• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Hlíf 'Ulfr

Nothing but a lyre
    Staff member
    This is the rough draft and will be overhauled almost completely at some point. Just wanted to get something up so we could move on.

thatguy2

Name: Rolf and Ulfric Greycloak
    Race: Nords
    Class (Warrior, Mage, Thief, etc.): Warrior and Archer

Patron Aedra/Daedra: Talos and Akatosh
    Gifted Ability: Slow Time to zoom in on target for Rolf, regenerative health for Ulfric

Appearance:
    hkOULKN.jpg
    Rolf,
    7NjC7qZ.jpg
    Ulfric

Equipment (clothing, armor, weapons, items, etc.): Rolf carries a hunting bow with a quiver of about 50 arrows, a dagger, and torches and wears reinforced leather armor with an ice wolf cloak. Ulfric wears steel armor and an ice wolf cloak and carries a steel sword and shield.

Skills (combat-oriented or otherwise): Rolf- Archery, One-Handed, Smithing, Stealth, Ulfric- One Handed, Block, Smithing,

History: Rolf grew up as the son of a hunter and his wife. While on a hunt he found Ulfric unconscious on the ground, badly wounded from a pack of wolves. He soon took the man in and they healed his wounds. The two grew close and married, and are now looking to buy a house and start a family.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    Name: Malus Casil

Nicknames or Titles: Lord, Grandmaster of the Morag Tong (Self-Proclaimed),

Ethnicity/ Nationality: Dark Elf / Morrowind

Sexuality: Pansexual/ Asexual (Sex is part of his Patron’s domain, but he doesn’t connect with people enough to truly have an “attraction.”)

Patron: Mephala

Patron Power: Eight Deadly Venoms - Mephala has given Malus even greater access to the many secrets she knows. Split into eight different schools of practice: Lies and Half Truths, Escape and Movement, how to Entrance and Distract (magic or mundane), fear (mystical and mundane) and its usage, Means of Betrayal (by your own hand or through plotting) , means of direct violence/ combat, extracting knowledge of another’s desires, the ways to kill “absolutely” (Curses, poisons, diseases, etc.)

Affiliations: Mephala, Morag Tong,

Profession: Assassin, Cultist, Merchant, Cobbler (He likes shoes okay)

Class: Nightblade (Leans towards Magic)

Afflictions: Lack of Empathy, Narcissism

Appearance: Well-built for a mage or a thief, Long black hair with a roguish mustache and goatee combo

His skin is a pale grey, seemingly without blemish.

ritualistic paint and scars forming a black widow spider symbol in her web on his back

His iris is red, pupil and sclera are black.

Height: 5’7

Weight: 155 lbs.

Personality: A consummate professional at heart, Malus is cold and calculating often presenting himself as a much warmer individual. His mask is one of a normal functioning person in terms of valuing others. While not cruel, he simply sees other people more as tools than individuals. He has some vanity, often preferring “artistic” means of killing or presenting the bodies and his insistence of fussing over his looks, as well as shoes. He is intense and focused, even if he is pretending to be just any regular nice guy.

Equipment: Carries a simple but well maintained steel espada ropero (a heavier rapier like sword), wears custom (thinner) Morag Tong Armor underneath fancy mage robes and a fur lined half-cape, his boots have chitin plates on it, but mostly for looks. Carries what he calls “Beauty Kit” filled with various objects for grooming/ maintaining his appearance and equipment.

Skills: Highly capable at stealth and magic, favoring illusion or conjuration twisting the minds of enemies or summoning distractions while keeping himself concealed. Using others to fight for him, Malus then moves silently to kill his target with his bound dagger.

Also, has good skills around making shoes, like needlework, leatherworking, cloth, etc. While he can mend clothes, he prefers working with shoes.

Background: Work in Progress just wanted to share all the important bits.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member

Sexuality: Pansexual/ Asexual (Sex is part of his Patron’s domain, but he doesn’t connect with people enough to truly have an “attraction.”)

Patron Power: Eight Deadly Venoms - Mephala has given Malus even greater access to the many secrets she knows. Split into eight different schools of practice: Lies and Half Truths, Escape and Movement, how to Entrance and Distract (magic or mundane), fear (mystical and mundane) and its usage, Means of Betrayal (by your own hand or through plotting) , means of direct violence/ combat, extracting knowledge of another’s desires, the ways to kill “absolutely” (Curses, poisons, diseases, etc.)

Appearance: Well-built for a mage or a thief, Long black hair with a roguish mustache and goatee combo

ritualistic paint and scars forming a black widow spider symbol in her web on his back

Personality: A consummate professional at heart, Malus is cold and calculating often presenting himself as a much warmer individual. His mask is one of a normal functioning person in terms of valuing others. While not cruel, he simply sees other people more as tools than individuals. He has some vanity, often preferring “artistic” means of killing or presenting the bodies and his insistence of fussing over his looks, as well as shoes. He is intense and focused, even if he is pretending to be just any regular nice guy.

Equipment: Carries a simple but well maintained steel espada ropero (a heavier rapier like sword), wears custom (thinner) Morag Tong Armor underneath fancy mage robes and a fur lined half-cape, his boots have chitin plates on it, but mostly for looks. Carries what he calls “Beauty Kit” filled with various objects for grooming/ maintaining his appearance and equipment.

Skills: Highly capable at stealth and magic, favoring illusion or conjuration twisting the minds of enemies or summoning distractions while keeping himself concealed. Using others to fight for him, Malus then moves silently to kill his target with his bound dagger.

Also, has good skills around making shoes, like needlework, leatherworking, cloth, etc. While he can mend clothes, he prefers working with shoes.

Just a few things to think about here; The Morag Tong was disbanned long before the years in which Skyrim takes place (4E 201+) so I'm not sure if it makes sense for him to be grandmaster of a cause that no longer exists. The closest there is now is the Dark Brotherhood which took it's place long ago, which is stated in lore.

His gifts from Mephala seem a little O.P, but I also don't quite understand them. May be best to clarify for everyone.

Just some little things I thought should be brought up. Make roleplaying a little more sensible and realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member

Just a few things to think about here; The Morag Tong was disbanned long before the years in which Skyrim takes place (4E 201+) so I'm not sure if it makes sense for him to be grandmaster of a cause that no longer exists. The closest there is now is the Dark Brotherhood which took it's place long ago, which is stated in lore.

His gifts from Mephala seem a little O.P, but I also don't quite understand them. May be best to clarify for everyone.

Just some little things I thought should be brought up. Make roleplaying a little more sensible and realistic.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    They were mentioned in the base game when you meet an ex-member in the Thieves Guild, as well as Morag Tong are still active during the Events of Dragonborn DLC, you are thinking of the Split during the Second Era... In which the Dark Brotherhood and the Morag Tong have been constantly at odds with each other ever since, with the Morag Tong mostly staying in Morrowind. Until the Red Mountain Eruption and many of the Morag Tong spread to the four winds. And having a presence in Solsthiem.

Calling himself Grandmaster was just a self proclaimed title, as within the cult he was a part of he became the "Representative" due to his loyalty to Mephala

As for this, I was a touch worried about it. But it was the knee jerk idea based on his Daedra, I do agree that it sounds OP, but basically the idea was he gained training from Mephala, changing him from a zealot to something akin to her champion. He doesn't actually have a boon like sleep walking or spiritual pressence, just like gained knowledge that most of it he can't use. Like having a book on brain surgery, but lacking the steady hands or materials to perform said task.

I will come up with another power if that didn't help, thanks for screening it for me. :D

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Okay, that makes more sense with your abilities.

As for the Tong, though in Dragonborn it is said that they still exist, it is in a very very limited manor. They splintered and fell out of business for over a century of being virtually non existent. Now they do operate but not anywhere near the same as they once did. Though originally they were governmental contractors and executioners of murder, they quickly were shun only to the province of Morrowind. By that time you get the split to the Dark Brotherhood and the Fallout of the Tong. When they are returned and seen on Solsthiem, it is a very small resurgence of the group, who now only operate and act under Dunmeri Houses, mostly with House to House rivalries. But not much outside of that. The title of Grandmaster goes against the nature of the organization as well, being that they are more a formal and contracted group, and not to mention their need to remain covert. Realistically one would not be so open about any involvement in the now cult like group. I mainly bring this up for Roleplay purposes. Tho being a messenger for Mephala could be connected to them as they worship her mainly, that's not much reason to be open about being a member. Especially when you are no longer in Morrowind territory. (Being that they were sort of shunned out and outlawed outside of Morrowind)

However this is just my observation.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    I'll have his backstory up soon, which will help clear some of the details up. Due to his narcissism he only really refers to himself as Grandmaster (Not even those within the cult really care to call him that.)

Similar to how his other title is Lord, but there is no indication he is actually nobility. "Open" is subjective. If you are part of any of the covert groups, you have the title/ rank but you don't actually anounce it. While he is a member and has pride despite the fall, Mephala is the Daedra of Secrecy.

If he actually screamed whenever he entered a city "WHO IS THE GRAND MASTAH!!! MALUS OF THE MORAG TONG!!!" I would agree. But he didn't survive so long being that obvious while worshiping a being of subtly.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    That's a good point there, obviously he wouldn't be announcing it to everyone. I was merely stating it for roleplaying purposes.

kenia153

Here's my first one... My second one i'm still figuring out a gifted ability *scratches head* maybe sheogorath isn't a good choice xD

Name: Runa Love-Hand
    Race: Khajiit (cathay)
    Class (Warrior, Mage, Thief, etc.): Mage

Patron Aedra/Daedra: Mara
    Gifted Ability: Can bring up a magical restorative shield that protects her from harm, and anyone she is touching. Of course standing in front of people while using it would also work, but it is more limited as that way they are open from behind. Using this gift for extended periods of time, or too often, leaves her very weak.

Personality: Open-minded, usually. She is very passionate and this passion sometimes gets her in trouble. While she tries to love all, she can be a bit quick to anger when she sees injustice and can and will run her mouth.
    A bit of a bookworm(okay, a big bookworm), she loves to read and always wanted to visit the college of Winterhold. It's not uncommon to find her with her nose in a book.

Appearance: A small khajiit. She has blue-gray fur, with lighter, soft fur markings on her face and down her body. She has bright, forest green eyes with large pupils. She has no hair, but the fur on the back of her neck is very thick. She wear a copper circlet, absent of jewels. She claims it signifies something along the lines of pride without riches.

Equipment (clothing, armor, weapons, items, etc.): Wears a plain, basic hooded robe. Refuses to use enchanted weapons, carrying a small elven dagger in case of emergency. Wears her blank copper circlet, wears a belt with leather satchels and pockets. Keeps her money and other various things in there, like snacks. Has a wooden carved horse that her father got for her. Wears an amulet of Mara. Also has a pack of books.

Skills (combat-oriented or otherwise): One of her other interests beside her religion is studying magic. She has a talent for restoration, one that she could never explain. Aside from restoration, she knows a little bit of illusion. Sneaking got her out of inevitable dangerous situations in Riften, and unrelated to combat she's a pretty good at cooking.

History: Raised in Riften by an adoptive nord family, she was heavily influenced by the temple of Mara as a cub. She struggled to get by in Riften, and was confused as a child as to why she was different from the other children.
    Her adoptive father died unexpectedly one year, and brought grief to her family. Her adoptive mother was not fond of Runa, believing her to be a burden. (Food is hard to come when you are in poverty, and having a child that was not her own, and a beastfolk, was not something she ever wanted to sacrifice much for)
    There was so much wrong in Riften, and the Temple of Mara was one place that accepted her. This acceptance and unconditional love made a deep made on Runa. Dedicating her time to the temple and helping whoever she could, her acceptance and love for all eventually made a name for herself. As she grew, so did her relationship with the temple, and Mara. Eventually deciding her practices could possibly be put into even better use, she left Riften and has been traveling for two years.

Other: She has a bit of a nordic accent.

Runa's color

Last edited:

kenia153

No problem, I understand! Honestly it's better this way for me anyway, because it's an older character that I was trying assign a daedra when really being a patron of any deity doesn't make much sense for the character xD

kenia153

oops, just noticed I wrote "a small khajiit, partly due to her young age" originally I had her at 14 years old but aged her up for this rp. Sorry if that caused any confusion, lol. It's fixed now.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts