Please HELP! Purity bug (Vilkas wont talk!)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

jarif

Im trying to finish purity quest but... i wasnt aware that i had to do Farkas before Vulkas purity and im trying to get rid of him. I activate the flames, kill the wolf spirit but the quest journal says talk to Vilkas and he wont talk to me!! theres no options to interactive with him
I dont have a save file before the quest because i had vilkas already following me when i saved :sadface:
the only solution i have found is to Kill farkas and vilkas then the purity quest dissapears and usep is no help at all. I dont have PC - (i have PS3) so no console commands :sadface:
How do i get Vilkas to talk?? Please help!

JoeReese

My gf just had this problem the other day. She solved it (ps3) by leaving again and doing some other mundane mission, then coming back to Vilkas afterward.

I, on the other hand, can't get any of them to ask for purity...no dialog other than "follow me" and "looking for work." I managed to cure the old man, post-mortem, but that's it.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
My gf just had this problem the other day. She solved it (ps3) by leaving again and doing some other mundane mission, then coming back to Vilkas afterward.

I, on the other hand, can't get any of them to ask for purity...no dialog other than "follow me" and "looking for work." I managed to cure the old man, post-mortem, but that's it.
You need to have a Glenmoril Witch Head in your inventory when you talk to either one of the brothers.

JoeReese

Hmmm...I have four of them left, but now you have me wondering whether I stuck them in a drawer before
or after I tried. Thank you...I am going to dig them out and try again.

JoeReese

Ok, I approached Farkas and Vilkas with the 4 remaining witch heads. I still couldn't get the dialog right away, but after a few missions for each, they finally opened up. I guess you must have to do a certain number of missions for them first.

Incidentally, I took Farkas to the tomb, activated the pillar thing, fought the wolf, and he was cured. Out of curiosity, I tried to cure myself and it allowed me to do so, but I still had 3 witch heads left, when I thought I should have been down to two. I went back and got Vilkas, took him back there, cured him, and still have 3 witch heads remaining. Not too shabby. Now the only one who won't dialog is Alea, but I'm told she doesn't want to anyway.

jarif

Ok, I approached Farkas and Vilkas with the 4 remaining witch heads. I still couldn't get the dialog right away, but after a few missions for each, they finally opened up. I guess you must have to do a certain number of missions for them first.

Incidentally, I took Farkas to the tomb, activated the pillar thing, fought the wolf, and he was cured. Out of curiosity, I tried to cure myself and it allowed me to do so, but I still had 3 witch heads left, when I thought I should have been down to two. I went back and got Vilkas, took him back there, cured him, and still have 3 witch heads remaining. Not too shabby. Now the only one who won't dialog is Alea, but I'm told she doesn't want to anyway.
this answer helped a bit but thanks! :) keep pressing buttons for the dialogue to show like a boaws!

jarif

i actually this isnt really useful because i have no literally dialogue to end the quest

Sorry for the translation of google. I'll share how I solved the Vilkas bug, the bug that made it impossible to start a conversation with him or pickpocket him, because it was like I was pressing the E key in the air, even making the same noise. (Remember I was able to talk to Farkas and make the quest purify him normally) I did the following steps:
1- First I attacked him until he attacked again, so I made him follow me to the Underforge, I entered into it, and went out to Skyrim through it, I went down where possible, and with lightning magic I managed to kill disintegrating him.
2- After that I used the command Player.PlaceAtMe 0001A694, creating a copy of it.
Even so, this new Vilkas did not offer me the Purify mission, so I called him to follow me, I went to the Ysgramor Tomb with him and the witches' heads in my inventory, I pressed And in the fire and it worked, I healed my lycanthropy. I hope you do too! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts