• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Which control option will you use?

• Total voters

Flamingtaco

So what controls will you be using? I think using the second option will feel more natural to veterans of Oblivion where your LMB was primary attack with right hand and RMB was blocking. This is what Bethesda play testers were using I heard somewhere and its probably the default controls. For console players, having the triggers will be much more natural and I'm almost tempted to use one. I think what I will do is try using the first option (Left mouse button=left hand. Right Mouse button=Right hand) and make my character be left handed if possible so that way my primary attack will still be LMB.

Flamingtaco

I think that is probably going to be the norm. People can't be bothered to learn new controls when the old ones work, albeit a little strangely.

Flamingtaco

I think it's from all the circle strafing in mmos, I automatically think of pushing the right mouse button as my get the hell out of the way move.
Well I"m a bit of an old school shooter guy so RMB to me is like secondary attack or throw grenade and I would think of my shield or second sword as secondary. I'm used to playing zelda where the character is left handed so that's why I'm going to try that out.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I'll probably go with the control scheme that is congruent to the action. Right click isn't as awkward to use as people claim. Index finger and middle finger are pretty even for me. Since I'm right-handed my character will probably use the weapon on the right and shield on the left.

Flamingtaco

I'll probably go with the control scheme that is congruent to the action. Right click isn't as awkward to use as people claim. Index finger and middle finger are pretty even for me. Since I'm right-handed my character will probably use the weapon on the right and shield on the left.
Yeah its not really any harder, but its pretty different for most people so they will probably just stick with what is easier for them and what they will remember best.

Travis

I hadn't really thought this through. At first it seemed like I would want them to match, but after thinking about it for a while, I think I want it swapped.

Flamingtaco

I hadn't really thought this through. At first it seemed like I would want them to match, but after thinking about it for a while, I think I want it swapped.
Yeah I found out that shields automatically go in the left hand and you can't switch it I think, so I'll go with oblivion style controls. On the topic of controls, I don't know about anyone else, but I always switch jump and use so jump is space and use is e.

Travis

Oh for sure. Space has to be jump. I guess it was probably WoW that programmed my brain like that. But now, there is no hope of ever de-programming it.

Flamingtaco

Oh for sure. Space has to be jump. I guess it was probably WoW that programmed my brain like that. But now, there is no hope of ever de-programming it.
Well I learned it from shooters, but its kind of a standard control scheme,I don't know why oblivion changed it.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I think I will go with “Left mouse button=left hand. Right Mouse button=Right hand”. It seems to me that doing the opposite would be confusing (even if primary fire is usually on LMB). But since I’ll be spending at least some weeks with this game I am confident that I will be able to adapt to these controls in time :D

I'm gonna have to go with LMB= main weapon and RMB= Magic or block, even if the sides are inverted. Although if I was playing on the Xbox it would be the other way around.

Flamingtaco

I think I will go with “Left mouse button=left hand. Right Mouse button=Right hand”. It seems to me that doing the opposite would be confusing (even if primary fire is usually on LMB). But since I’ll be spending at least some weeks with this game I am confident that I will be able to adapt to these controls in time :D
The only trouble with this is that shields automatically go to left hand and I think you have to use right hand to attack with bows.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts