1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

PC Game Controller - What kind?

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Skyrim Mom, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Skyrim Mom New Member

Message Count:
    My son plays Skyrim on a PC. He mentioned that his current keyboard and mouse were awful for playing Skyrim. I wanted to get a new game "controller" but I can't remember which one he said. I want to get him one for Christmas but wanted to surprise him. Can anyone could give me a suggestion on what type is good for playing Skyrim? Thanks.
  2. cubu New Member

Message Count:
    does your son have an xbox? generally people like ps3 style controllers or xbox style controllers. if it were me, i'd get the wired usb xbox 360 controller, or get a logitech controller if you don't like xbox controller
  3. Shadow Caster New Member

Message Count:
    Where do you set up the PC controller so it can be used. I'm have Skyrim on a Window 7 computer. I've installed the game controller on my pc, but can't find anywhere in the game that allows me to switch over from Keyboard/Mouse to Controller.

Please Help
  4. cubu New Member

Message Count:
    there is a checkbox in options for the controller, i know its there somewhere because i unchecked the box, i'm not sure if you need to remap the keys or not