• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
While looking for confirmation of console release dates for 1.5, I found this on Bethblog. PC folks may be getting another download from Steam.

Update 3/26: Today we’ve released a new Skyrim beta update, version 1.5.26, that introduces the following fixes:
BUG FIXES
  • Fixed issue with frequency of first person kill cameras
  • Underwater effects now display properly
  • Fixed crash when loading certain plugins
  • Fixed issue where sun would not appear properly after fast travel
Original Post: Released last week as a Beta, Skyrim’s 1.5 update is now available to all users on Steam. Those playing on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 can expect the update soon, as we’re submitting the update to console manufacturers this week.

theminstrels

Overseer of the chupacabra tea party
Hope the bugs that were in the original patch don't show up in the versions they are sending to the consoles. They can't do an "oops" fix for those like on the computer.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
They probably release the patches as a beta to do mass testing of it. So, I doubt there will be these issues with the console versions. Releasing things for PS3 and 360 is a lot more tedious than for PC games via Steam.

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Im holding off on playing skyrim till patch hits consoles :)

SGT_Sky

Silence, My Brother
New patches always scare me a little...
me too, it could add more ubforseen bugs or mess up some of the things i do in the game to make money "exploits" psshhh...its single player

Dovahdream

I'm just waiting with baited breath for this to hit the xbox because atm the console version has more bugs than a tramps jockstrap !!

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm sorry the console patch has had such a delay. Usually it's out by now. I've been checking Bethblog for news but nothing new on there either.

theminstrels

Overseer of the chupacabra tea party
They are probably checking it a little more this time around.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I just saw another post on here about a 1.5.3! I've asked for confirmation about it though. If it fixes a graphics card glitch, it would not be meaningful for console folks so it shouldn't delay them. But I haven't seen confirmation of this yet.

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
To my understanding patch 1.5 was released pc as a BETA which isn't the complete thing it's a test, most should know that i would assume. The introduced sweet new kill cams and fixed old bugs, but of course with work like that new bugs can get created. I heard that the new kill cams where buggy a bit and a few quests or something needed to be fixed as well. After being mass tested via pc they hopefully gotten to the core of the problem to release a more stable 1.5 patch then released to xbox. Apparently updating is easier for pc compared to console so there trying to make it right.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Any more news on this? I've been watching this thread and checking other forums, but I can't find one scrap of PR that gives even a hint about how much longer it might be for the console version. I don't care if they take another month or two, I'd just like to know one way or the other...

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
The last entry on Bethblog concerning the patch is from March 29th and it still seems to be pending. It's been submitted so it's up to Microsoft and Sony at this point.

Train

Is that all you got?!
Thanks, good to know...so maybe we'll see it this week or next, that at least gives us a ballpark. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts