• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
That was the point:)Made the WAY WAY to easy. U could be god like by lvl. 20.....yawn
lol, this just means i am going to disconnect my internet source tonight before i play

Necromis

Yay the patch is out and the new killcams are great but the patch has not fixed the one thing i needed it to fix, the house in windhelm, i killed viola and i could not complete the quest and i was hoping this patch would fix it as is said it would but i have talked to every npc in windhelm and i cannot find a way to complete this quest, if anyone knows how i can do it that would be great.
It does fix it. However, as has been stated on ALL the patches, it does nothing to fix a CURRENT save, but will fix the issue from happening in any new games. So if you want that house you will have to start a new save and complete the quest using that new game.

Savage Wolf

It does fix it. However, as has been stated on ALL the patches, it does nothing to fix a CURRENT save, but will fix the issue from happening in any new games. So if you want that house you will have to start a new save and complete the quest using that new game.

well thats a bummer, wish they would put her back in and make it so you can't kill her

Necromis

I know, it is the down side of any patch, it helps stop it from happening again, but does not fix any current saves.

Train

Is that all you got?!
I'm told it used to be in the lower right hand of the opening screen, but now it might be in "Options". I don't have an Xbox to check.

I'll check it when I get a chance, but I'm 99% positive there's no indicator, at least not in the opening screen, in any of the menus or while playing. Is it possible that it could be in the 360 dashboard under systems or something like that. I swear I've never seen it before, no game I've ever played has given a version number; I've never played on a PS3 though, so maybe this is something exclusive to PC and Playstation?

Train

Is that all you got?!
I got the patch on Xbox. Quite frankly... I don't like it. I can't do the smithing thing with iron daggers. :sadface:

:D Strange, that's what I was looking forward to the most, I have trouble stopping myself from exploiting that, now I don't have the option. Makes it interesting, no artificial advancement, let's just say I'm looking forward to clawing my way up the levels...this almost calls for a new character...

Train

Is that all you got?!
all games have a version number somewhere, it is in the pause menu on the save load ect. screen in the bottom left corner.

Guess I'm not as observant as I thought I was ;), I'll look for it, thanks.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
all games have a version number somewhere, it is in the pause menu on the save load ect. screen in the bottom left corner.

There is nothing in my load screen to indicate what version I'm using & in the Hard Drive it just says Title Update, no version number there either.

SaveVsBedWet

I was really hoping the release of new patches and updates for 3rd party stuff would coincide with each other finally, but no such luck.

Since this patch, the most recent three save games of my collection will not load past the "handy tips" screens using the "resume" option. I have to go back to whatever game is in the fourth save slot or earlier, and usually have to do an explicit "Load" of that game to get it to work. Once I save that game in a new slot or over one of the previous three most recent, it cannot be resume(d) or loaded again without hanging in similar fashion.

I thought it was because of the Nexxus Mod Manager/Skyrim scripting engine versions, so I updated NMM and still the same thing. No update for the scripting engine corresponding to this update has appeared yet. And I haven't been auto-updated on any of the individual mods yet either.

It gets tiring to have to uninstall every single one of the 30 or so mods I am running and then reinstall them one by one to figure out which is breaking things.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Bwahahaha, oh, that's rich, I'm sorry, I can't help myself; mods, I'll never understand what people see in them, but to each their own, eh? ;)

Savage Wolf

i would love to know when or if they are going to release some dlc content, i would love to see them expand on the borders of skyrim as there are many paths leading to the brink of it but it says you cannot travel any further in this direction,

Train

Is that all you got?!
One thing I'm noticing, could be my imagination, but I think there's better loot with the new patch; I just noticed I was finding some iteresting stuff is all.

xSuoiveDx

Dave, The Quiet One.
Another change I've noticed is that the Nimroots glow at night now.

srrono

Since the patch everytime I get in water at solitude the game freezes up have to shut down system and restart

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
:D Strange, that's what I was looking forward to the most, I have trouble stopping myself from exploiting that, now I don't have the option. Makes it interesting, no artificial advancement, let's just say I'm looking forward to clawing my way up the levels...this almost calls for a new character...
Yeah, I've gotten smithing to 100 on all my characters, but now I'm glad I'll have to work for it and won't be guaranteed so many free levels. I have zero will power, so I'm glad they changed it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts