plz need help fixing magicka regen problem, THX.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

PawnRaider

After more than 2400 hours of play in Skyrim, I have a brand new issue. No Magicka regeneration. I am not a vampire. I have no active effects of a vampire and there is no Vampire Drain spell. My magicka regeration is stuck at 0.00. I can console command to get back to the normal 3% regen rate, but when I save and close, it is back at zero when I reopen the game. I have gone back to my original save and it is an issue in THAT save, too. never been a problem before. used a script cleaner that was supposed to "just clean the scripts left behind from closed out mods"... However, EVERY save file in all folders anywhere on my computer have been tweaked to zero magicka regeneration rate. anyone know where is the game default setting and how do I fix this? plz.\

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
install the mod skytweak. It allows you to tweak almost everything in the game. If you have this bug you will see in skytweaks, under the attributes tab, that your base magicka rate and base health rate is set to zero. Just change it to the default value and you're good to go.

But it seems like a glitch that just happens. Just keep adjusting as you go. Bothersome but what can ya do?

PawnRaider

Appreciate the recommendation, Seanu Reaves: Yesterday, I checked Skytweaks out. It needs 4 or 5 other mods loaded to work only one of which I already have. The other 3 or 4 seem to do nothing but support Skytweaks. NOTE: I used a "well-recommended" script cleaner to fix a "scripting issue" that ONLY acted up in ONE Specific mod. hmmm. However:. immediately after using the cleaner, I discovered two default settings changed: My armor rating is Negative 3900-ish. and my magic regen rate is defaulted to zero. (I wonder what else has been messed up.) I went to the backup I made prior to running the script cleaner. both are issues there too. I checked an old save. and an old backup of a save, and a backup of an older save. ALL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE, even the original save I made after exiting Helgen's dungeon. I fixed the armor problem. I just want the defaults restored. since this is an issue that was to fix a problem with ONE MOD, I have unloaded THAT Mod. since I no longer have a clean save, am simply looking on a fix for my Magicka Regen issue. If I cannot fix it without loading 4 more mods, the game is broken and not worth playing as my next character was supposed to be a magicka user. Unfortunately, I may have to focus on your question regarding alternative activities. again: I appreciate your time and recommendation. Hope you enjoy your day.

The Honorable Gidian Diva of Sass

Sahrot Vahlok Spaan. Bahnahgaar. Minion #88!
Staff member
Appreciate the recommendation, Seanu Reaves: Yesterday, I checked Skytweaks out. It needs 4 or 5 other mods loaded to work only one of which I already have. The other 3 or 4 seem to do nothing but support Skytweaks. NOTE: I used a "well-recommended" script cleaner to fix a "scripting issue" that ONLY acted up in ONE Specific mod. hmmm. However:. immediately after using the cleaner, I discovered two default settings changed: My armor rating is Negative 3900-ish. and my magic regen rate is defaulted to zero. (I wonder what else has been messed up.) I went to the backup I made prior to running the script cleaner. both are issues there too. I checked an old save. and an old backup of a save, and a backup of an older save. ALL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE, even the original save I made after exiting Helgen's dungeon. I fixed the armor problem. I just want the defaults restored. since this is an issue that was to fix a problem with ONE MOD, I have unloaded THAT Mod. since I no longer have a clean save, am simply looking on a fix for my Magicka Regen issue. If I cannot fix it without loading 4 more mods, the game is broken and not worth playing as my next character was supposed to be a magicka user. Unfortunately, I may have to focus on your question regarding alternative activities. again: I appreciate your time and recommendation. Hope you enjoy your day.
I assume you are on PC. If so, do you happen to own the game through Steam?

Staff member
yes, I play on pc. I purchased the cd but use steam.
Are you familiar with the option "Verify Integrity of Game Files"? It should cross reference the game files you have with the game files that Steam possesses and correct any differences.

Staff member
will check on that. have looked through the various menus available. cannot seem to find that one.
In your Steam library, right click on Skyrim, go to Properties, then go to Local Files. Should be the bottom option.

PawnRaider

Google: restart computer, Steam library, right click on game, properties...
Result:
"1 file failed to validate and will be re-acquired."
Accordingly, I will wait for syncing to finish. and redo the process.
appreciate the help.

hmmm. same: "1 file failed to validate and will be re-acquired."
will try again.

hmmm. restarted PC done again. no change. I will play the game a few minutes, save, close and re-do... and see what happens.

update: change: I cannot start the game. video not supported at this resolution, please fix... however, I have been playing on Ultra forever... now it won't start in any graphics resolution. had a thought: I am working on validating on my other laptop. it has a dvd slot and the game dvd is loaded. maybe the needed file is on the dvd??? this will take time as that laptop has several downloads before it will start the validation. hmmm.

on the other laptop: TWO files failed to validate and will be re-acquired.

I appreciate your patience and your attention. I must head off to an appointment and will work on this later this evening and keep you updated. thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Staff member
I missed your update, sounds like a trial. I hope you manage to get it sorted, as this sounds like it's quickly escalating beyond my limited experience with computers xD

PawnRaider

thanks for trying. second laptop updated a file to down load. re-accomplished validations with both laptops, several times. My main alien ware beast did not download a file for this until the laptop with the Skyrim CD was loaded went through the process. Now, both finish with one file with something wrong. I will see if I can get the game started again. appreciate the assist.

PawnRaider

validating files was not an issue on primary game laptop:
per steam: 1 or more files may not validate. after steam finishes validating, this message may be safely ignored.

oh well

now to figure out the new problem: video renderer will not let the game load.

PawnRaider

video renderer problem fixed. (resolution in wrong box on Options menu for launcher)..
However, Now I get Infinite Loading screen on fast travel. if it is not one thing it is another.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts