Spoiler Perk Reset!! :) and Thoughts on DLC.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

ixtwistedxi

Zaki, Eating of Souls
Just finsished the new Dragonborn DLC and was pleasantly surprised to find that you can reset any skill trees for a cost of a single dragon soul. Most people probably knew this but I didn't read up on much with this DLC so I was well happy. With a level 81 Ninja dude I was getting bored and was going to start a mage when I finished the DLC but I will not have to now! Thank you Bethesda!

Ok now that I've finished up the story and most of the big side quests and discovered most of the features in the DLC (as far as I know!) I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed Dragonborn. Being a huge fan of Morrowind I was happy to return, although missing out on alot of the cooler eneimes from morrowind (Like Cliffracers ;D) the mosters and stuff in Apocrypha made up for it lol. Apocrypha caught me by surprise when reading the black book and I had a lot of fun battling through the Seekers and Lurkers and my face lit up when I found the Conjure Seeker spell (I love Conjuration), the Rewards from the Black books are cool but could have been better.
Now onto the armour... I have to admit Im loving the designs for the armor (apart from the Dragon masks) and Miraaks sword is defiantly my new favourite weapon design although not being able to enchant put me off a little and that the charge is too little. I'm a little disappointed that there are no black hoods but was happy to find the new robes (I like the Temple robe but the arms glitch out so I'm sticking with the stalhrim armour. I also like the new armour set bonus you get with deathbrand and would like to see that in the future DLC's.
The spells of Dragonborn weren't what I expected, and although there were only few the ones we got are pretty decent. I would've liked some more conjure spells like summon Netch as a master spell.
Dragon riding was a let down but I wasn't too keen on it in the first place (OP) and the dragon shouts were not brilliant. Solstheim was big but a little too similar to skyrim for my liking but I guess that's just how it is. All in all I liked the DLC. 8.5/10.
Just some thoughts... :)

Ps. was in a rush towards the end so read my comments below for some more opinions. :)

ThreeDawg

You posted this in the Dawnguard Forum Section btw. On the topic though, I am also very pleased about the perk reset option.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Yes, indeed I was very thrilled to see the perk reset thing as well. I immediately got rid of a few perks I regretted picking.

Dawnseeker

The black book rewards could have been better?! There are 7 books.

Spoilers

Conjure Merchant, Fusrodah disintegrates enemies/fire breath summons fire wyrm, companions take no friendly fire, spells cost no magicka for 30 secs, skills are 10% more effective, and so many others aren't good enough? Tough crowd.

As for magic, there is a new cloak that rag dolls enemies in melee range, a permanent guardian, conjure dagger, and ash rune off the top of my head.

And shouts- super-buff to everything, rag dolling whirlwind, mind control, and faster attacks for npcs. Don't seem to bad to me.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but are you sure you have seen all the rewards?

CaptMorgan72

I absolutely love Dragonborn, so many goodies. Solstheim was great, I remember it from Bloodmoon and seeing it in Skyrim's graphics is fantastic. Then the Morrowind music starts up and just makes me squeal like a school girl. I was walking around thinking I should be seeing werewolves, thinking about Bloodmoon and then I meet the "pack" and my desire was answered. Yep, I absolutely love this dlc.

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
I love Solstheim. I spend more time there than in Skyrim. I absolutely love that island. :)

Perk resets are awesome. I cleared some unwanted ones to try out the Necromage perk (which I've never done, honestly). Holy crap, Volkihar vampires are effin beast! Even at only level 48, they're one handed attacks do like 2.25x more damage than any follower lol. I didn't like the moaning though :O I found a male Volkihar vampire last night and thought I'd mix things up, so I thralled him and every time we changed cells, the jerk would attack me T_T So I said screw it and went looking for more thralls. Surprisingly, I found two female Volkihar vampries that don't moan! That made my night. They're almost invincible if you upgrade their armor and give them some high tier one handed weapons. So yes, all that was possible (without starting a new game) all thanks to the perk reset feature. Thank you Bethesda, you've managed to do some things right lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts