• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Just something that came to my mind.

Most vampire characters are Vampire Lords, and are played as a sort-of vampiric royalty and an unstoppable unholy destroyer of all living things.

I just thought, has anyone of you ever tried to RP a feral vampire? You know, get sanguinare vampiris from a random vampire, and then stalk around and feed in secret, never joining the Volkihar? I guess the RP would be quite different to the standard vampire lord one.

I imagine this kind of gameplay could be really cool if you could actually start your own coven, turning random bandits to thralls, or even vampires. You could then set up a lair somewhere, and... well, the options are limitless, really. If we could do that, that is...

What are your thoughts?

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
From what I was reading in the Skyrim Bible, the powers don't really vary between the two types. The main variable is the Vampire Lord powers and the fabu castle. :)
Its RP you could roleplay as being a peasant thinblood something I might do right now any ideas?

Pete

Normally I like to be hated by the dawnguard, so I do the vampire lord quests long enough to be a member. If my character is going join a guild, I then skip the rest of the dawngaurd quest lines.

If I were to go feral, I'd ask myself - what's my motivation / style?
  • Haunt the roads at night
  • Pick on bandit camps
  • Normal Character with a secret
  • Refrain from fame or fortune
  • Terrorize a town
  • Follower killer
  • Death if caught (no prison, no bounties)
  • No guilds, etc. Main quest line / misc quests only
  • No armor, 1H and Vamp Drain
  • Never use shouts
For me these characters get boring. I like the backstabbing, power hungry, deceitful, traitorous play. I also use a mod the gives you the regular 4 stages again, with 4 being hated, and sneak feeding that can kill and/or create a thrall.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
First off I'd be sure to get infected :) (if I'm RPing, I'd want to be infected by one of the higher level ferrals: example: Movarth Piquine or Vighar)
Then I'd find a lair of my own (there are a few caves that you could use that would work well that do not respawn: example: Blind Cliff Cave)

With any luck, you'll have already been working on your conjuration skills and you can pick up thralls along the way.

I would determine what I want to accomplish (other than just general destruction and mayhem) and move on from there.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
I imagine this kind of gameplay could be really cool if you could actually start your own coven, turning random bandits to thralls, or even vampires. You could then set up a lair somewhere, and... well, the options are limitless, really. If we could do that, that is...

What are your thoughts?

I absolutely agree with you on this. If I could do those types of things, I would. I'd definitely pick a cool cave and get a few thralls going on. It kind of sucks that you can't make people your thralls.... unless you do those certain quests in Dawnguard (vamp side). It would be really cool if you could decorate it too, like a torture chamber, bloody rages with bodies on the table, a cellar for thralls specifically used for feeding you and your vampire cohorts. But that's definitely asking for way too much :sadface:

But as far as the way it is now.... it doesn't really do much for me. I just don't feel that there is enough involved for me to build a truly interesting character out of it. I mean I get the concept, just not for me unless there were more options to it, like turning random NPC's and the likes.

tx12001

I RP as a feral Vampire it was very fun for the time it lasted

this is how I RP as one.

1. I Made my character ugly enough to fit the role of feral Vampire
2. I Contracted Sanguinare Vampiris and became a common thinblood
3. I hid in a Clearing till Nighttime where I would stalk the Whiterun plains throughout the night
4. I killed enemies with my Hands and did not use a weapon only Vampric Drain
5. I only wore ragged trousers

As I use better Vampires I had additional benefits such as being out in direct sunlight equaled death within 5 seconds
and I only possessed the weakest of the Vampires powers

Daelon DuLac

I RP as a feral Vampire it was very fun for the time it lasted

this is how I RP as one.

1. I Made my character ugly enough to fit the role of feral Vampire
2. I Contracted Sanguinare Vampiris and became a common thinblood
3. I hid in a Clearing till Nighttime where I would stalk the Whiterun plains throughout the night
4. I killed enemies with my Hands and did not use a weapon only Vampric Drain
5. I only wore ragged trousers

As I use better Vampires I had additional benefits such as being out in direct sunlight equaled death within 5 seconds
and I only possessed the weakest of the Vampires powers
Now that's Feral!

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim
I've done this style of RP countless times. Next to purely Hunter RP, this is my favorite style.

Cherry

I've done this style of RP countless times. Next to purely Hunter RP, this is my favorite style.

Interesting. How exactly do you play such a character? (Talking of the vampire, always looking for ideas)

tx12001

Most vampire characters are Vampire Lords, and are played as a sort-of vampiric royalty and an unstoppable unholy destroyer of all living things.

I just thought, has anyone of you ever tried to RP a feral vampire? You know, get sanguinare vampiris from a random vampire, and then stalk around and feed in secret, never joining the Volkihar? I guess the RP would be quite different to the standard vampire lord one.

What are your thoughts?
I can do it the combination of AFT and Better Vampires allows for such gameplay turning any idiot dumb enough to challenge a vampire into one themselves and then use AFT to tell them where to live

did I mention I attacked anyone and anything I came into contact with even animals as well as people and then devoured whatever consumable meat they had on their possesion

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim

What are your thoughts?
I can do it the combination of AFT and Better Vampires allows for such gameplay turning any idiot dumb enough to challenge a vampire into one themselves and then use AFT to tell them where to live

did I mention I attacked anyone and anything I came into contact with even animals as well as people and then devoured whatever consumable meat they had on their possesion
When my PC was running, I had Better Vampires installed too. Such an awesome Mod. I love the ability to turn everyone I feed on into vampires. That and with the UFO Mod, you can create a true Army of the Damned! I raided the Dawnguard fortress with about 7 vampires! Ah, I miss PC... :sadface:

tx12001

What are your thoughts?
what do you mean most vampire characters are vampire lords not sure you noticed but Harkon Serana and Valerica are the only VLs as well as yourself if you choose to become one

Daelon DuLac

What are your thoughts?
what do you mean most vampire characters are vampire lords not sure you noticed but Harkon Serana and Valerica are the only VLs as well as yourself if you choose to become one
I don't think any of the Vokahir other than those 3 are. At least I've never seen one do anything like that. Anyone else know otherwise? My current Ingin has a backstory re becoming a Daughter of Coldharbor through her Clan, so this seems like the only way to actually get the powers.

tx12001

What are your thoughts?
I don't think any of the Vokahir other than those 3 are. At least I've never seen one do anything like that. Anyone else know otherwise? My current Ingin has a backstory re becoming a Daughter of Coldharbor through her Clan, so this seems like the only way to actually get the powers.
think about this Harkon only turns you into a VL for returning his daughter and an Elder scroll not to mention I highly doubt Ronthil is a Vampire lord and its the reason you become leader of the castle after you kill Harkon your a lord they are not.

Daelon DuLac

think about this Harkon only turns you into a VL for returning his daughter and an Elder scroll not to mention I highly doubt Ronthil is a Vampire lord and its the reason you become leader of the castle after you kill Harkon your a lord they are not.
Kill Harkon! Kill Harkon! And I was just going to be a lacky... NOT!

tx12001

Kill Harkon! Kill Harkon! And I was just going to be a lacky... NOT!
also why does he try to kill you? simple he learned that he should have never created another Vampire Lord as another VL could challenge his Authority and he learned that 2 soon and look where it got him....A pile of red ash of the cathedral floor

Punz

Dark Lord of Skyrim

Interesting. How exactly do you play such a character? (Talking of the vampire, always looking for ideas)
For my feral vampires, I slowly degrade them into monsters. I don't go fullblown blood thirsty demon once the character has turned. I gauge that by the stages a vampire goes through (1 -4). Once they are blood starved and attacked by the villagers, that's when I start to strip away their mortality. I have them only move around at night and "live" wherever they want, be it in a cave or an abandon house. They sneak into towns to feed when they have reached Stage 4 only. As far as clothing and weapons, it's whatever they can get their hands on. Fast travel is not allowed. I keep quests to a minimum.

That's basically it. Since it's a RP, I always have a back-story and motive behind the character, which constantly evolves as the story or situation plays out.

Cherry

For my feral vampires, I slowly degrade them into monsters. I don't go fullblown blood thirsty demon once the character has turned. I gauge that by the stages a vampire goes through (1 -4). Once they are blood starved and attacked by the villagers, that's when I start to strip away their mortality. I have them only move around at night and "live" wherever they want, be it in a cave or an abandon house. They sneak into towns to feed when they have reached Stage 4 only. As far as clothing and weapons, it's whatever they can get their hands on. Fast travel is not allowed. I keep quests to a minimum.

That's basically it. Since it's a RP, I always have a back-story and motive behind the character, which constantly evolves as the story or situation plays out.

Thanks, gave me some inspiration.

@ tx12001

When I said most vampire characters are vampire lords, I was talking about player-characters, not NPCs

Sparky04

I'm actually doing something like this. Instead of starting a coven though, she's going to keep a low profile. Live in the woods and feed when necessary. She's going to be more adventurer with a secret though. I wouldn't do the main quest if I was you. You probably also would want to live in a shack or a cave.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts