[Poll] werewolfs...did everyone choose ta be one or did some not???

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

werewolfs...did everyone choose ta be one or did some not???

• Total voters

ra666x

no stone left unturned
its all gd the p-assive thingys sounds kl as a have no idea how ta change into a werewolf anyways lol ...u said it helps the vamp thing ? so is it correct that if ya a werewolf u cant get vamped out or catch anything from vamps cuz if so is sounds a winwin situation neva been a vamp yet either so no idea=/

ra666x

no stone left unturned
n as far as the help desease thing ta be truthfull am lvl 11 now n not once have a known if a ever caught any dease ever?lol..... and do ya know if a choose ta join werewolfs do a then not get option ta be a vamp either cuz bein a vamp sounds punk always havin ta drink blood ta keep goin sounds a bit of a hassel but if bein a were wolfs takes that choise away am maybe hapz jus ta be werewolf n stay passive for the bonuses=]

Lemviticus

n as far as the help desease thing ta be truthfull am lvl 11 now n not once have a known if a ever caught any dease ever?lol..... and do ya know if a choose ta join werewolfs do a then not get option ta be a vamp either cuz bein a vamp sounds punk always havin ta drink blood ta keep goin sounds a bit of a hassel but if bein a were wolfs takes that choise away am maybe hapz jus ta be werewolf n stay passive for the bonuses=]
The chances of catching a disease also depends on your race :) I know that Argonians have a resistance to diseases, so it's rare for Argonian players to get diseases. Saying that, I think my Argonian progressed through the game and only got one disease.
On the actual topic though, I chose not to be a Werewolf, but this is only because I'm playing through other quests as opposed to the Companions Quest. As previous posters have mentioned, you have to become a werewolf to continue through the Companions.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm not sure what system you're on but I hit the tab key to get the the '+' shaped menu with magic on the left. Then click "magic". A whole bunch of stuff is listed on the right now and I recommend looking at all of it because your shouts are going to show up here too. Down toward the bottom will be the category where your beast form lives. You click it, then in game, I hit 'z' to activate it. (Posted with the caveat that I've not actually gone into beast form in ages and ages, nor do I know how this happens on an xbox or ps3, but it's the best I can recall for PC).

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
All cleaned up now. There are two threads like this now, though. I'm somewhat afraid to try to merge again for fear of losing the poll. I can close the other one to encourage responses here though.

Windress

There's another thread that discussed this topic at great length. I believe it can be found here: Werewolf or Not? I hope it's of some assistance to you, ra666x!

I know one of the points I tend to come back to as an advantage of Lycanthropy is the increased stamina and travel speeds. I'm still using it quite a bit, even now, to travel the map. It's better than having a horse!

dbukalski

seems pretty clear to me. Unless your against it for role playing purposes. Or you want to be a vampire(again RPG purposes) theres no reason not to

Advantage
1) disease resistence(even if you really need it)
2) faster travel then with horse. Whether it be out in open or inside dungeons

disadvantage
none

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
I never chose to be a Werewolf. It just never seemed right for my character, role-playing wise. I simply didn't do any more of the Companions quests when the werewolf one came up, but maybe I will on another character.

ra666x

no stone left unturned
wind dress how do u travel faster do u have ta be in the werewolf form??? if so a cant even quite work out how ta change into it???

ra666x

no stone left unturned
hey teritus...yeh a felt same way when choise came up till started reading feed back n looked at poll on it ...seems theres 3 for bein a werewolf n 0 for not so far till maybe u click on the poll so far seems advantages wayin out the disadvantages of us feelin funni bout our original charictors mergin races

Windress

wind dress how do u travel faster do u have ta be in the werewolf form??? if so a cant even quite work out how ta change into it???

When you drink the blood of the Werewolf in the companion quest, you are given an additional power known as "Beast Form." Activating this power will transform you into a werewolf for approximately two minutes, a time period which you can extend by drinking the blood of the enemies you kill. You don't have to if you don't want to, but after two minutes, you'll turn back into a human.

While you're in Beast form, you don't have your weapons, but you do have claws, a great deal more strength and speed, and an immense capacity for regenerating stamina. This means you can "sprint" very quickly for long distances, while resting very little. I use it when I want to fast travel through mountains. It's fun!

ra666x

no stone left unturned
hey windress=] thanks alot a jus found beast form in the spells list never knew a had it ta a will test out the runin now thanks ta u=]

ra666x

no stone left unturned
tank ftw thought ya vid wuz about armor then lol kl armor btw then ya turned into a werewolf n reeeked havok pretty awesome lol kl vid thx

ra666x

no stone left unturned
windress took mi like 6 hrs ta realise a had that in spells n only cuz ya pointed it out ta thee cheers again =]

Windress

ps do ya know if werewolfs pwn ice trolls n giants if they attack u???

That depends on the level of certain skills. Werewolf stats are affected by your "one-handed" skill and your "light armor" skill. Both of these skills receive a boost while in Beast Form.

Frost Trolls generally range in health from 420 to 480 HP. So let's say you've got your one handed skill up to 25, and you've assigned the "Armsman" perk twice (which makes one handed attacks deal 40% greater damage). Coupling that stat with the additional strength of the Werewolf, you should be able to take down a Frost Troll, if you can stagger him with your claw swipe. It's sort of a situational thing.

To be honest, since Frost Trolls are sensitive to fire, you'd be better off using your Dragon Shout "Fire Breath" while in human form. One blast of that saps the majority of a troll's health.

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
I have never become a werewolf on any of my accounts i cant stand twlight............

Haha but i really havent and for no real reason just didnt agree with the people that are apart of it same with the vampires.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts