Performance Mods [ Wanted ]

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zelyix

My computer is not the best in the world, but I am able to run Skyrim smoothly on Medium settings, but I would really like to play on Ultra or atleast on High, I was just wondering if there were any good performance mods out there to get a higher FPS? I know there were a .dll file for Oblivion and Fallout New Vegas, something like that would be nice to have for Skyrim.

realflow100

There is almost no difference whatsoever in performance between low and ultra settings
Only thing I can think of is turning shadows to low (or off)

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I did a quick googling and found these:
[REL] TESV Acceleration Layer - Bethesda Softworks Forums
Skyrim Performance PLUS at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
HiAlgoBoost FPS Performance Accelerator 2 at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community
ATTK SKSE Power Loader at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community has been removed

Take the time to read over each one and see which you think would be best, and if you can install more than one. Back up your Skyrim folder (normally C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim), and maybe also your saves folder (normally C:\Users\(computer name)\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Saves) just to be extra safe.

I would offer to try testing a few for you, but I have a pretty high end PC. I'm running a good 80+ mods, including a number of high res retextures, and I still run at 60+ FPS.

What I also recommend you try out is Realistic Lighting. Whenever I'm running it, things seem just a bit smoother to me. I don't know if it'd actually help performance out, but it's worth a shot since it's so easy to install with the Nexus Mod Manager.

Also, whether or not there's a difference in low and ultra settings, I suppose is doesn't matter too much? Extra performance is always good, hm? :D Besides, if you can increase your FPS and whatnot, you'll be able to use some mods if you like that idea.

Bubble Scrubber

there's a mod on the nexus called 'Gigantic Skyrim FPS Performance Patch' and its supposed to work pretty good.

Foehammer

I'm like you and have a semi-decent PC, but I'm still looking for more FPS. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread at one point, and I must say that the ATTK SKSE Power Loader and Skyrim Performance Plus mods work the best (at least for me). HiAlgoBoost makes my game look pretty pixelated, despite giving me a large FPS gain.

Something I used recently - a D3D9 fix originally for Fallout: New Vegas - works wonders for my Skyrim setup. It basically generates an optimized D3D9 file that works for pretty much any game. Check this thread for more information if you want to check it out. When you go to download it, make sure you get the "optional" D3D9Gen file.

Good luck!

Jason2112

Attk Power Loader ... Has it's own site now and the shareware Skyrim files can be downloaded from there.

Attkpowerloader.com ... Better then ever!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts