PC Possible to change item's stats?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

zFrenzyy

Assassin at your service
I'm wondering if you could change an items stats through let's say console commands?
For example, a Daedric Dagger with 30 attack, you can use the command to make it 100 attack?
Maybe change a potions stats to cure you 1000 health instead of 100?
The reason I'm asking this is because I'm getting Skyrim for the PC in about 1-2 weeks and want to know if you could do that, if you can't I'll just search up a damage mod or something.

Morgan

Well, the built-in way to accomplish this is by adjusting the difficulty settings until the gameplay proceeds at a pace you find best pleasing. I don't think you can change item stats with a console command, but you can easily add modifiers to your skills. So you could buff your smithing by 1000 and improve your weapon so it does the damage you want, or alchemy and make potions, etc. You can also install the creation kit, where it's trivial to change any item stat you want. However, you should try playing it vanilla for awhile and see if you really want to adjust stuff. Unless, of course, you've played a different version and are getting the PC version just for the ability to use mods and console commands. In this case, go crazy!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
You can't change the base damage of any weapon with any existing in game mechanics. You can do it through the Creation Kit which you get for free with your PC version of the game. It's not that hard to do either.

Of course doing it will unbalance the game so you may not like the results when you see them in action and begin to realize that you've removed any challenge in the game.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts