• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Patch 1.9? Anyone know what might be in the next patch? I know 1.8 just came out, and I'm not demanding a patch, just curious! I will say I'm experiencing game crashes a little more frequently since downloading 1.8, but the game is still very much so playable.

If and when it does come out, it will probably to be to patch up some things with the "Dragonborn" DLC. What would you guys and gals like to see in the patch?

More armor and weapon choices. More realistic physics. More side quests.... I guess I want an expansion pack more than a patch.

Professor Skalvar

General of the Euphoric Gentleman's Club
One thing that I would like to be fixed is the damn Conjuration/Atronach (stone and perk) glitch. Another would be how the water textures just go to plops at times. What I mean is sometimes the water appears to be missing. As for the building textures, they sometimes look like something made with N64 graphics. Something I would like to be added that has never been a part of vanilla Skyrim is to have the option to turn off kill-cams. They can get fun at times, but I want to be able to control the frequency so that it doesn't become easily boring. For example:
  • None (0%)
  • Low (25%)
  • Medium (50%)
  • High (75%)
I doubt any of this will be implemented in Patch 1.9 or any others, but it would be nice to have some fixes that do matter. The problems they seemed to patch in 1.8 are ones I have never experienced. Strange that you're not the only one experiencing problems with it. I've heard several people here mention some of the bugs that have occurred in the game. With the fact that none of my problems are addressed in the new patch and that it appears to be somewhat buggy, I feel very hesitant to download patch 1.8.

raven63

1.9 patch Fixes Dragonborn "Rare" glitches and crashes and stability enhancement(I really want to know what stability enhancement it is very broad) I hope its like 1.4-7 were it adds new in game content

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
1.9 patch Fixes Dragonborn "Rare" glitches and crashes and stability enhancement(I really want to know what stability enhancement it is very broad) I hope its like 1.4-7 were it adds new in game content
Every patch they've released has said "General stability and memory optimizations". That's a euphemism for "We're going to try and make it seem like we're making progress, hopefully the fans won't notice!"

raven63

Every patch they've released has said "General stability and memory optimizations". That's a euphemism for "We're going to try and make it seem like we're making progress, hopefully the fans won't notice!"
With the added just don't question it your properly right on the money

This wouldn't ever be in a patch, or a DLC, and maybe even in an ES game...but I want to play Skyrim, or any Elder's Scroll game that has a real economy. Like where it's really a challenge to live day to day and earn money to buy things. I had a character with 100 hours and had over 800k in gold and probably twice that much in items, I just got too lazy to sell stuff after a certain point. Hell I just got too lazy to even loot stuff at that point.

I just hate playing and always being loaded!

Also, wouldn't "hardcore mode" be awesome in Skyrim? Similar to Fallout NV's where you had to eat, sleep and drink water? I think that would put an awesome twist on the game, as long as you left it optional, I think it would be a really fun.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts