1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Patch

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Callow, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Callow Waterbear.

Message Count:
    Got on this morning and saw a 3MB patch on Xbox Live. Any info?
  2. Auxilium In my opinion..

Message Count:
    They did say they were looking for a Wednesday Patch release for Xbox/PC. So this might be it.
  3. Callow Waterbear.

Message Count:
  4. nogz Member

Message Count:
    People with PS3 have been saying the new patch bugs the game even more. Maybe you should wait a little before patching.
  5. Lilfish43 Member

Message Count:
    Its a good patch... liking it
  6. Auxilium In my opinion..

Message Count:
    I think that most of the game breaking glitches have been fixed. The freezing/framerate/crashes are fixed but now I believe that some people are complaining about their textures glitching.

I would take the texture glitches over the freezing/framerate/crashes any day.
  7. nogz Member

Message Count:
    Don't know but I've been seeing vids with dragons flying backwards. It's hilarious. I hope the next patch is soon and this time they fix all the quest bugs. They are really annoying.
  8. Callow Waterbear.

Message Count:
    So far so good

[Edit]

Correction. My dragons are now flying backwards. I am laughing so hard!
  9. Titanburner Premium Member

Message Count:
    Unplugging my 360 from the net today. Everything has been working awesome on my end playing from the disc. All I need is some stupid patch that breaks my resistances and screws up immersion with backwards flying dragons...
  10. Callow Waterbear.

Message Count:
    I agree it does mess with immersion quite a bit. I gotta admit though, still made me laugh. Though I can't land this dragon. When Dragonrend is used it practically crashes my game. So far, this is the longest dragon battle I think I'll ever have. 14 minutes in and he's maybe 1/8 down.
  11. Auxilium In my opinion..

Message Count:
    I think that was reported on the PS3 not the 360. I haven't had any issues with the new patch.
  12. Titanburner Premium Member

Message Count:
    I keep reading reports on the Resistances being broken. Supposedly if you download the patch any Magical Resistances DONT WORK. 1.2 Thanks, but no thanks..
  13. Titanburner Premium Member

Message Count:
  14. Ebony Knight Lore Sword

Message Count:
    If anything my 360 version is working faster and better. Less clipping/graphical issues, faster load times, no more 1990's era textures. Thank you patch!
  15. Auxilium In my opinion..

Message Count:
    Yeah I've had 0 issues with the new patch. Very smooth. No dragons flying backwards, no issues with magic resistances.
  16. Titanburner Premium Member

Message Count:
    You should really check your resistances man if you have any, save and find a dragon priest or something and dawn your armor then try it without and see if there's any differences. It may be working good now until you get slammed by some mages shock spell. I'm a shield guy, so +50% resistances to elements is something I continually rely on.
  17. Callow Waterbear.

Message Count:
    I wonder if it has anything to do with having it installed on the HD. I finally killed the dragon in the sky but. . he stayed in the air and now I probably have about 2FPS. Auxilium, Ebony Knight, do you have it installed to HD? If not I think I'll remove it and give it another whirl.
  18. Auxilium In my opinion..

Message Count:
    I do not have it installed on the HDD.
  19. Callow Waterbear.

Message Count:
    Well, removed it from the HDD and hopped back on. Didn't change anything. I ended up clearing system cache and that removed the patch. Things are back to "normal" I guess.

[Edit]

Okay well. . now I got in and played for a few mins then it crashed. Reloaded the game and now it says "This saved game was created on a later version of Skyrim. Please download any updates."

*whimpers*
  20. Ebony Knight Lore Sword

Message Count:
    I actually do have it installed on the HDD everything is running great for me.