Playstation 4 Announcement Today

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hotty Squirrel

GENOCIDE JUNKIE!
Please be more specific on how Sony is dying slowly. You are aware that they do more than just make video game hardware and software, right? It's hard to accurately judge a console before it's even hit the market yet. Will the PS4 have issues upon it's release? Most likely. The more advanced consoles become, the more problems they are going to have.

As for the Vita, it's a great little handheld. The only thing that is hurting it, is the lack of games. As predicted the 3DS is crushing the Vita. In reality, no surprise there.

I think if any company has to worry, it's Microsoft. They are still the babies of this industry. And I'm eagerly waiting to see if they fluffk things up. The PS4 has already been confirmed that it will play used games and won't require a constant internet connection. Guess what? Those two things alone swing me in Sony's favor for the next generation.
Yeah because thats exactly what i said "ALL THEY DO IS MAKE VIDEO GAMES" i didn't say anything like that whatsoever.... and i never said anything that the next console was gonna fail, i said they have stupid marketing strategies if you saw the conference that they held. I'm not gonna get into this, im not gonna get into a stupid console war because i dont care who gets on top i rather see everyone happy playing video games then bitch about stupid stuff.

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Yeah because thats exactly what i said "ALL THEY DO IS MAKE VIDEO GAMES" i didn't say anything like that whatsoever.... and i never said anything that the next console was gonna fail, i said they have stupid marketing strategies if you saw the conference that they held. I'm not gonna get into this, im not gonna get into a stupid console war because i dont care who gets on top i rather see everyone happy playing video games then bitch about stupid stuff.

Who said I was getting into a console war? I like all consoles, no matter how much they failed. The thing is, your posts make no sense. Yes, marketing can increase sales or decrease them. However, it doesn't make or a break a console. As I said, it's hard to judge how a console will do when it's not even released. We don't even know what the PS4 is going to look like.

You are just making wild claims to make it look like you know what you are talking about.

Oren74

I would hope that a dedicated game system would be able to blow any PC out of the water. If not, then why not just buy the PC?

Because PCs get out of date, and plops just constantly doesn't work. Plus I'm stuck using a Mouse and Keyboard...sitting on a computer chair vs. a bluetooth wireless controller from the comfort of my couch.

Oh, and I can turn the PS3 on from my couch with my controlled and get in game in a minute...I don't have to boot up the computer...then launch the game, then have something weird happen like McAfee remind me for the 1 million'th time to update my virus software...Oh, I can play my PS3 on my 65" HD TV and my computer game on a little screen.

And last? The graphics are the SAME....unless I dish out $1,000's for a top end PC that will be middle of the road in 2-3 years if not sooner.

Hope that answers your question

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Because PCs get out of date, and pl*** just constantly doesn't work. Plus I'm stuck using a Mouse and Keyboard...sitting on a computer chair vs. a bluetooth wireless controller from the comfort of my couch.

Oh, and I can turn the PS3 on from my couch with my controlled and get in game in a minute...I don't have to boot up the computer...then launch the game, then have something weird happen like McAfee remind me for the 1 million'th time to update my virus software...Oh, I can play my PS3 on my 65" HD TV and my computer game on a little screen.

And last? The graphics are the SAME....unless I dish out $1,000's for a top end PC that will be middle of the road in 2-3 years if not sooner.

Hope that answers your question

To be fair, you can hook up most computers to a TV and get a controller. However, the points about the constant dishing out of cash are accurate. PCs go out of date a lot quicker than consoles. Remember, the 360 was released in 2005 and the PS3 in 2006. And now the next generation is on it's way. That's a good 7-8 years where the 360 and PS3 were current generation. And even when the new consoles are released it take a couple more years before the transition from the previous generation to the new one.

It's a fact that consoles simply have more 'shelf life' than PCs. Hence their overall appeal. They also drop in price as they age, where a PC has to be upgraded constantly and as already said, drains your wallet.

Oren74

To be fair, you can hook up most computers to a TV and get a controller.

Agreed...but it's such a PITA and I feel like I need to be an I.T. pro to make it happen. I'm pretty savvy with computers but I've noticed in my advanced age where as a father of two, my time and $$$ is so limited, I want my gaming experience to such that everything just works.

And I know, irony that I play a ton of Skyrim, which crashes more than any game i've ever played, but that's besides the point :)

jaomile

Maybe you will finally be able to play games like Crysis 1 which came out on PC 5 yars ago. And even with next consoles won't be able to play in resolutions higher than 1080p. I am not a fanboy but you make PC look like crap compared to consoles when it is (if you take out the cost) vice versa. And pluging PC to TV is same as pluging it to any other monitor. And PC exclusives (Guild Wars 2, Starcraft series and my favourite Total War series) are better than console exclusives (although I like how Halo, God of War, Metal Gear Solid look).

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
Maybe you will finally be able to play games like Crysis 1 which came out on PC 5 yars ago. And even with next consoles won't be able to play in resolutions higher than 1080p. I am not a fanboy but you make PC look like crap compared to consoles when it is (if you take out the cost) vice versa. And pluging PC to TV is same as pluging it to any other monitor. And PC exclusives (Guild Wars 2, Starcraft series and my favourite Total War series) are better than console exclusives (although I like how Halo, God of War, Metal Gear Solid look).

No one is making the PC look like crap compared to the consoles. Some folks just prefer to have consoles over a PC. And I don't understand the resolution argument, is it supposed to be impressive? Because in the grand scheme of things, who gives a plops besides fanboys/fangirls. I still play retro games, high end graphics mean very little to an actual gamer.

And I would have to disagree about the exclusives. The consoles offer way more choices for me in the way of games. Some titles never even make an appearance onto the PC, Red Dead Redemption being a prime example. And games that exclusive to Sony will never see a PC release.

The PC isn't inferior, but I don't feel consoles are either. They are options. For the gamer to weigh what the pros and cons of each are and decide where to put in their hard earned money.

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
I haven't been looking at any vid's or reading rumors. All i hope for, is Ps4 to run Ps3 games. So i can play my Skyrim and dishonored.

Ritterkreuz

I haven't been looking at any vid's or reading rumors. All i hope for, is Ps4 to run Ps3 games. So i can play my Skyrim and dishonored.

From everything I've read, it won't. The system will be all about new games and being social. Being one of those people who hates online gaming, I was pretty disappointed by the announcement of the PS4's features.

mamali

i don't like online stuff too . cuz i don't have good internet , from next generation consoles i'll buy the one which needs less internet . if both require internet , then i'll go back to PC gaming

higgi07

My GTX 670's in SLI + i7 3930k @ 4.7ghz will crap all over a ps4 for its entire shelf life. I have nothing against console gamers, but when people think that a console will ever be more powerfull than a proper gaming pc they are just kidding themselves on. I am happy people have a new console to play on though, helps the pc world move on as well as old gen console ports will be a thing of the past. Imagine how Skyrim could've looked on pc...

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
My GTX 670's in SLI + i7 3930k @ 4.7ghz will crap all over a ps4 for its entire shelf life. I have nothing against console gamers, but when people think that a console will ever be more powerfull than a proper gaming pc they are just kidding themselves on. I am happy people have a new console to play on though, helps the pc world move on as well as old gen console ports will be a thing of the past. Imagine how Skyrim could've looked on pc...

All I see is someone who is trying to validate themselves by stating they are a PC gamer. Honestly, I don't care if my consoles can't match up to your PC. I don't have the space, money, or time to deal with a PC, consoles make things easy for someone like me. Also I'm a collector. I want to own every console ever created at some point.

And I don't get your last comment. Are you saying Skyrim would have looked better had it been made exclusively for the PC? Who cares? I'm tired of so called gamers caring only about graphics and not about gameplay or story.

higgi07

All I see is someone who is trying to validate themselves by stating they are a PC gamer. Honestly, I don't care if my consoles can't match up to your PC. I don't have the space, money, or time to deal with a PC, consoles make things easy for someone like me. Also I'm a collector. I want to own every console ever created at some point.

And I don't get your last comment. Are you saying Skyrim would have looked better had it been made exclusively for the PC? Who cares? I'm tired of so called gamers caring only about graphics and not about gameplay or story.
How am I trying to validate myself? I'm not asking if people care that a console can't match a pc I just hate ignorance. I own a sega and xbox 360 and still like to play them both. And I meant in my last comment that if the new consoles were out at the time of skyrims release, the game would not have been held back as much because of old console hardware restrictions, it would have been awesome for everyone to see what it could have been like. Not just graphically but gameplay and immersion. I meant no offense.

mamali

i have xbox360 but gaming with a powerful PC is much better than xbox . nice and short !

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
How am I trying to validate myself? I'm not asking if people care that a console can't match a pc I just hate ignorance. I own a sega and xbox 360 and still like to play them both. And I meant in my last comment that if the new consoles were out at the time of skyrims release, the game would not have been held back as much because of old console hardware restrictions, it would have been awesome for everyone to see what it could have been like. Not just graphically but gameplay and immersion. I meant no offense.

But, Skyrim was released on the current generation of consoles. That's just the way it is. I feel that the PS3 and 360 are amazing in the graphics department, as well as other areas. In truth, I'm none too impressed with the next generation. Nothing has sparked my interest in getting a Wii U and until the PS4 is actually released I won't even consider buying it. Most new consoles are riddled with bugs and issues upon release. I'm sure the PS4 will be one of them.

mamali

But, Skyrim was released on the current generation of consoles. That's just the way it is. I feel that the PS3 and 360 are amazing in the graphics department, as well as other areas. In truth, I'm none too impressed with the next generation. Nothing has sparked my interest in getting a Wii U and until the PS4 is actually released I won't even consider buying it. Most new consoles are riddled with bugs and issues upon release. I'm sure the PS4 will be one of them.

i won't buy them in the first year , they will be so expensive and buggy ....

higgi07

But, Skyrim was released on the current generation of consoles. That's just the way it is.
I am aware it is released, I've spent over 600 hours being aware of it infact. And yes the consoles will be buggy but things like that will get fixed in time. I will definitely be buying the new xbox anyway for forza and I'll buy the new ps4 if they make another Metal Gear Solid. Games make the platform worth buying IMO

Doctor Langstrom

I want to be FEARED!
I am aware it is released, I've spent over 600 hours being aware of it infact. And yes the consoles will be buggy but things like that will get fixed in time. I will definitely be buying the new xbox anyway for forza and I'll buy the new ps4 if they make another Metal Gear Solid. Games make the platform worth buying IMO

You must have a lot of cash to burn, not everyone does. I wait a good couple of years before dropping cash down on a new console. Hell, this generation, I waited for the slim models of both the 360 and the PS3. Cheaper and more efficient.

higgi07

You must have a lot of cash to burn, not everyone does. I wait a good couple of years before dropping cash down on a new console. Hell, this generation, I waited for the slim models of both the 360 and the PS3. Cheaper and more efficient.
The slim models are much nicer. The original xbox 360 was sooo noisy. And I don't have a lot of cash to burn, I work hard for the things a want because I work to live not live to work.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts