PLEASE HELPPPP THIEVESSS

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

prezz

OK i dont know if this is a glitch or wat happend. Ive done the whole thieves guild main story line now im on the little side quests that you get from delvin and vex. I got all 4 of the cities special quests and completed them(summerset shadows, immatation amnesty, the dainty sload and silver lining) but still no invite to become guild master. Wat should i do??

The reason i thought it mite be glitched is becuz i realized after a while that i still had a stolen flawless diamond in my inventory. I had pickpocketed it from ghorza gra-bogel in markarth a while back so i cant really recall if delvin took it back. It says its completed in my finished quests so he must have took it, but why do i still have it? I can sell it and store it as well.

Any advice would be good. I wanna be a guild master weel bad :sadface:

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
What does Brynjolf say when you speak with him?

prezz

He says hes got important thimgs to do and we will speak another time. I cant interact with him

Dagmar

This is a known bug but it has nothing to do with the filched diamond. It can happen if you complete the Thieves Guild main quest line before completing all the improvements to the Thieves Guild.

There are a couple of fixes you can try that are suggested on the UESP Skyrim Wiki article on Under New Management

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Under_New_Management said:
Run outside when finishing your first interaction with Brynjolf. You need to run outside as quick as possible by going to the ladder and exiting. You should see the quest update pop up reading: "Started Under New Management". Afterward, go back inside and proceed to Brynjolf. To talk to Brynjolf, let him go to the middle of the Cistern first, and wait. He then should start talking to you, finishing the quest. If this does not resolve the issue, it may be worth it to try attacking them, paying the reparations, and trying again.

Another possible fix is to get the quest about fixing debt from the guy at the Riften stables. The player will be told to talk to Sapphire. Instead, Sapphire should be sitting on the bridge just inside Riften and when approached will say "I don't have any business with you." or "We'll talk after the ceremony." Attack her 3 times, and this should cause her to start attacking the player notifying them that "Under New Management" has been completed and that the player should talk to Brynjolf. Upon entering The Ragged Flagon, the player will be required to pay 1000 gold to Vex as reparations for killing a fellow Thieves Guild member. After doing so, speak with Brynjolf and the questline SHOULD be completed.

prezz

I already did that mission with the debt. Should i just start trying to kill them? Lol wat will that do??

prezz

I killed a member of the guild, they kicked me out, i gave them gold and they let me back in. I go to talk to brynjolf and he still says the same thing. This sucks....

Stuntbabex

I've been trying for days now to work around this bug but I can't I finished all the side quests and returned the guild to full power (including barenziah's crown) BEFORE finishing the main quest line and Under New Management still won't activate. I have tried everything. I tried curing my vampirism, I tried getting the crown after finishing the main quest line, I tried activating the quest in console, but nothing. Brynjolf still tells me he's busy. I tried attacking guild members, I tried teleporting Karliah to Nightingale Hall from Snowveil Sanctum but that doesn't work either.

The worst part is that the new beta patch (1.4.15) doesn't even fix this problem either! Seriously, this is ruining the game for me. I really was enjoying it up until this point. All that hard work for nothing.

prezz

I completely agree. Ive played and loved everything about this game and since this has happened i have no motivation to play at all. Ive beat the game but restoring the thieves guild would open another world for me. Not to mention, as you stated stuntbabe, ive put alot of time into POINTLESS side quests.. done like a friggin million of em.. so i feel a little betrayed. My city im always in is riften and the guild was perfect for the way i play. Not being able to maximize potential is disheartening and i wont be playin until this is fixed. But it probably wont.

Arktic_Spyder

The worst part is that the new beta patch (1.4.15) doesn't even fix this problem either! Seriously, this is ruining the game for me. I really was enjoying it up until this point. All that hard work for nothing.
Well, its still in the beta phase so I'm sure they're still attempting to fix the issue. :)

Stuntbabex

Well, its still in the beta phase so I'm sure they're still attempting to fix the issue. :)

One more thing about the beta patch (and Im told it's not beta anymore starting today), is that I don't understand the notes where they mention "Under New Management". This is what it says:

"In Under New Management, if the player leaves the Oculory for an extended period of time after placing the focusing crystal and returns, the quest will proceed correctly"

I have done this quest on a different character already and from what I remember it's just a guild meeting and they dub you guild master. I have no idea about an Oculory and a focusing crystal. Is it possible there are two Under New Management quests in the game and this one is for the Mages Guild?

Dagmar

I'm not sure where you got that from but the official notes on the Bethesda Blog correctly refer to the quest as "Revealing the Unseen"

Stuntbabex

Ah, well I saw it on the patch notes that Bethesda posted on Steam. They were also on the UESP Wiki, but it's probably just a copy/paste error on their end. Sucks because I got all excited for a second, thinking they fixed it. I'll probably just have to create a new character. Wish I was a coder so I could figure out something in console.

Benor

Benor.
Happened to me too... The chest is infront of his desk and everything. But in my case he (brynjolf) if NO WHERE to be found...

Silence

On my first char I have done a turdload of those restore the guild quests, and just figured I hadn't choosen the right ones to progress, but now I realize it's def the glitch. Sux, way to ruin my first playthrough Beth. >.>

Harvel

It is April of 2013 and that quest and "patch" still doesn't work...completed every quest in the game and saved the thieves guild for last...nothing...what the hell bethesda...STOP MAKING GLITCHY GAMES!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts