Review Playable Races Height(s) in Feet/Inches?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Drakkar

I've always wondered how tall the playable races in the Elder Scrolls series have been, and since in the construction box they are based on a 1.0 scale, than we can only assume or guess what the starting value of 1.0 is. So I'm curious on what the community here thinks, and why!

My guess:

Altmer: 6'8"
Bosmer: 5'7"
Dunmer: 6'0"
Breton: 6'0"
Imperial: 6'0"
Nord: 6'5"
Orc: 6'5" 1/2
Argonian: 6'2" 1/2
Khajit: 6'1"
Redguard: 6'2"

Knatty Dreadnok

Sword & Sorcery, Sandals & Sex
I think your scale is off. The only ones we agree on are Altmer and Bosmer. If you read the lore... it states that most races are of average height. Generally speaking and Skyrim is dealing with generalities when it comes to race height, the average height is approximately 5'9". Which is similar to the real world. Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia That being said, based on this chart Skyrim:Races - UESPWiki they use values which are a ratio to a standard benchmark. So if conventional wisdom holds any merit, we should start with the races of average height then add or subtract an inch (for some even an extra 1/2 inch) to the other races height.

Altmer (both genders) - 6'8"
Argonian Male - 5'10"
Argonian Female- 5'9"
Bosmer Male - 5'7''
Bosmer Female - 5'8"
Breton Male - 5'9"
Breton Female - 5'4''
Dunmer (both genders) - 5'9"
Imperial (both genders)- 6'0"
Khajiit Male - 5'9"
Khajiit Female - 5'4''
Nord (both genders)- 6'0''
Orc (both genders) - 6'1"1/2
Redguard Male - 5'9"1/2
Redguard Female - 5'9"

P.S.
There are always exceptions to the rule mind you. Example, General Tulius comes to mind. He is an Imperial but he's no taller than the average female Bosmer (give or take). Lastly also take into account that height sometimes glitches when using certain races. With a little research on the net you can read about random accounts of this. I can vouch from personal experience that my Redguard grew (at some point) without the use of a console command to the height of an average Nord. At the beginning of the game Aela was looking down at my player and after about 40+ hours they were staring at each other eye to eye. In third person respectively.

Adam Belmont

I think your scale is off. The only ones we agree on are Altmer and Bosmer. If you read the lore... it states that most races are of average height. Generally speaking and Skyrim is dealing with generalities when it comes to race height, the average height is approximately 5'9". Which is similar to the real world. Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia That being said, based on this chart Skyrim:Races - UESPWiki they use values which are a ratio to a standard benchmark. So if conventional wisdom holds any merit, we should start with the races of average height then add or subtract an inch (for some even an extra 1/2 inch) to the other races height.

Argonian Male - 5'10"
Argonian Female- 5'9"
Bosmer Male - 5'7''
Bosmer Female - 5'8"
Breton Male - 5'9"
Breton Female - 5'4''
Khajiit Male - 5'9"
Khajiit Female - 5'4''
Redguard Male - 5'9"1/2
Redguard Female - 5'9"

P.S.
There are always exceptions to the rule mind you. Example, General Tulius comes to mind. He is an Imperial but he's no taller than the average female Bosmer (give or take). Lastly also take into account that height sometimes glitches when using certain races. With a little research on the net you can read about random accounts of this. I can vouch from personal experience that my Redguard grew (at some point) without the use of a console command to the height of an average Nord. At the beginning of the game Aela was looking down at my player and after about 40+ hours they were staring at each other eye to eye. In third person respectively.
I think you hit the bullseye, well done!

Ritterkreuz

I sometimes feel like my Dragonborn always looks a little shorter than other members of his race, but that could all just be in my head.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
I always thought that bosmer were like 5 foot lol, surely an Altmer is at least a foot and a half taller than a Bosmer.

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I always thought a Nord would be a bit taller than an Imperial. Interesting.

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.

Knatty Dreadnok

Well theoretically Nords should typically be taller than Imperials (and generally speaking so should most males on average than females) but according to the base height they're the same. The ratio/height scale Bethesda chose to design & follow generally speaking makes very little sense. People no matter what race vary in size and shape. To cop out and make them generally all the same height based on race with very little variation is either a lack of insight or just plain laziness on their part. Perhaps they had a time constraint, I don't know. Personally I would have preferred to see more diversity among groups with an emphasis on various phenotype(s) and body structures but the game is still EPIC in my book.

Dallas-Arbiter

Argonian Male - 5'10"
Argonian Female- 5'9"
Bosmer Male - 5'7''
Bosmer Female - 5'8"
Breton Male - 5'9"
Breton Female - 5'4''
Khajiit Male - 5'9"
Khajiit Female - 5'4''
Redguard Male - 5'9"1/2
Redguard Female - 5'9"

P.S.

If you use the console or the CK, you'll find out the various races scales are as follows (also, both Genders of each race in Skyrim ARE the same height) If the average height is 5'10" this is what it should look like:

Altmer 1.08---7'1"
Orc 1.04---6'6"
Nord 1.03---6'4"
Imperial 1.00---5'10"
Redguard 1.00---5'10"
Dunmer 1.00---5'10"
Bosmer 1.00---5'10"
Argonian 1.00---5'10"
Kajiit 1.00---5'10"
Breton .95---5'5"

Knatty Dreadnok

If you use the console or the CK, you'll find out the various races scales are as follows (also, both Genders of each race in Skyrim ARE the same height) If the average height is 5'10" this is what it should look like:

Altmer 1.08---7'1"
Orc 1.04---6'6"
Nord 1.03---6'4"
Imperial 1.00---5'10"
Redguard 1.00---5'10"
Dunmer 1.00---5'10"
Bosmer 1.00---5'10"
Argonian 1.00---5'10"
Kajiit 1.00---5'10"
Breton .95---5'5"

The average height isn't 5'10", it's 5'9" and those figures from http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Races were from the console and most race genders are the same height but not all. I've explained this above already. As I said before there are "exceptions."

Jdubb

He said "if" the average height was 5'10. He didn't say it was the average height. The Nords should be taller than the imperials based off the scale. The rest I agree with.

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
Wow I just was curious lol I didn't think I would find a conversation about it. But now I really want to know what the heights are

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts