• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Rayzor

Hey Guys this is my first post. So i am currently level 23 and i am playing the thief tactic - sneak, daggers and bows. i got my smithing to 100 and have crafted a daedric bow and am in the process of crafting full dragonscale armor. I just wanted to know if anybody has found where to get a paralyze enchantment to put on my bow. I currently have one but it only has a chance of paralyzing them for 2 seconds. Thanks

Agincourt

'Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!'
As far as i know mate its a pretty random with the enchantments some seem to be harder to find than others tho tbh, Paralyse seems to fall into this. And once you have learnt the enchantment, the power of it depends on Enchanting skill/Perks and Soul gem used.

As for the duration 2 secs should be enough to get the job done if paired with the stagger perk for archery, the mobs won't even have time to blink before you nail uhm!!!

Increasing your enchanting level and investing in the "enchanter" perk also increases the time your target will be paralyzed. For example my Daedric bow can paralyze for 7 seconds because of have 5/5 in enchanter. And check out the link in my signature if you like sneaking and archery. :)

hope this helps.

That Guy

Hey Guys this is my first post. So i am currently level 23 and i am playing the thief tactic - sneak, daggers and bows. i got my smithing to 100 and have crafted a daedric bow and am in the process of crafting full dragonscale armor. I just wanted to know if anybody has found where to get a paralyze enchantment to put on my bow. I currently have one but it only has a chance of paralyzing them for 2 seconds. Thanks

I highly suggest not putting that enchantment on it at all. look at perk 100 for archery, unless your really short on perks just get that, that entire left side of the archery section is necessary/amazing for sneak/assasin characters.

instead I'd consider waiting for dual enchant lvl 100

if not i found the following most useful:

dual:
fiery soul trap +shock damage= 25 shock damage +10 fire damage + soul trap

Note: use shock to drain mana, i usually find myself running from mages if there are a lot and if i need more than one shot or so its nice to know im depleting mana off of them. Then again mages are usually one shotable (aside from bosses) so then frost may fit your fancy better (drain stamina)

Single:
fiery soul trap, fire damage, shock damage, or frost damage. Pick what you need more.

Jedfordski

I highly suggest not putting that enchantment on it at all. look at perk 100 for archery, unless your really short on perks just get that, that entire left side of the archery section is necessary/amazing for sneak/assasin characters.

instead I'd consider waiting for dual enchant lvl 100

if not i found the following most useful:

dual:
fiery soul trap +shock damage= 25 shock damage +10 fire damage + soul trap

Note: use shock to drain mana, i usually find myself running from mages if there are a lot and if i need more than one shot or so its nice to know im depleting mana off of them. Then again mages are usually one shotable (aside from bosses) so then frost may fit your fancy better (drain stamina)

Single:
fiery soul trap, fire damage, shock damage, or frost damage. Pick what you need more.

How do you get Soul Trap as well as Fire and Shock?

brandon

the fiery soul trap is on another weapon you can sometimes find. then just add shock once you get the dual enchantment perk. other then that you can use a parallysis poison and go that route too. also not only does the initial soulgem you use to enchant something with effect it. but so does your enchanting skill. just enchant a bunch of little things with weak soul gems to raise your skill. i had my bow enchanted with paralysis and didnt have any perks invested in enchanting but i had 5 secs of paralysis on it.

That Guy

How do you get Soul Trap as well as Fire and Shock?

fiery soul trap is a has 2 enchantments in 1. it's the only 1 like that. It has both soul trap and fire damage on 1 enchantment, but it's only a 10 fire damage. The thing that makes this cool is u can set it to 1 second and get an insane amount of charges (u only need 1 second bc it's cast when u hit- you always trap a soul if u kill with that weapon). It's a way to get soul trap without giving up too much damage in place of an enchantment. Anyways, its in like ironbind barrow or something. At the end in the boss room on the back of the throne.

so enchantment 1:
fiery soul trap= soul trap +fire
and then put another enchantment 2:
shock/frost/anything

so technically 3 enchantments, thats why its so awesome.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
I currently have one but it only has a chance of paralyzing them for 2 seconds. Thanks
That's all you need. When you disencant an item at an Arcane Enchanter table you learn the type of enchantment but not the magnitude of the enchantment. The strength of the enchantment on an item you disenchant is irrelevant, and the strength of an enchantment when you are enchanting an item depends on:

1. Your Enchanting skill (including any boosts from Fortify Enchantment potions);
2. Your Enchanting perks; and
3. The size of the soul you use to bind the enchantment to the item.
I disagree. First of all you have to have 100 in Archery to activate that perk so it's an endgame build which is not going to be available to him for most of the game. Second of all, like rest of the ultimate weapon skill perks it has a very low chance of taking effect. In fact out of the three it's the gimpiest, requiring 100 points in the skill instead of 90 while being 10% less likely to take effect

The benefits of having a Paralyze enchanted bow when your preferred open combat mode is ranged should be painfully obvious, but to spell it out - being able to stack shot after shot on a target without them closing the distance or hitting you with a ranged attack gives you a substantial advantage over the nominal amount of damage bonus that you're going to get from fire, frost or shock enchantments.

This is especially true at low levels when you may not be able to one shot a lot of mobs, and mob resist checks to paralysis are weak. By contrast having the weak Archery Bullseye perk is going to be worthless in almost every encounter you're going to have because if you did a proper build you are going to be one shotting a lot of your targets by the time you can get it, and you'll be staggering mobs half the time you don't with your Power Shot perk.

My advice to the OP is to disenchant the weapon he has with the Paralyze enchantment now and start putting it to good use. He can always make a better bow with double enchants later on but there is no good reason to deprive himself of the benefits of a bow enchanted with Paralyze until then.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts