1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Piracy

Discussion in 'Skyrim Mods' started by Enomer, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Enomer

Enomer Member

```

• Bad Manners Bad Manners x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #1 Enomer, Jul 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. Hermaeus_Mora

I suggest you buy the game and don't blame Nexus. After all, you ARE illegal and such big communities can get high fines for supporting pirates.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Raijin

Raijin A Mage that loves a Templar

Dude don't tell me that you were surprise to see that Skyrim Nexus banned you right after you confess of owning a pirated version of Skyrim. That's like going to the police department, and telling them that you've robbed a bank without realizing the consequences might take place soon after. Skyrim Nexus has a zero tolerance towards piracy, and takes their policy very seriously.

If you want some advice first start by uninstalling the stolen version of Skyrim, and then go get yourself a legal copy. The cheapest place to order yourself a legal copy, as far as I know of, is at Newegg Newegg.com - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC Game Bethesda Go order yourself a copy, and when you finally decide to play legal then ask us for help. If you continue to play on your illegal copy don't even bother asking us for help because we refuse to help out a thief.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Janus3003

Janus3003 Skyrim Marriage Counselor

I recommend you find yourself map that leads you to a hidden box that's all locked up with locks and buried deep away.
    Then, dig up the box (you see, it's filled with precious booty), burst open the locks, and then you'll say "HOORAY!"

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Dabiene Caristiana

Dabiene Caristiana Your friendly neighborhood weirdo

Janus, you just made my day.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Raijin

Raijin A Mage that loves a Templar

Janus thank you for putting that song into my head! I can't get rid of that song now.

Oh and all of the sudden I want to get rid of my dogs and get myself a couple of Macaws so I can train them to fly free, and have 'em come right back to me :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Omega Dragon

Omega Dragon Active Member

There's no difference in installing mods between any pirated and non-pirated game software and those saying otherwise have no clue about how cracks work. Mods do not behave any differently, whatsoever.

And though I would agree that the Nexus shouldn't bother banning people for something so trivial, it was amateurish of you to talk about it anyways. If I had to guess, I'd bet you only recently uncovered the scene and have been sheltered your whole life.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Enomer

Enomer Member

```

#8 Enomer, Jul 28, 2012
  9. Enomer

Enomer Member

```

#9 Enomer, Jul 28, 2012
  10. Enomer

Enomer Member

```

#10 Enomer, Jul 28, 2012
  11. Omega Dragon

Those I know with a "pirated" Skyrim client said otherwise when I asked last night, and for the +6 years I've paid attention the scene, it sounds naive on the part of whoever the modder is that came up with such a crazy idea. Hell, for what it's worth, Steam has seemingly made it easier to "pirate" video games.

Anyways, I don't see how people still use TPB. lol

12. Squirrel_killer-

Squirrel_killer- The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat

I say if they game is current don't pirate it. However who's going to complain about playing pirated versions of a game like Splinter Cell 1 for example? Or the original Mario bros? Out dated so much it's not even funny.

13. Spiral Power!

Spiral Power! Abenddrachen

That's even less excusable. Much older games are usually extremely cheap, there still isn't much of an excuse to pirate them.

The only real excuse I think exists is if it's otherwise completely unavailable, or far, far, far too expensive in its available form. For instance, if you wanted to play .hack//Infection, you could pay $120 to get it used off of ebay, but IMO that's just crazy.

14. Mr1cammando

Well, who would you pay to buy an old game like that? Who sells those, and who makes the money?

15. Epic Keith

Epic Keith By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!

Why would you tell everyone you have a pirated versioN?

16. Omega Dragon

More often than not, people admitting to piracy on websites like the Nexus don't really understand what they're actually doing (pirates don't really bring the kind of stuff up), that what they're doing is often immoral and in some places illegal (whether or not it is or not legal/moral or should be is beyond the scope of my post and furthermore, it's beyond that same scope to pass judgment on the OP or anyone else for that matter). This brings me to my personal reasoning as to why it's just ridiculous to insta-ban over piracy and console modding topics.

In the case of console modding, as I've seen, people have been banned for asking about how to download mods from wherever to upload to their PS360 system, of course sometimes they don't mean hardware modding as such rules get enforced are defining it as. What they do mean is simply what they're asking, to which it should be better responded to that neither the PlayStation 3 nor the Xbox 360 are currently capable of mods.

In the case of piracy, is as I just previously mentioned - such people don't know any better. It's not that they know that piracy or the sort is against the rules themselves, but they don't know that they are usually pirating. Many of the piracy-related bans I've noticed at Nexus and similar websites tend to consist of someone just asking how they can download/torrent Skyrim.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Khaos the Argonian

I had a question, I too pirated Skyrim, but after a while of feeling contemptible and constant virus scans I'm just going to buy the game. If I get the game officially will I still be able to keep my old saves from the pirated version?

18. Aquillus

Aquillus Member

There's actually a simple way around the problem you're facing. It might be a little tricky, but there have been plenty of others like you who have told me that this easy to follow solution cleared up all their troubles. First and foremost, you're going to need to buy the game scumbag.

Problem solved. Hope this clarified your concerns. :p

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Omega Dragon

Yes, you should be able to.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Khaos the Argonian

Oh, excellent! Now off to delete this piece of crap.