1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

PROPHET: Can't feed on moth priestH

Discussion in 'Dawnguard' started by Scox1001, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Scox1001

Scox1001 New Member

Hey there,
    This is my first post here and I hope someone can help me out!

So I've got this problem with the quest Prophet, I've reached the moth priest and i've got him on the knee's, Now it tells you to use your seduction power, so I did.
    Now the priest is standing on it's feet and if I activate him I can choose feed or talk, when I press Feed nothing happens My character just keeps standing still, nothing happens.
    I assume the feeding animation should happen like it happens with the cattle's in the vampire castle.
    I don't know what to do about it but I just can't continue dawnguard without this happening so PLEASE help me!

I'm playing on PC and I've had something similair like this before with another character, but with that character I can't feed on anyone anymore, I don't know how or why but it just doesn't happen when I click feed. I've checked all the mods and none of them are the problem.

I hope someone can help me with this, cuz I haven't found anything about this problem on the interwebs.
  2. xXSammehCakesXx

xXSammehCakesXx New Member

I'm having the same problem. *-* And seeing how long ago you posted this, (I posted a question about a half hour ago) I don't know if anyone knows how to fix this. D:
  3. xXSammehCakesXx

xXSammehCakesXx New Member

Oh oh! I got it :D I found it while digging around some more ~ "setstage DLC1VQ03Vampire 70" using the console, of course. It worked for me :D
  4. cripes

cripes New Member

5. Scox1001

Scox1001 New Member

haha yes indeed. luckily it isn't that big of a deal.
    But I've ran into more bugs and stuff. But it is playable.
    But there have to be some patches on the way for dawnguard cuz it definetly isn't bug free!
  6. mmack

mmack New Member

Hey, I have a similar problem. When I press 'E' over the Moth Priest, it doesn't give me the option to feed. Will that code given above help with my problem as well?
  7. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Many PC mods break this quest. I uninstalled them and it worked
  8. mmack

mmack New Member

Do you know which mods break the quest? I have several, many of which are just for graphics.
  9. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Mods that are just meshes and textures are fine. Its the ones where you have to load the file that can break it. I know for sure its those that alter npcs or your character.