrim 1 week after it came out on the 1.01 patch, so far I've got over 18 hours in and not 1 freeze or framerate issue. This is on a newer slim version.

Agas

the game freezes i try to give arrows to my follower,in a point where i have to switch off the ps and start all over again.
i encounterd also some minor bugs like spider spiders hanging around constantly,mammuts falling off the sky etc.....but the worst one for me is that the camera in 3rd person zooms in after im exiting a dungeon and stays like that permanently,or gets zoomed in even more to a point where the tv is splitted up like playing a rally game!!!...i tried a bunch of things but eventualy i have to start the game alll over again from the beginning !!!!.....its the 3rd time its happening to me and it s....ks big time!!!

.....btw i love the 3rd person view and im not willing to play it any different.....since the option is availeble and i paid for it!!!

brandon

its iffy on the 360 sometimes. my dude doesnt have problems and ill play all night. but my wife gets a freeze about once or twice a day. she blames me for playing to much. lol i cant get the controller in the day

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Ps3 User here; I notice a freeze up once in a while but I'm glad I backup save every now and then.
Known Issues: -Framerate is only difficult if I am on it for a couple hours so I usually take 10 before I resume.
-Freezes more easily if you play longer than 3 hours in a session.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Sometimes the Rendering acts up too where the quality of somebody's armor or skin will degrade into low, then high again when it reloads/re-renders

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
360 and PC here. Plenty of 360 issues, but they aren't as game breaking as a unplayable frame rate (which as it's been pointed out, you only need to take a short break and it fixes it on PS3, so honestly not much of an issue, just be sure to save often and do a reboot/rest when you get the frame rate issue.) PC, no issues, although I've heard of some. I think it's fairly stable across the board, just a few small issues to deal with, but more glitches in regard to gameplay. Glitched quests, etc.

Kerzechtus

Power Gamer
Wait how can I turn on Vsync and Triple Buffering on my ps3? I will tinker now!

brandon

i have noticed that one dungeon in particular the graphics get kinda cartoony but only in one room its like that everytime i go in it with my character and the same on my wifes profile. but i have had a mommoth fall on me while fighting a dragon it made me slide to the other side of the valley and the dragon got away. but that hasnt happened to me since. i know some other people have seen falling mammoths. and ive found dead mammoths in places ive never seen live ones

Towls

Newest patch fixed it i guess but i have the oldest PS3 and am experiencing no lag until about 5 hours in... on long sessions... It gets minimal lag at that point. it could just be that i have a lucky ps3 though :p

zombiejunkie

Newest patch fixed it i guess but i have the oldest PS3 and am experiencing no lag until about 5 hours in... on long sessions... It gets minimal lag at that point. it could just be that i have a lucky ps3 though :p
I have an older ps3 as well so this worries me. I want the game but waiting out the problems in hopes that patches fix this. Does anyone know is the ps3 runs as 30fps like the 360 version?

Agas

i patched the game on my ps3 and im really disappointed...although the game doesnt freeze anymore when im sharing arrows with my follower,it freezes randomly more often now!..in a 5hour session i had to reboot the ps 3 times!!!....and sadly the dragons only fly around ...circling and circling, no attacking!!!....i hoped for a more serius aproach from bethesda...i red that this issue with the dragon going in circles, occured befor the 1.02 upgrade,but i only got it with the 1.02!!!....nice done!!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts