1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

protecting your family from predators!!

Discussion in 'Hearthfire' started by jonathan90, Apr 24, 2013.

1. jonathan90

jonathan90 well known member

Okay, I just got home to find out that ysolda my wife was taken.

A ransom note was left on the bandits body I just killed and this is what it said.

If you want your little ysolda dovahkiin , your gonna have to pay a ransom of 5,000 gold.

So I just said to myself , stuff this!!!!I am going to rescue and save her so I did.

I was in a duel battle between me and a bandit thug , just after I wiped out all the rest of his thugs and iced them all. And I sliced his head off!!!!and kissed my beutiful sweet little wife ysolda, and she said you saved me, oh my love!!!

So , But there are many other things you need to watch out for like animals or giants and or rats!!! so what was your predator elimination experience!!!???

2. Naginata

Naginata Huntress of the Shadows

I have had an abduction like that as well, pretty freaky stuff. I had a few Draugr attack my house too (WTF?? Draugr out in the wild??), and the usual Giant, but that's not uncommon. The weirdest thing to happen to me was probably the random Draugr attack, I did NOT see that one coming. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. jonathan90

DAM!!!! A draugr attack???? wtfluff???

That's kind of funny:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. snapzit

snapzit Member

I've had Draugrs, bandits, a couple of giants, and the worst thing was they killed one of my chickens! I killed them back.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sticky runes

sticky runes Well-Known Member

I was just minding my own business outside Lakeview one afternoon, when all of a sudden I noticed a giant stomping towards my house, and I shat myself, thinking "Ahh get my sword! I need to protect my steward and farm animals!" But Rayya came along and sliced him down before I even got close. Good girl! The housecarls are usually miles away or inside having a drink when I get attacked on my homestead.

6. jonathan90

Yup, my wood elf Jonny Hood of loxsley was taking a stroll too, and this rattle in the bushes and a groan...and boom a massive giant chasing me out of no where at all.So I poisoned tip my arrows and he came down.

7. Dark Assassin

Dark Assassin Obsessed with the aldmeri dominion

Um are you people talking about Hearthfire DLC? Where you make your own house and have kids? If so, I want hearthfire now :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. jonathan90

Make sure you protect your family in this DLC, because alot of strange stuff will happen to your adopted kids and wife. Like on what happened to me, when I got ransomed for 5,000 gold...No way!!!!I killed them all.:D

9. Dark Assassin

I've always wanted a kid...So does it pay anything to make a house? And where can you build it? How do you build it? (I know theres lots of questions, Im super curious)

10. jonathan90

You build it by using iron ingots and creating them into nails,hinges and iron fittings. It just takes that as a basic materials and untill you get more advanced materials like, gold or silver or steel ingots to make safes.There is loads of interesting stuff you can buy too like straw and quarry stone and clay to make pots. But you have to use the drafting table to design your layout.

But have loads of locks and hinges, nails and iron ingots and etc, etc.And not to forget sawn timber log. ask the windmill woodsman for that , and they will supply you with that wood.

11. Dark Assassin

Mmm, okay. Now, can I build it in like city's? Or out in the wild, plaines, woods, and that stuff? Also, is it tough having children?

12. jonathan90

Hummm.... I think it's best we talk about building materials on my profile. I could give you some advice But I just do not want to go off topic,that's all.:)

13. snapzit

snapzit Member

Having kids changed everything for me in the game. I have become more protective and get very angry when predators come around and do terrible things anywhere near my house where my family lives. RAGE!

Although I have other houses in Skyrim, the family gets special attention. I'll go out regularly to smack down the bandits down the road, or snipe the necromancer into oblivion as soon as he respawns, just to save the wife and kids some possible troubles.

I like having the house. Hearthfire is a nice addition.

14. Dark Assassin

Well in that case...I will marry someone strong. And, cant my son/daughter have weapons or not?

15. snapzit

snapzit Member

The kids can have a dagger and/or a wooden sword.

16. Dark Assassin

Wooden swords come with Heartfire? Awesome! But the question is, whats better, a steel dagger (If I can give him that) or a wooden sword?

17. ShadowHunter

ShadowHunter Active Member

I would say dagger

18. Dark Assassin

Can he dual weild so he can have both?

19. Zodiac Killer

Zodiac Killer Skooma Lord

My child has a Legendary Daedric Dagger. Their chest has a few legendary Wooden Sword's.

20. Wildroses

Wildroses Well-Known Member

Not really a predator experience, but defending Whiterun from the Stormcloaks is way more intense if you have a kid living there. When I went inside to check Lucia was there, I found a fox I'd never seen on the door but no Lucia in sight. I found her upstairs, and all she'd say to me was: "Make it stop! Please make it stop!" I got a bug which puts Whiterun in permanent warzone after the battle, so she was still saying that hours later. Now I have to be a dick and leave her because the only way of re-freshing Whiterun is to travel away from it for a while. I wonder if she'll ever get around to asking me if she can keep the fox, or if the fox will just keep living there without my approval, or if it will vanish into the bug ether?