• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wolfie

(Alright, thanks. I just wanted to make sure that you could read it fine. I, personally, type rather quickly, although I try to put a measure of thought and tone into my writings. Sometimes I'm just not into it.)

(The low attention to detail is fine; I got the gift of it. To me, roleplaying is more about the feeling of the situation than description, which is why the paragraphs that I write are a lot shorter and simpler than they were years ago. Considering action, I have an idea that will probably work reasonably well. There may be a bandit skirmish, or perhaps a vampire attack, near the gates, drawing the attention of the guards and Idoma. Trouble ensues, as if often does in these threads. Sound good?)

Idoma set her knapsack on the bed and closed the door behind her. A shame these doors didn't have locks, such as the ones in Cyrodiil. “How uncivilized,” Idoma muttered, thinking back on this. She sat on the bed and began drawing out items from the backpack: two twin steel daggers with simple handles and a tightly packed suit of leathery armor, dyed black.

She checked the door, and began stripping off her clothes. Even in privacy, she felt self-conscious, and changed as quickly as she could. The bloodied sack sat on the floor, where she hoped it would not stain the wooden floorboards. She tried to not think too much or too hard.

After getting her main body armor on, Idoma slipped the face mask over her head and tugged on the hood. She felt a bit goofy, like a child wearing her father's cloak, pretending like she was someone else entirely. I am, she told herself. I must be.

She grabbed the piece of charcoal laying on the dresser and began to scrawl a note, in large letters, on the sack. Her hand trembled a bit as her palm touched the hardened head of the bandit. She was almost glad she did not have to look at it. 'Reward Request. A Gift for you Grace and his People' it said.

The Bannered Mare had changed within the past several years. More rooms had been added, and Hulda agreed to add windows at many customers' requests. Idoma found this particularly useful; it was the only sneaky way she had out of the inn. Without it, she'd be caught cold by the bewildered townsfolk.

She opened the window. It was a simple one, able to slide up and down, and the windows were grimy with misuse. A few feet wide and tall, it was easy enough to slide out of when you have something to stand on.

She tried dragging the dresser over, but it wouldn't budge. Frustrated, she moved a chair in front of the window and peeked out. The air was breezeless, at the moment; she had a clear view of the back of the Bannered Mare, where the only thing staring back at her was a wall.

She made sure the knives were sheathed. Idoma glanced back at the door, sack in hand. Turning back forwards, she made her way out of the window. Seeing the ground so far down made her stomach twist. She turned upwards and lumbered onto the roof. Like a child, she thought. Playing on top of the roof like a thief. Not for the first time, she wondered what she was doing.

(A bit of a long, advancing post...I know. I wasn't sure how to go about that, actually. Guards often look in dark corners for thieves, and rooftops, so she's not “safe” on the paths or on top of buildings. The idea is to be quick and agile. This would be difficult to do in Cyrodiil; however, Skyrim's roofs are made of a much harsher material, although the houses are not close together – so, it's easier to walk on a roof in Skyrim than it is to jump from one rooftop to another. That's just my novice idea.)

fellowknight

The Devil In The Details
    After pulling off his dark green linen shirt along with his boots and greaves down to his under garments, Arigom comfortably slid into bed and willed the fur sheets over himself. Finally... He thought, as his back popped and he slowly drifted off to sleep for the first time in days.

Later on in the night, the shattering of glass caused Arigom to wake with a start, pulling a dagger he'd tucked under his pillow, in a defensive position. No one was in his room. The sound had, instead, come from downstairs, in the main room.

He listened closer.

There was slight grunting, drunken insults, and the screams and pleas of Hulda and Saadia.

A brawl.

Something shattered. Wood. A table. Arigom threw the sheets off himself and quickly did his best to throw on his greaves and grab his axe, rushing out of his room and down the stairs, towards the kitchen.

In the main room, two men, one Nord, the other Argonian, were at each other's throats, spitting insults and words of hate as they attempted to beat each other down. Both were built and easily matched each other. Compared to them, Arigom was but a twig.

But he cared not.

He took a step forward and yelled as loud as his voice could project at the two.

"HEY! THAT'S ENOUGH!!"

Wolfie

A roar shook Idoma's world. She was just crawling to the top of the room when she heard Arigom's shout. In alarm, she tried to stand and momentarily lost her footing, the foot slipping backwards. She grapped the vertical ledge at the top of the roof and scrambled to get to her feet.

What in the name of the gods.. she thought. She crouched there for a moment, heart fluttering. Can't stop now, she told herself, pulling herself to the top of the roof. She stood, then, just barely able to see the stone path of the market square. The yelling downstairs had gotten her attention; a worthy distraction.

She did what she could to tear her mind away from the Mare. Idoma flickered her eyes around her surroundings. Quickly. She hoped she'd be able to catch Arigom in the morning, if she were able to get her hands on the reward. It wasn't a priority: getting the people's attention directed towards the head – knowing that they have someone looking over them – was. The desire for appreciation burned in the Imperial's heart.

She stepped to the far edge of the top of the roof and then jumped. It was clean, but not graceful; the slopings of the roofs and spacings between the buildings made this particular mode of transportation difficult. Nonetheless, it was more discreet than wandering on foot carrying a bloodied bag.

Her leap caught the attention of a guard that she hadn't noticed was in sight-range. He raised a yelp. Idoma didn't answer him, though she glanced back for a second, the mask pressing against her lips. She twisted around and continued her rooftop journey to Dragonsreach. Part of her mind – youthful and confident in stride – assured her that she would not need to worry about being persued.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts