• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zappus

Hello everyone!

I've played oblivion back when it came put and now recently been extremely happy with skyrim. I have read a lot of good reviews about morrowind and wanted to give it a try. I have a week of final exams now before I will buy it so I was wondering if you guys have any usefull tips on the game?

Also, what mods would be best for a first play-through? I dont want to change radicaly the game experience but graphic, texture mods, etc would be very nice to get.

Thanks in advance :D

bulbaquil

...is not Sjadbek, he just runs him.
"Morrowind Graphics Extender" has generally received good reviews, but I've also heard (1) Bloodmoon is required, and (2) the installation/uninstallation process is quite user-unfriendly, and of course (3) it's very graphics-intensive - if your PC can play Skyrim, especially Skyrim with graphics mods, it should be able to play Morrowind with MGE.

I don't know for sure, because my computer has a crap graphics card and probably couldn't play Oblivion let alone Skyrim, so I haven't even bothered to test out the mod myself.

Zappus

Im used to outlander from the star wars episode 1 on playstation :D

Any advice on which race/class feels most fun for a first timer?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
It's a great game, but I wonder how it will be to someone who picks up now-a-days. The Hardest thing to me about Morrowind is having "Some spoken Dialogue" and not "All" or "Nothing". It tends to make me want to read less just having alittle bit in there from NPCS. But, if you can pay attention and try to follow the names, places and events that are being talked about (like you have to when reading a book) It is really really cool game.

"Is this your first time to Morrowind, Sera?"

"Why yes it is, and don't call me Sarah!"

Zappus

Well i finally got myself a copy of morrowind + the expansions. After struggling with MGE i seem to have finally got it working and tried a game.

It felt rather weird having to pick a class, etc for it has been a while since i've played oblivion. The conversations were quite different coz i had to read pages of text. Then when i got out of the first city i had to read where i have to go in journal and then find the correct road sign!

Then i got de-railed, entered some cave where a bandit ambushed me. I tried to overpower her with my bare hands like i would in skyrim but sadly, i died.

Having not saved a single time, i will be starting another adventure today :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
I was just playing it myself tonight, and I'm having a lot more fun with it. One thing to keep in mind is that Morrowind won't tell you if taking an item would be considered theft or not. Also, joining a guild doesn't give you access to all of their stuff. For instance, the Fighters Guild attacked me when I tried taking something out of a crate.

I'm also running this mod- Accurate Attack at Morrowind Nexus - Morrowind mods and community
Might be cheating, but it makes combat much more bearable for me.

Lokir

Watch what you sell and who you kill, I can't tell you the amount of times I sold a paper i was supposed to give to some one, or the amount of times I got the a message saying I changed the events of the world for killing some one related to the main story, also, Watch the sky's when traveling in the wild, the flyers will get ya lol

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts