• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Cloth? Yes. Fog? Yes (although I couldn’t find a video after a quick search).

As I wrote, Havok can do about 90% of the things that PhysX can do. When PhysX was first released it had way more features that Havok could not do at the time, that is true. Nowadays, however, Havok has caught up and is pretty much as good as PhysX but way more compatible for a wider variety of rigs.

Cole

Mythik
Cloth? Yes. Fog? Yes (although I couldn’t find a video after a quick search).

As I wrote, Havok can do about 90% of the things that PhysX can do. When PhysX was first released it had way more features that Havok could not do at the time, that is true. But nowadays Havok has caught up and is pretty much as good as PhysX but way more compatible for a wider variety of rigs.
Oh that's awesome. Is Havok always turned on? Or would i have to go into the graphic settings to change that? I want my GTX 580 to do work and make the game look as good as it can lol.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
That depends on the game. But it wouldn’t be in the graphic settings, I think, since it has nothing to do with the graphics card.

Cole

Mythik
Oh, aight. Learning lol.
Do you know a good game that implements Havok a lot?
And Will Skyrim do that you think too?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Skyrim will use Havok (or at least parts of it), yes. Do I know a good game that implements Havok a lot? From the top of my head “Half-Life 2” comes to mind.

Cole

Mythik
Aight, thanks. :)
I'll just wait till Skyrim, I don't want to play any other game except MW3 and Skyrim lol.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Requiments arent so bad after all. It could be way much heavier. For example recommended specs for Witcher 2 are:

* Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66 GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 245e 2.9 GHz
* 2 GB RAM (XP) and 4GB (Vista/7)
* Nvidia GTS 450 or AMD/ATI Radeon HD 4850

It's good that consoles limits crazy pace of hardware updating. Now, we don't lose so much money and don't have to update our PC bi-annually.

Cole

Mythik
It is nice that I don't have to update my computer every couple months just so I can play the games that are coming out. That would be un godly expensive x.x

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
When graphic cards came out and pc still had it's own differing style from consoles, that was basically what happened. If you didn't update your hardware annually, rig became old and you couldn't play almost anything new what was released. Hah, I still remember how I used to play BG2 and admire it's awesome graphics.

Cole

Mythik
I remember back when I though Duck Hunter was amazing and real looking lol. Now we have games like Witcher 2 and Skyrim that are like video game gods and the games back then being the peasants lol

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
I remember back when I though Duck Hunter was amazing and real looking lol. Now we have games like Witcher 2 and Skyrim that are like video game gods and the games back then being the peasants lol

Yeah, and Deus Ex had realistic graphics like none before had. *Technology has advanced in a fast pace. Maybe we live long enough to see virtual rooms simulating ´real life´ and fantasy worlds.

Wolf

Hello, is it tea you're looking for?
Geez, I think my computer is just over the minimum requirement >_<

Cole

Mythik
Geez, I think my computer is just over the minimum requirement >_<
It's not to difficult to upgrade it quickly and easily for very cheap. Go to newegg.com or Tigerdirect.com and you can find some nice graphics cards for very cheap, along with power supplies and RAM. If you need a new motherboard though, In my case, I wouldn't bother then, just because everything's attached to it. I would be afraid I'd screw it up lol.

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Last year I had to buy a new rig, because my pc started to turn into a museum antique. Along with a new mobo (and, well, everything) I bought EVGA Geforce graphic card 460 SS. It's an overclocked version and I've been quite happy with it, so far.

Flamingtaco

If you bought your computer and graphics card within the last couple years for at least $700 combined, you can run it. If you're looking for an upgrade, what I did was buy a refurbished pc with the cpu I wanted on tiger direct because it came with windows 7 and I didn't have to bother assembling it. Then I bought a graphics card and a new power supply. It added up to $630 and I can max Crysis at 45 fps without overclocking. I bought everything from tigerdirect.com and I can vouch for that site.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
As a college student who lives abroad, I use a laptop to play games so I don't get the luxury to upgrade the computer I have. That's why I had to get a new laptop this summer JUST FOR SKYRIM. oh, and many other things but skyrim was one of the top reasons. :]

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
It is possible to upgrade your laptop's hardware, if you're not afraid of doing some soldering. Warranty will be ruined, but it doesn't matter if laptop is old enough. And probably it is, if you're upgrading.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I would if I was more experienced with soldering. I haven't gotten my head around computer hardwares all that much to do it too. Not to mention, it's pretty compact inside the laptop so I didn't feel like risking it :/ Also, having two portable computers comes in handy. Nevertheless, I'm glad I got a new computer and fits recommended specs for Skyrim. Not to mention, I won't have to worry about specs in a while

Jeruhmi

As a college student who lives abroad, I use a laptop to play games so I don't get the luxury to upgrade the computer I have. That's why I had to get a new laptop this summer JUST FOR SKYRIM. oh, and many other things but skyrim was one of the top reasons. :]
I'm sure there must be ways to upgrade laptop parts!

Flamingtaco

There are, like he said, but Opening up your laptop or soldering certain parts can break warranty. I think the reason why customization is limited is mainly because few people really want it. I only use my laptop for net browsing. If i really wanted to game on it, I'd probably try to get an alienware.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts