Power Leveling Smithing Before and After Patch 1.5

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Before I begin:

I want to say that I do not necessarily believe in power leveling, and do not fully agree with it. However I decided to write a guide on power leveling Smithing purely because I decided it is something that would be appreciated and desired by the readers of my guides.

Power Leveling Before Patch 1.5:

This is pretty simple, collect as much iron and leather strips as you can and make iron daggers. This only works if you haven’t updated past Patch 1.4, otherwise you will need to use the next part of this guide.

Power Leveling After Patch 1.5:

This method works before or after Patch 1.5, and is more profitable for those who have yet to update to 1.5, however it will not be any faster than making iron daggers.

First thing to do is to grab a pickaxe and travel to Halted Steam Camp. Collect all the iron you can from there and make sure you mine every vein as you explore, as well make sure you collect the spell tome Transmute. Make sure you mine all 16 iron ore veins before you leave. Your next stop will be to Fort Fellhammer, here you collect the 10 pieces of iron ore and mine the 10 ore veins. Now to shift gears and travel to Kolskeggr Mine to mine it clear of gold, be sure to get all 17 veins, 3 ores, and 4 ingots. Now to collect one last batch of ore, this time we going to collect silver ore from Sanuarach Mine, there is 7 veins, 4 ore, and 2 ingots.

Now that we have you over encumbered by ore it’s time to cast Transmute until you only have gold ore, now make gold jewelry, first using up all your gems then making gold rings. Rinse and repeat until you get your desired Smithing level while trying desperately to sell all of the jewelry you have made to all the merchants that can’t afford to buy it.

Location list and map links:

Halted Steam Camp
Fort Fellhamer
Kolskeggr Mine
Sanuarach Mine

A final word:

I won’t be doing any revisions of this guide, however if you spot any mistakes please advise me of them so I can rectify them. Otherwise please pass this onto your friends and use it as you want, I can’t tell you how you should play the game, I can only help you be as effective as possible.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts