1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

PLEASE HELPPPP THIEVESSS

Discussion in 'Skyrim Help' started by prezz, Jan 28, 2012.

1. prezz

prezz New Member

OK i dont know if this is a glitch or wat happend. Ive done the whole thieves guild main story line now im on the little side quests that you get from delvin and vex. I got all 4 of the cities special quests and completed them(summerset shadows, immatation amnesty, the dainty sload and silver lining) but still no invite to become guild master. Wat should i do??

The reason i thought it mite be glitched is becuz i realized after a while that i still had a stolen flawless diamond in my inventory. I had pickpocketed it from ghorza gra-bogel in markarth a while back so i cant really recall if delvin took it back. It says its completed in my finished quests so he must have took it, but why do i still have it? I can sell it and store it as well.

Any advice would be good. I wanna be a guild master weel bad :sadface:
  2. Dagmar

Dagmar Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim

What does Brynjolf say when you speak with him?
  3. prezz

prezz New Member

He says hes got important thimgs to do and we will speak another time. I cant interact with him
  4. Dagmar

This is a known bug but it has nothing to do with the filched diamond. It can happen if you complete the Thieves Guild main quest line before completing all the improvements to the Thieves Guild.

There are a couple of fixes you can try that are suggested on the UESP Skyrim Wiki article on Under New Management

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    prezz likes this.
  5. prezz

prezz New Member

I already did that mission with the debt. Should i just start trying to kill them? Lol wat will that do??
  6. prezz

prezz New Member

I killed a member of the guild, they kicked me out, i gave them gold and they let me back in. I go to talk to brynjolf and he still says the same thing. This sucks....
  7. Stuntbabex

Stuntbabex New Member

I've been trying for days now to work around this bug but I can't I finished all the side quests and returned the guild to full power (including barenziah's crown) BEFORE finishing the main quest line and Under New Management still won't activate. I have tried everything. I tried curing my vampirism, I tried getting the crown after finishing the main quest line, I tried activating the quest in console, but nothing. Brynjolf still tells me he's busy. I tried attacking guild members, I tried teleporting Karliah to Nightingale Hall from Snowveil Sanctum but that doesn't work either.

The worst part is that the new beta patch (1.4.15) doesn't even fix this problem either! Seriously, this is ruining the game for me. I really was enjoying it up until this point. All that hard work for nothing.
    • Like Like x 1
    prezz likes this.
  8. prezz

prezz New Member

I completely agree. Ive played and loved everything about this game and since this has happened i have no motivation to play at all. Ive beat the game but restoring the thieves guild would open another world for me. Not to mention, as you stated stuntbabe, ive put alot of time into POINTLESS side quests.. done like a friggin million of em.. so i feel a little betrayed. My city im always in is riften and the guild was perfect for the way i play. Not being able to maximize potential is disheartening and i wont be playin until this is fixed. But it probably wont.
  9. Arktic_Spyder

Arktic_Spyder New Member

Well, its still in the beta phase so I'm sure they're still attempting to fix the issue. :)
  10. The Barefoot Nord

The Barefoot Nord I need some dragon scale shoes.

Did not know you could spruce up the Ratway. Thanks for that tip, D.
  11. Stuntbabex

Stuntbabex New Member

One more thing about the beta patch (and Im told it's not beta anymore starting today), is that I don't understand the notes where they mention "Under New Management". This is what it says:

"In Under New Management, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly"

I have done this quest on a different character already and from what I remember it's just a guild meeting and they dub you guild master. I have no idea about an Oculory and a focusing crystal. Is it possible there are two Under New Management quests in the game and this one is for the Mages Guild?
  12. Dagmar

I'm not sure where you got that from but the official notes on the Bethesda Blog correctly refer to the quest as "Revealing the Unseen"
  13. Stuntbabex

Stuntbabex New Member

Ah, well I saw it on the patch notes that Bethesda posted on Steam. They were also on the UESP Wiki, but it's probably just a copy/paste error on their end. Sucks because I got all excited for a second, thinking they fixed it. I'll probably just have to create a new character. Wish I was a coder so I could figure out something in console.
  14. Benor

Benor Benor.

Happened to me too... The chest is infront of his desk and everything. But in my case he (brynjolf) if NO WHERE to be found...
  15. Silence

Silence Member

On my first char I have done a turdload of those restore the guild quests, and just figured I hadn't choosen the right ones to progress, but now I realize it's def the glitch. Sux, way to ruin my first playthrough Beth. >.>
  16. SonOfAkatosh

SonOfAkatosh New Member

Just to make sure, have you completed the Nocturnal quest line and returned the skeleton key etc guys?
  17. Silence

Silence Member

Ja, finished the Nocturnal jib n returned the key, did everything related to it along with a buttload of restore the guild sidequests but nothing happens. Kinda ditched that char due to it. ;(
  18. Harvel

Harvel New Member

It is April of 2013 and that quest and "patch" still doesn't work...completed every quest in the game and saved the thieves guild for last...nothing...what the hell bethesda...STOP MAKING GLITCHY GAMES!!!