Potion Generator: Input your ingredients, get a list of possible potions

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

M'aiqaelF

Male, 32 years old, Denver area, CO
awesome, i'll have to check that out when i get home!

Garrison

Wow, that's great Jimmy! I love how the list expands to include the different possibilities.

Without having any understanding of the complexities involved in your program, it would be great if you could a reverse lookup of sorts, where the user inputs the desired effect and the recipe is generated. That way the user could go search for that missing ingredient.

Nice work!

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Actually, not to knock you but this one does the same thing and actually lists the most profitable potions to level up your alchemy the fastest and make the most money: Link

jimmyrcom

this will generate all possibilities based on what is in your inventory. that one gives you all possibilities for any single ingredient or effect you search. Mine gives estimated worth now too, and the value of the potion levels alchemy fastest.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
Yes, but the benefit is that it gives you the most profitable to level up faster and make more money. Like I said, I wasn't knocking you just suggesting an alternative.

Finalchrono

Time Bandit
So it does. Sorry, I haven't gotten sleep in over 24 hours. If you want i'll delete the post with the link if you feel it is disrespectful.

jimmyrcom

Filters have been added. You can now select pure positive or negative effect potions and you can add multiple filters for certain effects.

edit:fixed, works in IE

jeff

this is a great help. I wasted a ton of ingreditents messing around the other day. Now i can make some good profit! Thanks a ton.

jimmyrcom

Note: You don't have to grind picking up ingredients all day. Go to someone that sells alchemy ingredients. Buy their cheaper ingredients (under 100 gold). Save the game. Kill the merchant. Reload the game. Buy more ingredients. Do this until you can't buy more, then use my tool to make expensive ones. After you have enough money, only make the type of poisons/potions you need.

TheListener

Dark Brotherhood Assassin.
I found this useful for making up poisons for my hunting.thanks man!

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
A good tip for this is to have it add all ingredients with no other filters and then start at the top of the list, if you run out of something that tell it to not use that ingredient or if you find you don't have an ingredient do the same. This lets you make the best potions in value from most to least valuable. Maximizing your profits and experience gain from one trip to the alchemy table.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts