• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pharaun159

I was in Solstheim. All the other books work just fine except for Waking Dreams. No one knows of any fix?

In response to the person about Blackguard hood making their character bald, that's because you're a vampire. Same glitch happens with any other hood of the model. But you can put something else on with it and wear both, and it will replace the bald model.
hmm curious. havent heard that one before. if i hear anything ill let you know.

Hey I took a quest from the elf at Telvinni Tower that would further his research. As I walked around nothing was happening then all of the sudden my vision blurred and I started losing health, so I though this was it, but no. I went back to the elf and he had no quest marker. So I went outside and went into some water, then a quest marker pops up for the quest. I went back to get healed and he heals the negative 25 health that happend when I hit the water, but my vision is still blurry and my health drains. I have taken a cure diesease potion and I have rested and fast traveled, but nothing. Also when I look into my active magical effects nothing is showing as a negative.

KattSand

Premium Member
Hey I took a quest from the elf at Telvinni Tower that would further his research. As I walked around nothing was happening then all of the sudden my vision blurred and I started losing health, so I though this was it, but no. I went back to the elf and he had no quest marker. So I went outside and went into some water, then a quest marker pops up for the quest. I went back to get healed and he heals the negative 25 health that happend when I hit the water, but my vision is still blurry and my health drains. I have taken a cure diesease potion and I have rested and fast traveled, but nothing. Also when I look into my active magical effects nothing is showing as a negative.
I know there is a quest where he casts a spell on you that effects you if it's raining or if you're in water but if the quest is completed, and this effect still remains, then I don't know what to do.

I know there is a quest where he casts a spell on you that effects you if it's raining or if you're in water but if the quest is completed, and this effect still remains, then I don't know what to do.

yeah it freaking sucks as i do not know how to stop the health drain and blurry vision!

KattSand

Premium Member
yeah it freaking sucks as i do not know how to stop the health drain and blurry vision!
What a buggy dlc this turned out to be. I must have gotten lucky as hell, because I haven't had any quest breaking glitches or anything like what you're having. And I was complaining about my game freezing every 10 hours or so, I think I'll shut up about that now :D

Adam Warlock

Raven Rock inaccessible since yesterday.

The furthest I`ve gotten is halfway up the dock to the gate.

Returned to Skyrim and attempted a different travel route by going to Windhelm and paying for a boat ride rather than fast-travel.

Game froze when entering the Windhelm gate to the docks

not a happy dovakin

Eamon Kelly

I have completed the temple of miraak quest but i cannot receive the fate of the skaal quest.i have killed some skaal npcs but your support did say it wouldnt effect the main quest . i have retried , went back to the main land and back but i cant start the quest. i would appreciate any help. also i have cleared the system cashe but no progress

Eamon Kelly

I have completed the temple of miraak quest but i cannot receive the fate of the skaal quest.i have killed some skaal npcs but your support did say it wouldnt effect the main quest . i have retried , went back to the main land and back but i cant start the quest.

i would appreciate any help. also i have cleared the system cashe but no progress. thanksHELP

What a buggy dlc this turned out to be. I must have gotten lucky as hell, because I haven't had any quest breaking glitches or anything like what you're having. And I was complaining about my game freezing every 10 hours or so, I think I'll shut up about that now :D

I am jealous, this is the only error I have ran into as I have had no other quest glitches with this DLC. I do have some other issues with the main game. The White Vial let me drop the mammoth tusk powder so I do not have everything i need and I cannot report a quest I did for a Jarl in Skyrim.

Merqury

FIXED! Okay, I went back to Kolbjorn for the last bit (which I haven't even got into yet, but...anyway...) I went down to where that item was supposed to be where the floor puzzle was and, BAM, right there on the pedestal--ITEM. !!! I was so excited, I cheered. XD But, seriously, it's supposed to be a pretty bitchin item. ^_^

Merqury

I am jealous, this is the only error I have ran into as I have had no other quest glitches with this DLC. I do have some other issues with the main game. The White Vial let me drop the mammoth tusk powder so I do not have everything i need and I cannot report a quest I did for a Jarl in Skyrim.
Was it the one with the skooma info? Cos that one is broken for me, too.

I'm sorry, did someone say they were having trouble getting Bloodscythe to stay on a weapon rack? Cos I can't get it to work at all.

KattSand

Premium Member
Was it the one with the skooma info? Cos that one is broken for me, too.

I'm sorry, did someone say they were having trouble getting Bloodscythe to stay on a weapon rack? Cos I can't get it to work at all.
I can't get it to stay on weapon racks either, every time I leave the house and come back, it has fallen off the rack.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Revus Sarvani has either died or disappeared from his camp near Tel Mithryn (I think he might've been killed in a dragon attack but I can't find his body anywhere), making the last resonance stone inaccessible, making that quest unfinishable.

Also, I killed a dragon on the west coast of Solstheim a few days ago, but he didn't disintegrate like he should have and I didn't get his soul. All other dragons I've killed since getting the DLC, both on Solstheim and in Skyrim, have been fine.

Saozig

Hippy
I found a fix for my Gardener of Men glitch:

When I first completed the Path of knowledge quest with Neloth and got the black book, I wasn't able to continue to "chapter II" because the platform where the book should have been wasn't there.

To fix that glitch, I had to go back and complete the last part of the Path of Knowledge quest (where you place the four cubes on their pedestals) and re-enter the reading room so to re-trigger the Gardener of Men quest.

It appears that in Apocrypha, certain things only appear when you trigger them by starting the related quest, and somehow this quest didn't open correctly for me and thus the platform didn't appear. So going back and re-doing to end of the previous quest and making the quest open again fixed whatever happened the first time.

My earlier confusion over this glitch, BTW, was NOT helped by geniuses on You Tube who posted edited "walkthroughs" of this quest that skipped over this part. Apparently some people have difficulty with the concept of a "walkthrough".

But thankfully when i re-started the quest, I was able to complete it with no issue. Also the glitch with dragons acting weird when they attack seems to have been fixed too.

My house has some glitches too:

Like other people, I have a problem with the weapon racks. Many of them don't work and the weapon just falls to the ground.

The mannequin just left of the bedroom door as you enter is glitched. I put my old Elven armor on it and then switch it out for some cultists robes But now, no matter what I put on it, it generates new cultist robes, gloves and boots (but not a helmet). I think I ended up with 8 of each before I just gave up (at least I got some coin for them!). The armor I place on there doesn't disappear--it's still there, just not equipped.

The chest in the main bedroom that's on the bottom of bookshelf generated filled soul gems: I placed 4 filled Common soul gems there. When I came back for them, there was 14. Sadly this appears to be a one-time deal unlike the mannequin.

When I first put a set of carved Nordic armor in the chest at the foot of the bed, it generated a second one. Also appears one-time only.

The safe in the bedroom generated a second Ring of Eminent Conjuration when I placed one in there. I suspect it's generated a few other things too. However, I use this safe for any jewelry (necklaces, rings, circlets) that I've been collecting and I can't kept track of what all I've collected. But there's a few things in there that seem "new".

Pharaun159

I found a fix for my Gardener of Men glitch:

When I first completed the Path of knowledge quest with Neloth and got the black book, I wasn't able to continue to "chapter II" because the platform where the book should have been wasn't there.

To fix that glitch, I had to go back and complete the last part of the Path of Knowledge quest (where you place the four cubes on their pedestals) and re-enter the reading room so to re-trigger the Gardener of Men quest.

It appears that in Apocrypha, certain things only appear when you trigger them by starting the related quest, and somehow this quest didn't open correctly for me and thus the platform didn't appear. So going back and re-doing to end of the previous quest and making the quest open again fixed whatever happened the first time.

My earlier confusion over this glitch, BTW, was NOT helped by geniuses on You Tube who posted edited "walkthroughs" of this quest that skipped over this part. Apparently some people have difficulty with the concept of a "walkthrough".

But thankfully when i re-started the quest, I was able to complete it with no issue. Also the glitch with dragons acting weird when they attack seems to have been fixed too.

My house has some glitches too:

Like other people, I have a problem with the weapon racks. Many of them don't work and the weapon just falls to the ground.

The mannequin just left of the bedroom door as you enter is glitched. I put my old Elven armor on it and then switch it out for some cultists robes But now, no matter what I put on it, it generates new cultist robes, gloves and boots (but not a helmet). I think I ended up with 8 of each before I just gave up (at least I got some coin for them!). The armor I place on there doesn't disappear--it's still there, just not equipped.

The chest in the main bedroom that's on the bottom of bookshelf generated filled soul gems: I placed 4 filled Common soul gems there. When I came back for them, there was 14. Sadly this appears to be a one-time deal unlike the mannequin.

When I first put a set of carved Nordic armor in the chest at the foot of the bed, it generated a second one. Also appears one-time only.

The safe in the bedroom generated a second Ring of Eminent Conjuration when I placed one in there. I suspect it's generated a few other things too. However, I use this safe for any jewelry (necklaces, rings, circlets) that I've been collecting and I can't kept track of what all I've collected. But there's a few things in there that seem "new".
Reeeeally? The manaquin left of the door duplicates? Is this upon every entry? Do you have to try putting something else on the manaquin before it will start duping? I ask because i would like multiple copies of telvanni robes, and maybe even miraaks robes for mage followers. a little telvanni hord if you will.

Saozig

Hippy
Reeeeally? The manaquin left of the door duplicates? Is this upon every entry? Do you have to try putting something else on the manaquin before it will start duping? I ask because i would like multiple copies of telvanni robes, and maybe even miraaks robes for mage followers. a little telvanni hord if you will.

This is what happened:

I put my Elven armor on it, and then switched to a full suit of cultist robes. No prob.

Then I acquired some Stalhirm armor and removed the cultist gear and put the Stalhrim on it. When I returned to the house, the armor wasn't equipped (but was still in the mannequin's inventory), and the mannequin had generated new cultist robes, gloves and boots I removed them and re-equipped the Stalhirm.

Returned later, same thing. So I removed everything off the mannequin.

Returned later--it had generated another set of robes, gloves and boots.

So I tried putting different things on it--Thalmor robes, adept robes, enchanted ebony armor, whatever else I had. Each time when I would return (or went to sleep and woke up) it would de-equip what I put on there and generate new cultist robes, gloves and boots.

The amusement with this has worn thin so now I'm resigned to letting the mannequin win and keep its cultist get-up. As long as I leave the cultist robes, gloves and boots on there, it doesn't generate more. It's only when I remove the ones that are on there.

I have no idea if this glitch would generate anything else. But I did read somewhere that some people have had that same mannequin de-enchant enchanted items placed on it (which is why I have not put my Deathbrand armor on any of the mannequins!). I haven't had that happen so far, thankfully.

But I suppose, if I ever decide to start my own cult in Solstheim, I have an easy, no-cost way of outfitting my minions!

Pharaun159

This is what happened:

I put my Elven armor on it, and then switched to a full suit of cultist robes. No prob.

Then I acquired some Stalhirm armor and removed the cultist gear and put the Stalhrim on it. When I returned to the house, the armor wasn't equipped (but was still in the mannequin's inventory), and the mannequin had generated new cultist robes, gloves and boots I removed them and re-equipped the Stalhirm.

Returned later, same thing. So I removed everything off the mannequin.

Returned later--it had generated another set of robes, gloves and boots.

So I tried putting different things on it--Thalmor robes, adept robes, enchanted ebony armor, whatever else I had. Each time when I would return (or went to sleep and woke up) it would de-equip what I put on there and generate new cultist robes, gloves and boots.

The amusement with this has worn thin so now I'm resigned to letting the mannequin win and keep its cultist get-up. As long as I leave the cultist robes, gloves and boots on there, it doesn't generate more. It's only when I remove the ones that are on there.

I have no idea if this glitch would generate anything else. But I did read somewhere that some people have had that same mannequin de-enchant enchanted items placed on it (which is why I have not put my Deathbrand armor on any of the mannequins!). I haven't had that happen so far, thankfully.

But I suppose, if I ever decide to start my own cult in Solstheim, I have an easy, no-cost way of outfitting my minions!
REEEAAALLYYY!!!! if it would de enchant telvanni robes, and let me re enchant them, I'd be THRILLD

Adam Warlock

REEEAAALLYYY!!!! if it would de enchant telvanni robes, and let me re enchant them, I'd be THRILLD
the mannikin glitch takes your custom enchants off if it reproduces an item but if it`s an in-game enchantment it stays.
so even if you get extra copy of arch-mage robes or otar mask . the original enchantment remains on them

Airn

yes i have incountered a glitch i think were ive been playing dragonborn since it came out just doing quests and stuff but i cant find the mainquest so i start doing neloths quests again (cause i think its part of the main quest) well when i get to nchardak hes never there or appears there so someone please tell me whats wrong .i do not want to restart another game if so then im just going to buy dragonborn again on the ps3 which system i prefer to use anyway i just want to play dragonborn really bad. so bethesda please help

Pharaun159

you have to go back to the wizard and he removes it. its no glitch. he also does one that makes tentacles burst from your eyes.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts